Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COMPLETED - Delete  (Read 439 times)
sellingaccount5 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:01:47 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 05:29:18 AM by sellingaccount5

Delete
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cointell

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:35:23 PM

I can do cash in mail.  See my thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086668
sellingaccount5 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:04:18 PM

Sorry, you are not trusted enough. All of your sales were with people who you sent first to OR used escrow.

I would gladly use escrow if you would allow it. I would record me opening the envelope on receipt for both of our safety.
rebbeca7

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:11:45 PM

Sorry, you are not trusted enough. All of your sales were with people who you sent first to OR used escrow.

I would gladly use escrow if you would allow it. I would record me opening the envelope on receipt for both of our safety.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
sellingaccount5 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:02:33 PM

If you have another way of protecting ourselves if I trade with someone not trustworthy please do share. This is the only idea I have of preventing myself from being sent $1 and then not having any way of proving to escrow I was scammed.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:07:44 PM

If you have another way of protecting ourselves if I trade with someone not trustworthy please do share. This is the only idea I have of preventing myself from being sent $1 and then not having any way of proving to escrow I was scammed.
You would have two options to use escrow for this kind of deal

1) You you send the bitcoin to the escrow, the buyer would send cash to escrow, then the escrow would send cash to you and the bitcoin to the buyer

2) You accept a traceable form of payment, for example a cashiers check, or a Walmart-2-Walmart transaction. You would fund escrow, the buyer would send the payment, and if there is a dispute then the escrow can contact the company behind W2W and confirm the funds were in fact picked up by you (or confirm what actually happened)
cointell

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:31:17 PM

Well, since you have zero positive feedback, no one is going to go first with you.

I doubt you can find an escrow who will handle $1000 in cash, but feel free to propose something.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:31:26 PM

Of course the sender then has your physical address, so I'm not sure if that's such a bright idea.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:55:27 PM

I'd be happy to escrow this if you need someone to. I would second the Walmart 2 Walmart or Moneygram type of payment too, it is quick and easy. Unless of course you don't care to record your personal information that is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: