Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy 2 Bitcoins  (Read 1543 times)
iorch (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 09:47:34 PM

Hi there,

I would like to buy a couple bitcoins from someone using paypal. I'm interested in how this system works but can't find an easy way to buy.

Thanks!
iorch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 06:40:10 PM

132 views, and no replies.  Consider using something other than PayPal.  PayPal burns us, it is perceived that PayPal is prejudicial against Bitcoins as being competition, and that PayPal unfairly punishes sellers of Bitcoins with an unfair chargeback risk.  Consider making this offer using one of PayPal's competitors like Dwolla, or Chase QuickPay.

As an example... I have had a PayPal account for over ten years... should be trusted right? Yet I have coins for sale, but refuse to sell a single bitcoin with PayPal.  PayPal freezes accounts arbitrarily just to "ask questions" and Bitcoin puts us on their radar.  I feel that my account will be tarnished if PayPal is ever able to determine that I sold a bitcoin regardless of how.  Just won't do it, even for 2 BTC.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
mrsramos

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:51:47 PM

I am in the same boat. I have money in my paypal account but can't find anyone that will take paypal money for trade. I have several subscriptions via paypal for advertising on my websites. I am hoping to find friends who will do it on the low low Wink
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 06:53:51 PM

I am in the same boat. I have money in my paypal account but can't find anyone that will take paypal money for trade. I have several subscriptions via paypal for advertising on my websites. I am hoping to find friends who will do it on the low low Wink

Just sign up an account with Dwolla.  The procedure is actually pretty much the same as PayPal (e.g. confirming two small deposits to your bank account) and then you can avoid doing business with The Devil.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
kidgorgeous

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 09:52:32 PM

PM me.

1KHxCRniFNmS7ChiPqaewmokuCABk2PRQn
cointrader

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:47:14 AM

Shouldn't this post be listed in Selling as you're not offering Bitcoins to purchase something?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:02:18 AM

Shouldn't this post be listed in Selling as you're not offering Bitcoins to purchase something?
Heh, I find it funny how i keep double checking, And your right almost Everytime
People need to smarten up, And im gonna be kinda mad if a mod removes all your posts

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
iorch (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 09:10:32 AM

132 views, and no replies.  Consider using something other than PayPal.  PayPal burns us, it is perceived that PayPal is prejudicial against Bitcoins as being competition, and that PayPal unfairly punishes sellers of Bitcoins with an unfair chargeback risk.  Consider making this offer using one of PayPal's competitors like Dwolla, or Chase QuickPay.

As an example... I have had a PayPal account for over ten years... should be trusted right? Yet I have coins for sale, but refuse to sell a single bitcoin with PayPal.  PayPal freezes accounts arbitrarily just to "ask questions" and Bitcoin puts us on their radar.  I feel that my account will be tarnished if PayPal is ever able to determine that I sold a bitcoin regardless of how.  Just won't do it, even for 2 BTC.

Thank you for your advice casacius. I will make an account there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: