Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:20:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DMV facial recognition  (Read 472 times)
birr (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:57:06 PM

Sign this petition against the use of facial recognition technology by States in driver license photographs.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/forced-into-a-facial
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:02:33 PM

I don't think there is much that can stop this freight train.  It will happen, hell it's already happening.  I would sign but I am not resident in the US
birr (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:46:01 PM

You don't even live here, but you take it on yourself to tell us it's hopeless.
You need something better to expend your energy on, what little there is of it.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 04:44:54 AM

Why would we want to sign a petition against this? What's wrong with the DMV using facial recognition? If you want to follow your cause, sell us on why!

Bit-Gods

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:08:10 AM

If the only debate you have against facial recognition is that you need to provide all your personal information, WHAT THE F is wrong with you? There are so many ways the government is already keeping a record of your existence, why would you have a sudden issue with this? Apart from all of those 'oh let me be mysterious, nobody should know who I am', there is also something called crime. If one of these peeps commit a crime, tracking them down would be easy. Also, I feel most of the people just want to debate over anything related to privacy.

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:40:12 AM

You don't even live here, but you take it on yourself to tell us it's hopeless.
You need something better to expend your energy on, what little there is of it.
try not take it personally the non resident sympathies with your situation but one thing is common in all our countries when it comes to road rules you cant change the governments mind its just they way it is, we have some whacky laws too in our country
birr (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:18:53 PM

Why would we want to sign a petition against this? What's wrong with the DMV using facial recognition? If you want to follow your cause, sell us on why!
Don't presume facial recognition data remain confined in a DMV database.  It's going to get spread around promiscuously.  Don't delude yourselves that there will be any enforceable segregation whatsoever of sensitive personal identifying information.  
Case in point:
The government uses facial recognition to track you through surveillance cameras.
One doesn't have an option of keeping his photo out of the government database.  You can't live in modern society without picture ID.  
There is not a word or so much as a whisper to be found in motor vehicle department published policies of the states in regard to segregating or protecting identifying information in the photographic form.  Your photograph is identifying information.  You would be alarmed if your social security number were made available, but no one here thinks releasing photographs poses any risk.
Once the government has the recognition file and tracks you through surveillance cameras, you turn into just another lemming.  

Yes, you're lemmings.  Big brother is watching you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: