Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:57:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can compactflash card mine bitcoin?  (Read 1084 times)
lottery248 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:36:17 AM

idk why i did this, but yeah, i really wanna ask.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wonka

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:41:19 AM

What is that? I'm guessing no since you need expensive specialized equipment. Forget mining bitcoin as its not really profitable for newbs so just mine a alt if you really want to mine but I'd suggest leaving mining alone all together and earning bitcoins in different ways.
lottery248 (OP)
Legendary

beware of your keys.

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:44:17 AM

What is that? I'm guessing no since you need expensive specialized equipment. Forget mining bitcoin as its not really profitable for newbs so just mine a alt if you really want to mine but I'd suggest leaving mining alone all together and earning bitcoins in different ways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactFlash

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 10:21:24 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactFlash

That's only a flash card (aka memory), what would you do with that??

No you can't, you need CPU and/or specific hardware.

If I can suggest quit mine Bitcoin. Take another hobby.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
lottery248 (OP)
Legendary

beware of your keys.

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:25:31 AM

That's only a flash card (aka memory), what would you do with that??

No you can't, you need CPU and/or specific hardware.

If I can suggest quit mine Bitcoin. Take another hobby.

i am still thinking that is used to process the data.

BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:28:51 AM

A CompactFlash (CF) card is a popular memory card developed by SanDisk in 1994 that uses flash memory technology to store data on a very small card. It has no moving mechanical parts and does not need a battery to retain data. CF cards allow users to add data to a wide variety of computing devices.

source : http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/definition/CompactFlash-card

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:05:01 PM

Obviously it wouldn't be fast / profitable / etc.  But you only asked if it can.

Select CompactFlash cards (that don't use a dedicated controller but a generic uC) might be able to mine bitcoin, but I'm doubting it.  I'm not even sure if you could do it with the more capable ones SD cards.  You would certainly have a hard time addressing them, though.
For some points, see:
it turns out that every flash memory disk ships with a reasonably powerful microcontroller [...] The embedded microcontroller is typically a heavily modified 8051 or ARM CPU. In modern implementations, the microcontroller will approach 100 MHz performance levels, and also have several hardware accelerators on-die.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 02:42:00 PM

No you can't.

With difficult bitcoin which increased, even mine with CPU/GPU is useless, better to use hardware with a lot hash but your electric bills is a problem. My advice is mining altcoin or stake it.

~iki
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:03:29 PM

Even with newest ASIC, it's still difficult to get profit
built-in processor in compactflash or USB miner only give you few satoshi Sad

You better mine altcoin or try cloud mining
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:42:49 PM

No, even with no other people mining, that is not an addecuate machine to mine
SaktoWuN

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:57:12 PM

short answer: no.
BestBitcoinOdds

Activity: 152
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:58:25 AM

A CompactFlash (CF) card is a popular memory card developed by SanDisk in 1994 that uses flash memory technology to store data on a very small card. It has no moving mechanical parts and does not need a battery to retain data. CF cards allow users to add data to a wide variety of computing devices.

source : http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/definition/CompactFlash-card

Why do I see a house fire in the future from someone just attempting this to be funny?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 07:24:02 PM

You cannot. CompactFlash is for storing data, not processing data. There is a tiny little microprocessor on the card that could possibly mine, but the amount of time and effort to reprogram that chip is not worth it and furthermore, that chip is probably specifically designed to do one thing, so you could not change it to mine at all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: