Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:51:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the LTC price hit $30? How wide market altcoin indices can predict  (Read 1609 times)
marine4u (OP)

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:30:00 AM

Now that the price is over $ 3, what's next ? will it hold?

Will the LTC price hit $3 this summer?

We'll use altcoin wide market indices to try to predict LTC price.

Let's compare daily charts of LTC/USD (Litecoin, btc-e) and ALT100 index (BTC value).
ALT100 Index is a wide market index (based on value of 100 coins, being traded on Cryptsy).

There are three evident divergences, and all three successfully have predicted LTC price earlier.

Now LTC long term trend is still down, but wide market index ALT100 trend is already up.
In 3 previous similar cases of 2015, LTC has followed ALT100 (a chart).

Let's predict that LTC will hit $3 this summer.

Note: there may be another divergence later which would signal to sell LTC.
But now strong BUY (BUY signal has appeared in May when LTC price was flat $1.5, see a chart).

I believe that the marketcap gap between BTC & LTC will shrink from X30 to under X10 within the next 12 months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:38:18 AM

0.1 btc per ltc may be a little too optimistic.. I guess we can head back to at least 0.015-0.025 in the next minths though.

30 usd per btc would make me a happy man though Wink
marine4u (OP)

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:47:45 AM

0.1 btc per ltc may be a little too optimistic.. I guess we can head back to at least 0.015-0.025 in the next minths though.

30 usd per btc would make me a happy man though Wink

I also bought because I needed LTC  for an exchange project that I have been working on for Marinecoin called the Marinex
I bought around 1500 LTC total in the past weeks at around sub $ 1,in order to seed them during initial Marinex launch, seems that my timing was just right.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:52:18 AM

If I remember well, it was worth about $50 when the Bitcoin was at its ATH.

Yes, I think we will hit such values again. However, this really depends on the value of BTC on itself. I think LTC is going to be worth more (in terms of BTC) because most altcoins these days are increasing in value (with regard to the Bitcoin), and this pattern will happen again (at a fast pace) as soon as the BTC gains value. This has happend before; people think it is too expensive for them to buy a whole BTC and therefore choose to buy multiple entire altcoins. It doesn't really makes sense, but I guess it's just the feeling to own an entire coin (like 1 LTC) instead of 0,05 BTC.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
alt19

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:57:44 PM

Now that the price is over $ 3, what's next ? will it hold?

Will the LTC price hit $3 this summer?

We'll use altcoin wide market indices to try to predict LTC price.

Let's compare daily charts of LTC/USD (Litecoin, btc-e) and ALT100 index (BTC value).
ALT100 Index is a wide market index (based on value of 100 coins, being traded on Cryptsy).

There are three evident divergences, and all three successfully have predicted LTC price earlier.

Now LTC long term trend is still down, but wide market index ALT100 trend is already up.
In 3 previous similar cases of 2015, LTC has followed ALT100 (a chart).

Let's predict that LTC will hit $3 this summer.

Note: there may be another divergence later which would signal to sell LTC.
But now strong BUY (BUY signal has appeared in May when LTC price was flat $1.5, see a chart).

Thank you for quoting my post.
In my opinion too early to speak about $30 now. Even $10 is not an easy target.
I don't know how much it will be, I just see a Buy signal and hold until I see a Sell signal, then short.
Now since May there is a Buy signal on LTC and the whole altcoin market.
I don't know how long it will last, sometimes it is better just to follow a trend, with no exact expectations.

I wanted to show with my post and with a chart that a nature of Litecoin is closer to altcoins than to Bitcoin.
But BTC price is rising, too, now, so you may say that Litecoin is just following BTC.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:05:01 PM

I don't think LTC can reach $10 at all.
There are way too many bagholders at LTC who are looking to dump when the price rises.
Any price increase will not last when many people are selling.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:25:31 PM

dont dream like that baby Wink ltc never hit $30

1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:48:16 PM

Why would an uninteresting, uninnovative shitcoin reach $10-30? It's already amazing that LTC got this high.

I'm betting on a heavy dump soon.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:04:06 PM

Why would an uninteresting, uninnovative shitcoin reach $10-30? It's already amazing that LTC got this high.

I'm betting on a heavy dump soon.

I won't call Litecoin a shitcoin. It has a history as it was the first altcoin (right?). Many people have spend hours/days/weeks or even months mining this coin, and some of them might even still keep mining LTC directly. Besides that, I think many users do have some LTC or atleast some parts of LTC.  Mark my words, when we experience a nice increase in value of the BTC, we will see at least the same rise of the value of LTC (and probably more).

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:29:29 PM

if it hits $30 anytime soon, it will be followed by a major dump.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:51:04 PM

Sure LTC can hit $30 but that's dependent on BTC itself accruing more $Fiat value.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:42:32 AM

If Litecoin hits 30, its on the tailcoat of bitcoin, like 2013. The one thing that ltc has going for it, is china volume trading. That's pretty much it. If that's your definition of alt coin investment, then go for it. ☺

One more thing: I have heard it said by wise a Shaolin Warrior that if one writes the following words in their forum threads, then LTC will most certainly take wing....

"Arise Chickun!!!"
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:44:51 AM

Many here would be buying if it hit $30, they have zero interest in buying now at $2.50-$3.00 and certainly not when it was $1.00+ a couple of months ago.  Cheesy

Bitrated user: Mick.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:05:09 AM

at this point it looks like LTC and BTC are heading in opposite directions.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:53:56 AM

It's still down from $50 so $3 isn't all that great. For all we know this could have been a bounce on its way down even farther.

So hard to predict.

If it went to $30 though it wouldn't stop there, it would move past $50

One things for sure. Now is a terrible time to buy. Don't ever buy after a big run like the one it just had.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:30:09 AM

It's still down from $50 so $3 isn't all that great. For all we know this could have been a bounce on its way down even farther.

So hard to predict.

If it went to $30 though it wouldn't stop there, it would move past $50

One things for sure. Now is a terrible time to buy. Don't ever buy after a big run like the one it just had.

I would agree with but not at this moment, its actually the perfect time to buy because of the halving.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:37:56 AM

yep what I'm wrestling with now. (holding 2500 ltc as of today .miner) I suspected that 1.40 to 1.80 was too low..but now what to do?

sell some/hold/buy some more etc etc

if it is over 0.006 LTC to BTC I'm fine ...a month ago it was like around 1.40 usd to LTC I think ..now it is $3.05 adn the rate is 0.01230 LTC to BTC

sheesh...

IF say BTC hits 1000 and LTC continues to act in a 0.01 LTC to BTC manner that is 10 buck LTC

nice I caught the train..but no frigging idea when/if/how/why or if I should jump off any time soon

but it is not imho that if BTC was say 500 usd that Litecoin could not be 5-10 bucks per LTC with this 0.01 LTC or more to BTC analogy

also on a side note if they are making sidechains and apps for BTC I would assume there would be versions made for LTC as well ....it is what I'd do if I made such

that opens up a whole new WHAT IF and HOW HIGH can the price go debate ....

but it is a lot more fun with 2500 LTC now (brief as it may be ..this is on paper I'm currently holding) at 3.05 then it was around a month ago at 1.40

So I may be confused as hell about wtf is going on ...but this is a much more fun version of confusion imho then watching the price tank

anyway my view (so far) on all this (will change on a whim and the sweet sweet unconscious trigger of panic/fear) from press fud/scandal or other that pops up as a
result of this surge in LTC price....its how such stuff seems to roll with crypto and me Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:15:00 AM

yep what I'm wrestling with now. (holding 2500 ltc as of today .miner) I suspected that 1.40 to 1.80 was too low..but now what to do?

if it is over 0.006 LTC to BTC I'm fine ...a month ago it was like around 1.40 usd to LTC I think ..now it is $3.05 adn the rate is 0.01230 LTC to BTC

sheesh...

IF say BTC hits 1000 and LTC continues to act in a 0.01 LTC to BTC manner that is 10 buck LTC

nice I caught the train..but no frigging idea when/if/how/why or if I should jump off any time soon

but it is not imho that if BTC was say 500 usd that Litecoin could not be 5-10 bucks per LTC with this 0.01 LTC or more to BTC analogy

also on a side note if they are making sidechains and apps for BTC I would assume there would be versions made for LTC as well ....it is what I'd do if I made such

but it is a lot more fun with 2500 LTC now (brief as it may be ..this is on paper I'm currently holding) at 3.05 then it was around a month ago at 1.40

So I may be confused as hell about wtf is going on ...but this is a much more fun version of confusion imho then watching the price tank

anyway my view (so far) on all this (will change on a whim and the sweet sweet unconscious trigger of panic/fear) from press fud/scandal or other that pops up as a
result of this surge in LTC price....its how such stuff seems to roll with crypto and me Smiley

Here is what i'm going to do, holding ltc a while after the halving, then i sell them to btc and save as much as btc possible for bitcoins halving. apart from these two i have also gemz which i count on a big rise in the near future, but regarding litecoin im holding and trying to accumulate more until the halving to see what happens, after that im all in btc.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:33:29 AM

sheesh...

Set some orders at different exit points. Selll say 500 now to cover some of your entry expenses and set some orders on the way up between 100-500 each.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:59:10 AM

3 to 30?
you can't expect that.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: