Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Satoshi  (Read 6326 times)
cjp (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 06:01:58 PM

I found this:

http://findsatoshi.wordpress.com/

Do you think what I think?

Donate to: 1KNgGhVJx4yKupWicMenyg6SLoS68nA6S8
http://cornwarecjp.github.io/amiko-pay/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:30:50 PM

It's not him.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:31:09 PM

This project was started in 2006, before Satoshi was "the man".

Is it a car seat behind his shoulder?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 06:39:28 PM

My initial take on this is that this may be where Satoshi Nakamoto got the idea for his pseudonym. Interesting find!

~Bruno~
sadpandatech

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:44:01 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 06:55:29 PM by sadpandatech

The project maybe. But this particular man's picture is located in the following subdirectories, '/2011/04'.  Suggesting to me that this photo was uploaded more recently than 2006. ;p
edit; NM, On July 31, 2006, players were presented with the following puzzle card, entitled “Billion To One”:  wonder why they reuploaded in 2011...

Not likely to be our Satoshi but the project looks interesting none the less.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
scribe

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 06:45:20 PM

Man, memories - I was well into the whole PerplexCity game. I was amazed when someone found out where exactly in the world he's actually  standing. (It's in Kaysersberg, France).

More background on the old PXC wiki: http://perplexcitywiki.com/wiki/Billion_to_One

Good times. Still looking for him.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Luno

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:53:20 PM

Angry Sad Panda, is it a principle or what, that you question every single of my posts, or am I just being paranoid?   

http://findsatoshi.wordpress.com/the-facts/   Started 2006 ended 2008.....
sadpandatech

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 06:59:48 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 12:07:47 PM by sadpandatech

Angry Sad Panda, is it a principle or what, that you question every single of my posts, or am I just being paranoid?    

http://findsatoshi.wordpress.com/the-facts/   Started 2006 ended 2008.....

u are definitely being paranoid.
1. I've never noticed your screen name before. If I quoted something you said, it was the words not you I was focused on
2. The statement I made was not calling you out, it was an observation. All be it, one that while probably correct of a new date the photo was moved again, had no intention of descrediting you.
    "But this particular man's picture is located in the following subdirectories, '/2011/04'"
3. The internet sucks. Being that we are not having a real life convo the lag in reply time means that ordinarily easy corrections that could be made in a conversation have to wait here.

4. I love all the childrens. =)

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:04:57 PM

The research page kinda leaves us hanging; http://findsatoshi.wordpress.com/the-research/

Did they ever figure out who he was?

- GA

Luno

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:09:55 PM

Well,  I like to argue myself. Sorry for derailing the tread. It has just happend a few times now and I've only been around since recently.

Greetings to you Panda
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:36:23 PM

The project maybe. But this particular man's picture is located in the following subdirectories, '/2011/04'.  

Article from 2007. Contains the picture already: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2007/jan/23/findsatoshi
scribe

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 09:27:42 PM

Did they ever figure out who he was?

Not yet.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 01:51:48 AM

WOW! Because of this thread, I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perplex_City

Image if something like this was reintroduced, but this time incorporate Bitcoin into the mix somehow.

~Bruno~
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 02:08:36 AM

Yeah, not Satoshi.  Satoshi has red hair and a big handlebar moustache.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:30:41 AM

Yeah, not Satoshi.  Satoshi has red hair and a big handlebar moustache.

So he's Ronald McDonald? You heard it from Gavin folks. LOL

[edit] It's makeup paint but it looks a lot like a handlebar mustache. Get on it Bruno!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 05:02:34 AM

Yeah, not Satoshi.  Satoshi has red hair and a big handlebar moustache.

So he's Ronald McDonald? You heard it from Gavin folks. LOL

[edit] It's makeup paint but it looks a lot like a handlebar mustache. Get on it Bruno!

Those were the only 2 clues I was missing. Thanks to you both, I found Satoshi Nakamoto.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 05:15:58 AM

Why would you want to out someone who wants to stay private and has done nothing wrong?

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 05:28:08 AM

Why would you want to out someone who wants to stay private and has done nothing wrong?

Interesting post! So tell us, muyuu, where are you hiding him? Seriously, I never thought of it that way before. Very good point.!The only way I can answer that is that it's human nature to hunt a person that seems to have have gone into hiding. Yes, a copped-out answer, but that's the best I can give. I'm sure others brainier than I will have a better take on your question.

~Bruno~
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:09:37 AM

Interesting post! So tell us, muyuu, where are you hiding him? Seriously, I never thought of it that way before. Very good point.!The only way I can answer that is that it's human nature to hunt a person that seems to have have gone into hiding. Yes, a copped-out answer, but that's the best I can give. I'm sure others brainier than I will have a better take on your question.

~Bruno~

I think it would be easier just to leave him alone, instead of trying too hard in justifying the unjustifiable  Tongue

All he's done is contributing a fine system to the public.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 10:26:13 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 10:54:23 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

~Bruno~

I think it would be easier just to leave him alone, instead of trying too hard in justifying the unjustifiable  Tongue

All he's done is contributing a fine system to the public.

We've crossed paths before, but not in a bad (I'm pretty sure), and not stating such now. Given...

I have no idea about Kronos and its operation, but Bitcoinica was run terribly. I don't know why would anyone extrapolate what happened to Bitcoinica to any other business, while still keeping the slightest degree of trust in Bitcoinica. Just doesn't make sense.

So Bitcoinica was running on a cheap cloud server, got hacked and learnt absolutely nothing from the incident. Got hacked again, while in another cheap cloud server (in Rackspace, who also offers several more secure options including one aimed at financial security standards - yet they opted to be cheap again despite the massive running profits) and you somehow still give them more credibility than you'd give to a new service that, for starters, had a beta testing period. Which Bitcoinica didn't. Bitcoinica was running, apparently, less than 1 week after ZhouTong laid the first line of code. To top it off, they made significant changes to their core business structure in complete secrecy, and when asked about particular details they repeatedly lied. It simply doesn't get much worse or unprofessional than this.

As with any other "financial" bitcoin operation, not running under any regulations and not liable, obviously I'd put any amount of BTC in Kronos at my own risk. If you're not ready to lose them, don't put them there. This should apply to any business not offering you any sort of legal guarantee over your funds.

...,I must admit, I like you. Upon reading several of your posts, another thing I need to give you is that I've yet to encounter any grammatical faux pas in your pennings. Only a handful of posters on this board can lay claim to such an admirable feat, if you get my driftwood.

~Bruno~
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: