Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:35:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got scammed by btcrow.com - please HELP  (Read 2496 times)
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:09:15 AM

Glad everything worked out for you.   Must have felt like you won the lottery when the BTC arrived.   Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:17:07 AM

that's what I don't like about bitcoin...

if they had kept the money, i don't think i could not have done anything about it

That is because you have not realized that bitcoin is not finished in terms of being a payment processor (still a prototype). Bitcoin is an asset ledger, not a currency.

Anyways... I am really happy you got your funds. I have read many scam stories over the years and in most cases the scammer walks away in triumph. Great to see a happy end Smiley
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 07:40:49 AM

That is because you have not realized that bitcoin is not finished in terms of being a payment processor (still a prototype).

Bitcoin is not a payment processor.

Bitcoin is an asset ledger, not a currency.

Bitcoin is an irreversible currency. Being irreversible does not mean it is not a currency. I suggest you to read https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Anyways... I am really happy you got your funds. I have read many scam stories over the years and in most cases the scammer walks away in triumph. Great to see a happy end Smiley

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:07:05 PM

Anyways...good news...i finally received the payment from btcrow...
     ...due to large bitcoin amount, blockchain requires 89 bitcoin confirmations.
89 confirmations??  They worried about a 51 thousand percent attack?  What a load of crap!

Anyways.  Glad it worked out..
What an unprofessional escrow service providers? They may keep saying never receiving the money and run away! Then you are scammed and can do nothing to them! Bitcoin's transaction's none reversal feature could be the advantage, or could be drawback in some situation! Escrow services are arising to counter this! Maybe one day govs step up this area, regulate or insure the third party escrow service, Bitcoin's adoption may be boosted quickly!

elbill

Activity: 938
Merit: 1005

frantorres_995 at socialmedia

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:08:14 PM

What an unprofessional escrow service providers? They may keep saying never receiving the money and run away! Then you are scammed and can do nothing to them! Bitcoin's transaction's none reversal feature could be the advantage, or could be drawback in some situation! Escrow services are arising to counter this! Maybe one day govs step up this area, regulate or insure the third party escrow service, Bitcoin's adoption may be boosted quickly!

I've used btcrow many times, and always correctly, the last time yesterday with 185 bitcoins in escrow and smoothly. Surely it was an exceptional failure by the stress tests.

BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 02:17:48 AM

It was an exceptional delay due to the stress tests. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

BTCrow.com

MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:45:02 PM

How to lock this thread:
Just click pn the Edit Button ....>> then at the bottom of the page click Additional Options.....>> Then select an option Lock this topic. and save it.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: