Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Bitcoin Payment API  (Read 1175 times)
ollierexx (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:48:21 AM

Hey guys

I'm currently in the process of building a website that will utilize bitcoin payments, however I am undecided on which payment API to use.

The options i have considered:

- blockchain: simple API, easy to implement but not very secure and has had problems in the past
- bitpay: free (no fees), extensive API but limited documentation and requires verification. Converts to AUD
- coinpayments: 0.5% fee, decent api and docs
- gocoin: converts to AUD, 1% fee, not sure about the API

Anyone have option on which is the best API?

Thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:20:41 AM

http://synala.com/

Will have you up and running with bitcoin payments in time, extremely secure, easy to use, etc.  Any questions, just let me know.
ollierexx (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:40:43 AM

Will have you up and running with bitcoin payments in time, extremely secure, easy to use, etc.  Any questions, just let me know.

Thanks, but i'm looking for something a little more secure and established .

You also can try CryptoPay or Coinbase
I don't know any places which uses CryptoPay , but i know few website which using coinbase such as Humble Bundle

I bought few things from Humble Bundle & pay through Coinbase. The payment verification is very fast

Unfortunately I can't use coinbase as they are US only. I will look into Cryptopay but it seems they are for UK/EU clients.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 04:52:13 AM

You also can try CryptoPay or Coinbase
I don't know any places which uses CryptoPay , but i know few website which using coinbase such as Humble Bundle

I bought few things from Humble Bundle & pay through Coinbase. The payment verification is very fast

Unfortunately I can't use coinbase as they are US only. I will look into Cryptopay but it seems they are for UK/EU clients.

I you don't need to send payments but just receive them and you don't want to keep the coins online on the server then I recommend you to generate addresses with an extended public key and receive payments there, then you can monitor those addresses to check for payments. The server would hold only the extended public key, not the private one. The actual wallet can be anywhere, including an offline computer. If your site uses wordpress you can easily achieve that with WooCommerce + Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce (make sure to use the Electrum option and not blockchain's API). If your site doesn't use wordpress there could be other options but most probably you'd need to develop it. I can help you on this (for an hourly rate).

Another option I can offer is to implement your own payment gateway similar to blockchain's API (with an extra layer of security) on your own bitcoin-qt running on your server. I can customize it so it keeps the coins on the server, forwards to an offline address or keeps a part and forwards the rest. Check this: https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=951497 (works with BTC or almost any other crypto-currency).

Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:14:21 AM

I'll admit, Synala in and of itself is new to the market.  However, by no means am I new to Bitcoin development, nor is this the first Bitcoin related system I've developed.

I can also virtually guarantee the security of your funds.  Even if a hacker roots your server, and manages to decrypt everything within the database, they're still not going to have access to your funds.  I've been using the same technology for two years now, and have yet to have a single satoshi stolen from me, from any of my "hot wallets".
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:46:07 AM

I heard that BlockTrail is pretty good and have a lot of capabilities , they was also giving T-Shirts for people who use their API , it could be fun i guess  Roll Eyes not sure if the promotion is still goig or not
Official thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=756279.0
Official website : https://www.blocktrail.com/

ammy009

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 07:15:44 AM

Hey guys

I'm currently in the process of building a website that will utilize bitcoin payments, however I am undecided on which payment API to use.

The options i have considered:

- blockchain: simple API, easy to implement but not very secure and has had problems in the past
- bitpay: free (no fees), extensive API but limited documentation and requires verification. Converts to AUD
- coinpayments: 0.5% fee, decent api and docs
- gocoin: converts to AUD, 1% fee, not sure about the API

Anyone have option on which is the best API?

Thanks Smiley

Bitpay is the best, but, not the number one. I am currently using it's API. it's just awesome. If it will support LTC & Doge in the near future then it'll be the number one.
coinbase is the number one  Grin

meganburke

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:24:02 AM

My vote is for BitPay. Because, BitPay is free, more versatile bitcoin payment gateway and easy to use bitcoin API.
ashish12

Activity: 353

BITCOIN

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:28:33 AM

bit pay as its easy and free to use
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:34:19 AM

i perfer to using blockchain i never using other payment before and by the way i dont like using payment that i have to upload my identity i think the purpose of bitcoin is the anonimity has lose,bitcoin is simple so please dont make it complicated  Cool
bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:56:30 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to call BitDrive (a service we built) the best, but we allow direct payment processing (pay directly to the merchant's bitcoin address) and we do not hold on to any funds. It costs a one-time fee of 1.1BTC to sign up and we provide instant payment notification functionality for payments. No verification whatsoever is required, the integration process is simple and you can pretty much get started in less than 5 minutes. We also have OOB integrations for Magento, PrestaShop, WHMCS and a few other platforms.
johnny508

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:23:12 AM

Coinsimple and gourl are two free solutions with very little middleman involvement..

I like the sound of synala.. I gotta check it out
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: