Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin News/Price Update for Friday, June 19  (Read 516 times)
gwb3 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:35:10 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 03:59:40 PM by gwb3

Good Morning, Bitcoin! Here's your market update for Friday, June 19, 2015.

Video: http://youtu.be/Gqj4xNBHD4s

Today’s Top Stories:

Today’s Price Outlook:
In today’s analysis we cover a new channel that appears to have formed between $240 - $250 and conjecture about implications of Greece news coming out over the weekend in relation to bitcoin price volatility.

Bitcoin Market Updates are presented by Libra http://libratax.com/. Libra allows users to calculate their Bitcoin and other digital currency gains and losses automatically, on-demand, through its integrations with major wallets and exchanges.

To the moon!
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:51:57 PM

Thanks for the summery.  This is a lot of interesting news this week.  I agree to me it looks like the price will stay 245-250 for a little while, but I am no expert.

I find the p2p lending case interesting.  So I thought if there was a default it would be really hard to get the money back.  But the size of the settlement is a little puzzling to me.  Also I wonder in the future how they will price the value of bitcoins for such things, as the currency is highly volatile and any number of arguments could be made by lawyers for the price to be used.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 06:09:13 PM

The situation with Greece is actually interesting. I believe that there was a similar situation back in 2012 when the people had withdrawn roughly $900 million in a single day.

After doing further research, around €2bn of deposits have been withdrawn from the banks this week with a record  €1bn yesterday. Greece is on the brink of collapse. Just imagine if the citizens started shifting towards Bitcoin. We've already seen an increase in the price and volume in the past few days. Unless a plan gets arranged in the last second, Greece will go bankrupt. I wonder how that would affect Bitcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:16:11 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the Greece situation plays out. Some people are speculating that they may pull a Cyprus, where the government took a cut out of accounts with balances above a particular threshold.
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:29:17 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the Greece situation plays out. Some people are speculating that they may pull a Cyprus, where the government took a cut out of accounts with balances above a particular threshold.

It really angers me that we keep having these failures.  Right now it looks like Greece will cause some storms.  So a few people up to shenanigans have the power to effect my finances.  This will be another global meltdown if it happens, and so many people will get hurt, who otherwise should not be involved at all.  When are we going to start demanding better regulations from our elected leaders? 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: