Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 10:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone aware me on this Bitshares 2.0? Holders = losing money?  (Read 730 times)
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:45:39 PM

Can someone more informed aware us on this development?  Is it true that anyone who bought Bitshares is going to be losing money from this transition?

Remember when a lot of people bought Bitshares PTS (precursor) and were screwed over during the transition to Bitshares?  Now they're pulling the same trick again?  Who is buying anything from these Larimer types?  They're scammers ever since the PTS fiasco.  More like Lieimers.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:11:26 AM

Not sure if serious? BTS 2.0 will be sharedropped 1:1 on current BTS holders. Nothing changes allocation-wise.

?
StanLarimer

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:31:49 AM

Correct.  This is just an upgrade to industrial strength technology and a growing list of new partners.

Naturally, I can't give you financial advice but do your due diligence.  I believe it has huge momentum, a strong community, a rapidly growing ecosystem, and a bright future.

You can get all your questions answered from the community at bitsharestalk.org where the mood has grown dramatically positive in the past two weeks.  More announcements are coming all summer long, so pay attention.  Technical data and background information is available at bitshares.org.

Stan Larimer, President
Cryptonomex.com
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:04:38 AM

Oh look, all three of the bit BitShares haters: DecentralizedEconomics, NewMine, and TaunSew, have all now opened FUD threads!  They just can't handle the idea of Bitshares doing well.

In a few months you three are going to look like fools, an d anyone that you convinced to not buy Bitshares will be cursing you.
Newmine

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:55:18 AM

I can't say if you will lose money from a switchover. But I can tell you, you will lose in the end. Bitshares Dev are trying to make Bitshares code proprietary and will sell the code and help the highest bidder in the future. If Bitshares needs an upgrade or a bug worked out, guess what? Bitshares will have to pay Cryptonomex (formerly known as Invictus Innovations) money to maintain and fix the network. They have repeatedly said they don't do things for free.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: