Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:20:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions about clams  (Read 526 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 05:06:24 PM

I think i got how staking works now. When you hold clams then you will get a clam reward from staking occassionally. The amount of clams matter too. The more clams you hold the more often you get a reward.

How did this other thing work? I have read that when you held coins on a bitcoin address at a certain date then you might already own clams.

Isnt it risky to import your private bitcoin wallet keys into a clam wallet? Wouldnt that compromise the bitcoin wallets security? And were the coins at that time spread proportionally to the amount on that address too?

Would this include a security risk in regard to who owns the bitcoin addresses? Would ones bitcoin addresses be known to the clam network? I guess at least one should not do a big transaction sending all clams from all bitcoin addresses to a certain address. Then all these bitcoin addresses are known to belong to the same person.

Besides... are there more coins of that type where you only would need to check if you got some of these coins on your bitcoin wallet addresses? Sounds like one easily could find some coins and sell them on an exchange if true.

Thanks!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vanobe

Activity: 164
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:38:04 PM

..... were the coins at that time spread proportionally to the amount on that address too?

No you get about 4.6 CLAMS for each address that had a balance above dust when they took a snapshot of the blockchain. It doesn't matter how much or little was in that address provided it was over a tiny amount, you still get the same amount of CLAMS for each address you control. You can claim from Litecoin and Dogecoin addresses in addition to Bitcoin addresses. The CLAMS website explains how the distribution works.

http://clamclient.com/#/equal-distribution/!proof-of-chain

We took the BTC, LTC, and DOGE blockchains, found every address with a balance above dust, and sent each and every one of them a little over 4.6 CLAMS. It isn’t perfect, but it includes everyone.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:10:13 PM

..... were the coins at that time spread proportionally to the amount on that address too?

No you get about 4.6 CLAMS for each address that had a balance above dust when they took a snapshot of the blockchain. It doesn't matter how much or little was in that address provided it was over a tiny amount, you still get the same amount of CLAMS for each address you control. You can claim from Litecoin and Dogecoin addresses in addition to Bitcoin addresses. The CLAMS website explains how the distribution works.

http://clamclient.com/#/equal-distribution/!proof-of-chain

We took the BTC, LTC, and DOGE blockchains, found every address with a balance above dust, and sent each and every one of them a little over 4.6 CLAMS. It isn’t perfect, but it includes everyone.

4.6 clams doesnt sound so much, i wonder how many clams i would have then. Im sure i had a couple addresses funded.

So is it possible to check for clams with an electrum client? They dont have a wallet.dat which seems to be needed. And currently i use the wallet still. So it would be no good idea to send my private key to just-dice. Even so, i dont want to check thousands of addresses by hand, so an automatic and safe way would be helpful.

claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:51:48 AM

Easiest way to check I think is to type  this in the just-dice chat - /dig ADDRESS
Where ADDRESS is the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin you want to see if has clams in it. 

Once you find address's that have clams then you can move the coins to another address so there is no worry about importing the private key.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:54:17 AM

4.6 clams doesnt sound so much

The missus and I were fortunate, managed to scare up three qualifying Dogecoin addresses, got a dozen+ clams early on.

After about a year's staking, that dozen+ has grown to 97 and at Bleutrade prices: (0.00599994 * 243.7) * 97 = $141.831981666

Which is nice.

Cheers

Graham
the_reprobate

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:25:46 AM

I also have a question about clams.. what happens to the address that you used to claim the free 4.6 clams?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 11:11:37 AM

4.6 clams doesnt sound so much

The missus and I were fortunate, managed to scare up three qualifying Dogecoin addresses, got a dozen+ clams early on.

After about a year's staking, that dozen+ has grown to 97 and at Bleutrade prices: (0.00599994 * 243.7) * 97 = $141.831981666

Which is nice.

Cheers

Graham

Nice... i yesterday was curious about how many clams i have. The thing is i know i had bitcoins on addresses at that time. Problem is, i had electrum wallets at that time. I only had the chance to manually check each address, that sent out money from my wallet starting from may 2104, at clamsight.com. What a work with so many addresses. At the end i found 6 addresses in one wallet and 10 in another. Not bad i guess. I invested them in jd now.

Im only not sure if giving out the private key to one address can risk the other private keys in the same wallet.

By the way... there you have the reason why you should never delete a wallet.

I also have a question about clams.. what happens to the address that you used to claim the free 4.6 clams?

Nothing. You potentially could still use it though thats not wise because you gave your private key away. The address is empty when you claimed it.

Clams really look interesting. At jd one could earn from the rising clam price, from gamblers and from staking. Nice. Smiley

Are there other similar coins? Maybe a couple hundred of these coins are there and im rich already. Cheesy

Oh, i found that some change addresses, from persons that sent me money, still contain clams. Guess ill write them a pm, maybe they are happy and find alot more. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: