Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will become a trillionaire first: Bill Gates or Satoshi?  (Read 4265 times)
Cearea11

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:50:04 PM

Some researches said that Bill Gates will become the first trillionaire but he have to wait 25 years (2040). So probably the owner of Microsoft will be the main target of thieves Grin  Grin
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:58:29 PM

Some researches said that Bill Gates will become the first trillionaire but he have to wait 25 years (2040). So probably the owner of Microsoft will be the main target of thieves Grin  Grin

I could very well be the case because I don't see any other company dethroning the hegemony of Microsoft when it comes to Operating Systems, same as I don't see any company dethroning Apple when it comes to mobile devices.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:07:49 AM

I could very well be the case because I don't see any other company dethroning the hegemony of Microsoft when it comes to Operating Systems, same as I don't see any company dethroning Apple when it comes to mobile devices.

Myspace, Kodak, Blackberry. Once upon a time all of them looked down from the top of the tree and sneered. Fortunes change.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 07:41:33 AM

satosi nakamoto need only 1hit
if some 1 pump bitcoin to 100.00$ satosi nakamoto will be 1st trillionare  Roll Eyes

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:45:06 AM

Bill Gates' wealth is growing like a snowball. Now it is 79.3 billion USD
Satoshi, with roughly 1 million bitcoin, is worth 250 million USD. Thus, Satoshi's fortune is hundreds of times smaller than Bill Gates.

Who do you think will reach 1 trillion first and why?

Both will die before they get to that level of wealth, but the assumption is that the wealth can be passed on
So given time I guess Bitcoin will make it if the technology is still used and valued as the owner of the key continues to own those coins in perpetuity Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Vhawk23

Activity: 153
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:57:56 AM

I think Satoshi will be the first trillionaire
1 bitcoin is 300-400$ right now.
and maybe so many miners are out there mining bitcoins right now
while Bill Gates earn 100$/secs, which per-day he earns 86400$
and while satoshi... maybe he already had more than 86400$
so yup, i chose satoshi Grin
Cearea11

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:33:02 AM

In mobile devices apple is the most famous company but android by Google is the most spreaded OS and Google haven't just one CEO. In fact, if they had only one, there would be no chances for Satoshi and Gates.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:38:23 AM

I think Satoshi, if he has all those bitcoins with him.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:35:57 AM

Satoshi, with roughly 1 million bitcoin, is worth 250 million USD. Thus, Satoshi's fortune is hundreds of times smaller than Bill Gates.

Here's an excerpt from an article from April 4, 1998 (17 years ago):

Quote from: CNET
Bill Gates's net worth now stands at about $50 billion, thanks to the recent run-up in Microsoft's stock to an all-time high. That means the Microsoft chief executive's personal net worth is more than the combined market value of Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Netscape Communications.

Link: http://news.cnet.com/Gates-worth-50-billion/2100-1023_3-209852.html

According to the latest figures from Forbes (link), his net worth now stands at about $79 billion. Thing is, $50 billion back in 1998 would have been worth the equivalent of about $75 billion today so when measured in terms of purchasing power, the size of his wealth today isn't really any different from its size back in 1998.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:57:37 AM

Here's an excerpt from an article from April 4, 1998 (17 years ago):

Quote from: CNET
Bill Gates's net worth now stands at about $50 billion, thanks to the recent run-up in Microsoft's stock to an all-time high. That means the Microsoft chief executive's personal net worth is more than the combined market value of Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Netscape Communications.

Link: http://news.cnet.com/Gates-worth-50-billion/2100-1023_3-209852.html

According to the latest figures from Forbes (link), his net worth now stands at about $79 billion. Thing is, $50 billion back in 1998 would have been worth the equivalent of about $75 billion today so when measured in terms of purchasing power, the size of his wealth today isn't really any different from its size back in 1998.

basically bitcoin need to reach a level around 80k, to allow satoshi to match Gate's treasures

because 1M btc x 80000 + is 80B, not that easy to happen
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:14:50 PM

That is a very interesting assumption. I guess if bitcoin price suddenly went up 4000 times or higher overnight, which is by the way very much unlikely, it could mean that sathoshi will become the first person to become trillionaire and beat bill gates. I think if you were to ask me, I still think bill stands a better chance because his business model is more conceivable.

jehst (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:28:13 PM

That is a very interesting assumption. I guess if bitcoin price suddenly went up 4000 times or higher overnight, which is by the way very much unlikely, it could mean that sathoshi will become the first person to become trillionaire and beat bill gates. I think if you were to ask me, I still think bill stands a better chance because his business model is more conceivable.

No one said overnight.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Btree

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

bitcoin é uma árvore que vai continuar a crescer

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:56:44 AM

I guess it is more beneficial in the long run to be a bitcoin millionaire than a fiat trillionaire Wink

Bill Gates wealth did not grow that fast over the recent years right? He still has a long way to go..

How do you know that Bill Gates do not own 1,000,000 BTC ? ... it would be less than 1% of his wealth in BTC

How do you know that Bill Gates isn't Satoshi? In that case both Bill Gates and Satoshi would become trillionaires at exactly the same time and a damn sight faster than anyone would have expected.

because there is no proof of it being satoshi, and the burden of proof is on the claimant, you can't simply say satoshi is that satoshi is this, without providing proof, otherwise i can just imput that satoshi was an animal, and no one would say otherwise, anyway i don't think satoshi is bill gates they have different attitude

Think about Tax fee for transaction,

Price of bitcoin can up to 20.000$ or unlimited that why satosi will be 1st trillionare

bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:07:27 AM

I very much doubt neither will get become trillionares, but if one was to make it. Would probably be satoshi, now will he be around to enjoy and spend it..

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

siwakotisaurav

Activity: 577
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:14:13 AM

Bill Gates, why? Well, he has a company which is leading the technology and computer, which is essential for Bitcoins Cheesy
I don´t think thats the reason behind his wealth, the main reason for his wealth increasing is his careful investment in shares of other companies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: