Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Operators - PLEASE BAN & BLOCK GPUMAX getwork/proxy access to your pool  (Read 13591 times)
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 08:20:16 AM

I was thinking about mining on Ozcoin, but I heard that they support scammers, fraud and illegal botnets....although I could be wrong. Perhaps I need some red oversized text to help get the point across to me  Roll Eyes

So basically what the Ozcoin OP is saying is, he will kick a botnet if it affects HIS pool's performance and HIS bottom line, but he will allow scammers and fraudsters to stay connected and access his pool although they have negatively affected an entire community ?

Please tell me that you are not part of a Neighborhood Watch program at home where you live, because I would feel sorry for the protection you were offering to your neighbors when they weren't at home to protect their own homes....lol

Let me think out loud (or in text) here for a minute:

Block GPUMAX access---->Force miners to connect directly to their pools, as no work gets passed through = Tons of hashing power able to be directed anywhere HE wishes, is taken out of the control of a known scammer and as D&T said, perhaps the biggest (paraphrase) Douchebag in Bitcoin history ?

Hey Graet. Imagine that you have a young wife and a young son. Your wife's Gynecologist (you know, pussy Doctor) is your son's baseball coach on the side and physically abuses your son, say, in a 'private' nature. Would you still allow him to work on your wife's private parts because 1 has nothing to do with the other ?

wtf?
another that has never spoken to me nor asked about policies or anything to do with my life just making up stuff...the words you are trying to put onto my mouth are not mine.
I heard lots of stuff about bitlane - but I form my own judgements and don't make up lies about him and post them in the forum ...

still no thread asking miners and gamblers to stop using gpumax - why not target everyone "associated" as you people call it,are the exchanges cooperating and giving "scammed coins" back to scammed people are they not "associated" too? why just pool ops?
easy target for fud?
I would be interested by the meaning you attach to "associated"
associated like a business partner  or associated like a customer and a supermarket?

If there is legal action being taken against GPUMAX LLC I would love to hear from the relevant authorities and on their request will spend the time and resources to block GPUMAX from Ozcoin.
In the past Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd has complied with requests from agencies of the law to ban botnets and has assisted users infected by botnets that have contacted us on ways to remove the offending software from the machine with advice to contact local authorities. Even tried to point out the positive aspect of BTC to some.

once again there is no effective way to ban gpumax without playing "whack a mole"
gpumax has barely been leasing, hardly anyone buying shares it is dieing its own death....
If this actually is MNW I just lost the last shred of respect I had for the man.

I will respectfully ask that anyone else wanting to post defamatory comments to PM me with their real name and street address for ease of serving legal papers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

thank you
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:20:32 AM

How is this going to help you get your BTC and how little profit do you think GPUMAX generate ?

It's simply a matter of principal.

How many Jews do you know that today proudly drive a VW Beetle ? or perhaps even a Porsche ?

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:23:23 AM

How is this going to help you get your BTC and how little profit do you think GPUMAX generate ?

It's simply a matter of principal.

How many Jews do you know that today proudly drive a VW Beetle ? or perhaps even a Porsche ?

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:26:04 AM

wtf?
another that has never spoken to me nor asked about policies or anything to do with my life just making up stuff...the words you are trying to put onto my mouth are not mine.
I heard lots of stuff about bitlane - but I form my own judgements and don't make up lies about him and post them in the forum ...

still no thread asking miners and gamblers to stop using gpumax - why not target everyone "associated" as you people call it,are the exchanges cooperating and giving "scammed coins" back to scammed people are they not "associated" too? why just pool ops?
easy target for fud?
associated like a business partner  or associated like a customer and a supermarket?

If there is legal action being taken against GPUMAX LLC I would love to hear from the relevant authorities and on their request will spend the time and resources to block GPUMAX from Ozcoin.
In the past Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd has complied with requests from agencies of the law to ban botnets and has assisted users infected by botnets that have contacted us on ways to remove the offending software from the machine with advice to contact local authorities. Even tried to point out the positive aspect of BTC to some.

once again there is no effective way to ban gpumax without playing "whack a mole"
gpumax has barely been leasing, hardly anyone buying shares it is dieing its own death....
If this actually is MNW I just lost the last shred of respect I had for the man.

I will respectfully ask that anyone else wanting to post defamatory comments to PM me with their real name and street address for ease of serving legal papers

thank you
Graet

So... you  are not a man of Principals then ?

Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 08:39:23 AM

wtf?

easy target for fud?

thank you
Graet

So... you  are not a man of Principals then ?
I believe I have already shown the Bitcoin "community" I am.
Defamation/vilification/lies and FUD will not change that

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:51:05 AM

easy target for fud?
GPUMAX and BS&T are more than merely just "associated" - they're run from the same wallet by the same person. The initial lot of payments from BS&T after it closed down also appear to have been made using funds laundered through GPUMAX in a way that isn't available to normal users of GPUMAX (they were mined on a private pool that wasn't used for anything else, which isn't normally allowed).

Also, people have been seeing shares mysteriously go missing on the way to their pools and someone may mistakenly blame you or the other pool owners for their drop in earnings.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 09:17:04 AM

easy target for fud?
GPUMAX and BS&T are more than merely just "associated" - they're run from the same wallet by the same person. The initial lot of payments from BS&T after it closed down also appear to have been made using funds laundered through GPUMAX in a way that isn't available to normal users of GPUMAX (they were mined on a private pool that wasn't used for anything else, which isn't normally allowed).

Also, people have been seeing shares mysteriously go missing on the way to their pools and someone may mistakenly blame you or the other pool owners for their drop in earnings.
I am being told I am associated with Pirate because some GPUMAX users mine on my pool as their backup pool when there are no leases running - I am trying to get some clarification of this alleged "association".

I guess some people missed the bit where I explained how easy it was for miners to mine on Ozcoin direct and switch to GPUMAX when a lease started? Making time and effort taken to block GPUMAX wasted anyway.
with respect wouldn't the pools blocking gpumax force them to only mine on their "private pool" would this actually help?

for sometime now when users have complained about stale or "missing" or whatever shares when mining through GPUMAX or any other proxy I have asked them to mine directly on Ozcoin to see if it was a pool issue or not -for those that did issues went away and were not Ozcoin related. Pretty easy to avoid that blame angle I am sure other pool operators have experienced the same Smiley

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:18:48 AM

Funny how everyone is blasting Graet because he is the only pool operator to actually take a stance

Whereas I have seen none of the others comment in this thread or anywhere else saying they would ban GPUMAX

Users will always find a dealer, so go after the users not the dealers

the United States war on drugs has made that much clear

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:22:59 AM

Again, nobody is saying you have an obligation to do it. You can just go ahead and do it if you wish, but the rationale is already clear.

If you simply want to leave the choice to users that's just a stance like any other. The only association you may have is that you are knowingly allowing it, that's all. To each his own with the interpretation of that.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:39:34 AM

Funny how everyone is blasting Graet because he is the only pool operator to actually take a stance

Whereas I have seen none of the others comment in this thread or anywhere else saying they would ban GPUMAX

Users will always find a dealer, so go after the users not the dealers

the United States war on drugs has made that much clear

This is such an unnecessarily antagonistic thread. Pool ops have no obligation to do anything about GPUmax, although it would be nice if they would. Same thing with miners. There is no reason to act like Graet or anyone else is some outrageous person for not going out of their way to block it.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 10:55:06 AM

This is ridiculous. I doubt any pro posters apart from D&T even mine.

If you do, start asking the miners not to use GPUMax to proxy their shares. Or provide a better proxying service. Or something. Asking pool operators to ban a service on ideological grounds is a slippery slope.

If you want to show your support for this proposal and you mine, then why not boycott all pools that don't ban GPUMax? If enough miners go back to solo mining you might change their minds. However, I think your time will be better spent convincing miners not to use GPUMax, rather than forcing policing powers on pool operators.

Bitlane, I usually enjoy your vitriol and it's often aimed in directions I find amusing. I do not find it amusing when you when you attempt to slight the character of a man who has done far more for the mining community than you are ever likely to, and has always looked out for his miners and miners in general. Why not direct your rage at all pool ops? Or is it just that you like to pick on victim at a time because it's easier?

I challenge the OP to start a "Miners, don't mine using GPUMax" thread and hash it out with the people using the proxy.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 12:08:21 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think it's great the way that Trendon has screwed over nearly half this forum community and continues to profit off the other half in an attempt to further prove just how stupid people are when it comes to being overpowered by greed.

What's even better is the fact that the same people that call the BTCST Investors IDIOTS for investing in a so-called 'Ponzi' are most of the same ones using GPUMAX ...still today.

Let me put it a bit more bluntly...
The same people that have laughed at many of us for taking it in the ass from Trendon, are the same ones with his balls resting on their chins right now.

I am done vilifying Trendon. He is a genius. If he writes a book, you can bet I will be the first one to purchase an autographed copy.

From now on, not only will I turn a blind eye to Scammers in this community, in regards to their past 'victories' but I will do everything in my power to support them to continue to be a part of this community using the precedent that has been set here today.

It's all OK....I say, 'Scam Away' !

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 12:15:36 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think it's great the way that Trendon has screwed over nearly half this forum community and continues to profit off the other half in an attempt to further prove just how stupid people are when it comes to being overpowered by greed.

What's even better is the fact that the same people that call the BTCST Investors IDIOTS for investing in a so-called 'Ponzi' are most of the same ones using GPUMAX ...still today.

Let me put it a bit more bluntly...
The same people that have laughed at many of us for taking it in the ass from Trendon, are the same ones with his balls resting on their chins right now.

I am done vilifying Trendon. He is a genius. If he writes a book, you can bet I will be the first one to purchase an autographed copy.

From now on, not only will I turn a blind eye to Scammers in this community, in regards to their past 'victories' but I will do everything in my power to support them to continue to be a part of this community using the precedent that has been set here today.

It's all OK....I say, 'Scam Away' !

Strawman.

You're not responding to any comments, you're just making up things against which you can argue. Try again?

Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 12:38:32 PM

Are you saying any pool operators that don't block gpumax are untrusted? if so by who? you?
If person A helps a thief (I suppose you can't argue on the fact that pirate -up to now- appears to be a thief, and that GPUMax is owned by pirate, can you?) would you trust person A? I wouldn’t. In fact I'd expect more or less the same from him as well.

Pool operators who accept people's shares through GPUMax, to my understanding, help GPUMax make money (with whatever it is that GPUMax is doing). The same goes for other services as well. I don't know though how hard or easy it is to block GPUMax or for exchanges to not accept coins from pirate's GPUMax' wallet.

How about us, miners, decide what pool to mine on? I'd sure wouldn't mind moving pools, if my pool operator decided not to block GPUMax. Purely democratic; people decide (both operators and miners).

Another point...
Lets not forget that if one steals from a not-so-smart person (like>
a bunch of people invested money they couldn't afford to lose in a "too good to be true scheme" - against the advice of many of the smarter "community" members
) he's still considered a thief, isn't he? (by the way, if people COULD afford to lose their money, would that make it OK for anyone to deceive them? ). Let me take it into another context... If you leave your front door wide open and thieves break into your house, would you consider yourself the only one responsible and wouldn't do anything else?

What I'm saying is that at this point, it doesn't really matter if people were stupid/silly/greedy/anything. What matters is that one person did something completely wrong to a lot of people. This person needs to either correct his mistake or pay for it.

Now, about the going to the authorities part... I think this thread is NOT about people getting their coins back. We discuss about if it's a good idea or not, to NOT help a thief continue with his business and how we could accomplish that.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is for people to decide to use or not GPUMax.

Graet, please don't see my post as a personal attack on you, as these are by far NOT my intentions. I may disagree with some of your points but that doesn’t change the fact that I recognize you as a respectful member of this community. As already mentioned above, only the fact that you took a stand for your opinion, although you could have quietly done nothing, shows a lot already.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 12:49:22 PM

Are you saying any pool operators that don't block gpumax are untrusted? if so by who? you?
If person A helps a thief (I suppose you can't argue on the fact that pirate -up to now- appears to be a thief, and that GPUMax is owned by pirate, can you?) would you trust person A? I wouldn’t. In fact I'd expect more or less the same from him as well.

Pool operators who accept people's shares through GPUMax, to my understanding, help GPUMax make money (with whatever it is that GPUMax is doing). The same goes for other services as well. I don't know though how hard or easy it is to block GPUMax or for exchanges to not accept coins from pirate's GPUMax' wallet.

I think the main "persons A" to which you refer are miners. They are paying for a service with GPUMax. This is nothing to do with pool ops, and everything to do with miners. Try to convince the majority of the people you think are thieves - the GPUMax users.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 12:51:56 PM

well the people "helping the thief" are the ones still buying shares and miners leasing them
the pools that still run exploitable payout systems are the ones leases most often run on

like I said before people don't buy leases to run on Ozcoin anymore (leases are where gpumax make their money) the only thing happening is some miners that use gpumax to manage their miners are using Ozcoin as a backup pool.
as I have pointed out before it is trivial for miners and gpumax to get around bans

I am not helping any thief make money, sorry to dispel illusions Smiley
best
Graet

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 12:57:12 PM

Graet, are you really that THICK ?

I don't think this has anything to do with purchases. I read the thread title and understood the request right away.

STOP PASSTHROUGH WORK FORCING MINERS TO LEAVE GPUMAX BECAUSE NO WORK GETS RELAYED, TAKING THE POWER OUT OF TRENDON'S HANDS.

...NOT 'help us get our money back'....NOT "stop purchases'.....NOT EVEN CLOSE.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 01:11:11 PM

I don't think this has anything to do with purchases. I read the thread title and understood the request right away.

STOP PASSTHROUGH WORK FORCING MINERS TO LEAVE GPUMAX BECAUSE NO WORK GETS RELAYED, TAKING THE POWER OUT OF TRENDON'S HANDS.

You would fix the problem at it's source if you convinced miners not to use GPUMax.

If you're going to target pool ops anyway, why not target the ones receiving the lion's share of GPUMax work. As Graet said, his pool is rarely used by GPUMax.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 01:48:35 PM

Dear bitlane why do you persist in spreading misinformation?
I used to value some of your input, unfortunately you are missing the mark on this occasion.

I am convinced you are not reading what I am typing, responding with the same words again seems pointless.

something I haven't said
many miners are already part mining on gpumax (1 rig )while keeping the bulk of their hashrate on various pools, they switch to gpumax when leases start. they have had this setup for some time now due to some bad stale issues. banning gpumax at the pool would have no real effect on these miners and others would soon duplicate what they are doing - it is even automated on miners side.

another fact you might not be aware of, the hashrate drop for Ozcoin when a lease starts is currently about 70Ghash, it used to be closer to 300Ghash (post introduction of fees) closer to 800Ghash before fees.
I am not sure how much power you imagine gpumax actually get these days...or leases, I idle in their IRC, seems pretty thin pickings...

go wage your war against someone that can actually do something to make a difference.
Thank you
Graet

makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:32:20 PM

I guess some people missed the bit where I explained how easy it was for miners to mine on Ozcoin direct and switch to GPUMAX when a lease started? Making time and effort taken to block GPUMAX wasted anyway.
Actually, I did miss that bit. How is it easy to only switch to GPUMAX when a lease starts? From what I can tell, GPUMAX requires you to back every worker you create with a valid, functioning worker login on a pool that GPUMAX obtains work from when no-one's leasing shares - and yes, it does check that the pool configuration you gave it works. There's no way to tell GPUMAX to only send you leased work even though a lot of people have demanded one, and there doesn't seem to be any way for mining software to tell whether the work is from your own pool account or leased either.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: