Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is pro mma not legalized yet in New York?  (Read 629 times)
Bit-Gods (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:11:44 AM

As far as what i have seen, mma is legalized in almost all the states of the US except New York, from what I have heard there are some bureaucrats preventing this to happen, i need your thoughts on this and why a combat sport which is good for one physically and mentally and will bring more means to fight  obesity and people can learn to fend off themselves in event of a mugging. Recent news is that pro mma is getting some sanctions in the New York scene but it is not fully legalized.
http://nypost.com/2015/06/17/state-senate-passes-bill-allowing-mma-in-new-york/

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:13:53 AM

I THINK that NY State has been for many years a big PRO BOXING venue cash cow

thus the limiting of MMA into taking some of the 'pie' from pro boxing

imho anyway (the fix is in as they say)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bit-Gods (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:20:26 AM

Yes that could also be a reason, no wonder many pro mma organizations are lobbying for years to get it legalized, they don't like mma to get in and take some of the money pro boxing is making, might be as well a battle of many boxing and mma organization heads fighting against each other secretly to not let the other take the share of NY .

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:06:10 AM

Yes that could also be a reason, no wonder many pro mma organizations are lobbying for years to get it legalized, they don't like mma to get in and take some of the money pro boxing is making, might be as well a battle of many boxing and mma organization heads fighting against each other secretly to not let the other take the share of NY .

should probably google this but did not mma back in the day have problems with Vegas along these lines?

sorry at work and too lazy to look it up

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:51:57 PM

That pic Jones vs Texeria was an entertaining fight, maybe in the next 6 months pro mma could be legalized in NY.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:02:54 PM

As far as what i have seen, mma is legalized in almost all the states of the US except New York, from what I have heard there are some bureaucrats preventing this to happen, i need your thoughts on this and why a combat sport which is good for one physically and mentally and will bring more means to fight  obesity and people can learn to fend off themselves in event of a mugging. Recent news is that pro mma is getting some sanctions in the New York scene but it is not fully legalized.
http://nypost.com/2015/06/17/state-senate-passes-bill-allowing-mma-in-new-york/

MMA is an excellent sport which builds self confidence and teaches discipline to an individual. I practice the art myself and it has helped me a lot, personally. The reason I feel its not completely legal in NY is because boxing has secured a very prominent position there. It might not be profitable for the Boxing industry if MMA gets a share on the market too. The world is corrupted, Nothing else haha.

UliJonHoth

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:55:09 PM

I've got to agree with those saying it is due to boxing not wanting to give up any of its pieces of the pie to MMA, there are some very old ties there in NY state which aren't ready to be undone any time soon.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:11:44 PM

Well NYC just came up with BitLicense, meanwhile they ban stuff like this. It's like they do everything backwards. They also promote Boxing way too much instead of diversifying a bit. Not even Mayweather vs Pacquiao type of fight can make boxing mainstream anymore, besides the fights of such magnitude within themselves. Most people aren't boxing fans and only watch a couple fights a year. There are a lot more MMA fans that follow all fights every year.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:38:51 PM

That pic Jones vs Texeria was an entertaining fight, maybe in the next 6 months pro mma could be legalized in NY.

I think it could take around 2 more years for the legalization to actually take place. MMA is a beautiful sport and I actually choose it over boxing regardless the royalty, history or the beauty of the sport of boxing.
However, as a rookie MMA learner, my support slides down to my good ol sport and I think its life changing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: