Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do to the society if you are a billionaire?  (Read 2143 times)
evenlydistributingfuture

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:24:53 AM

I'd pick several issues---low-income folks in need of legal services, decline in formation of new small businesses, need to rethink and retool education for a new 'Conceptual Age' in developed countries, et cetera--and solve them. I'd pick solvable problems, and then find solution(s). 

I think the best return on investment a billionaire can get from their philanthropy for people to almost forget that the problem solved was ever something people struggled with. Examples could diseases that have been taken care of, at least for the most part.
the_reprobate

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:51:52 AM

If i were a billionaire, I would put up a lot of company until i secure my life to gain lots of money without breaking sweat after successfully accomplished that, I raise my employees wages to fully compensate them for their hard work.

Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:39:08 AM

I would reduce the deforestation and help people get more practical education especially in poor and violent areas where kids are forced to take jobs because they don't get proper education, practical education in the sense making them learn about Cryptcurrency and Bitcoins, getting them hands-on internship etc, I think education for knowledge to earn money is way out of poverty which is one of the black-mark in our society, would love to get your opinions and thoughts on how you would impact the world when you are a billionaire.

I have some knowledge and training in biochemistry so I'd probably open my own lab and conduct scientific experiments. Having a billion dollars or even a few million dollars would free me from having to submit grant proposals and relieve me of any teaching responsibilities that usually come with becoming a researcher at a college or university.

If anything good comes out of my research, I'd probably put it into the public domain just like the way Jonas Salk did with his polio vaccine.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:05:52 PM

I would invest about half my money into research and fund genius entrepreneurs which would provide me more profit. I would also have plans to recreate or preserve nature. Expand civilisation onto space and create new markets. Monetised future baby.   

Hey, that's a beautiful idea. Genius entrepreneurs are an important asset to our society. Preserving nature is a wise idea but recreating seems to unrealistic. I really appreciate your thoughts though, you seem like a man who deserves to have billion dollars.

Why does recreation of the nature seem unrealistic? You have billions of dollars, man. Spend shit load of money on the project and there wil come break through point. Come on, all amazing ideas seemed unrealistic. Thats what made them as beauitful as they have developed to be.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:41:09 AM

if i was a billionaire i would keep 100 million for my family to live on
and the 900 million i spend on trying to make free energy for the planet
i could turn sea water to drinking water
i could filter the sea from pollution
i could grow any food all year around under hydroponic lights
i could stop most of the co2 levels
i could burn most off the rubbish we dump
i could power transport for free
and if all failed i can say at least i tried and go live off me 100 million i still be happy and so would my family not greedy me Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
av a nice day all
and may you live long and prosper

ps we would have to have some sort of birth cycles tho to keep the population down world would get chocker
with people
dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:47:05 AM

You have to fix the education system before you give it out to people.
Do you mean Fixing the education system means feeding the correct information ?, I agree with you also, now a days the education systems made for the personal gains, power and prides. " The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one " told by Malcolm Forbes.

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:42:18 AM

I'd get a big pile of gold coins and swan dive into it Scrooge McDuck style.
Also world peace.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:39:48 AM

Push for the reform of local government.

Support young families with interest-less mortages.

Form think-tank, that would focus on local cultural revival.
bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:12:53 AM

I'd mostly invest in local businesses that generate real income and employment, not vaporware startups.
Santoso

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:18:14 AM

I'd travel around the world. Then I'd invest it on some businesses to create job field. I also want to build an orphanage or a school for abandoned kids in my country.
Pro_Crypto_Marty

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Bitcoin promoter. Pro Crypto tee wearer. Nice guy.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 06:48:48 PM

I'd find a way to escape it (society)!

We are Pro Crypto. We make clothes that promote Bitcoin. Visit us at http://procrypto.net!
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also become an affiliate and make some money by advertising for us!
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:31:56 PM

Although a little bit old fashioned I will build libraries in order to educate people and of course there’ll be a bitcoin section.  Grin
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:18:40 AM

I would take it all in $ones, thereby defunding the whole populace so that they would have to reduce the Fed to nothing and start over with Bitcoin. Of course, they could simply print more, so a $billion wouldn't be near enough.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
apollofire

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:00:01 PM

I would have definitely helped handicap children, homeless, old people. I wish could do any of that in my life. Thanks

I am still Selling.

Email: thecableguy.livetv@gmail.com
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:54:01 AM

If I'm getting billionaire , I will build my own company to hire unemployee. Ofcourse make some investation for future ( gold , property , etc )
Donate some to charity ( to help homeless )
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:27:38 AM

I would reduce the deforestation and help people get more practical education especially in poor and violent areas where kids are forced to take jobs because they don't get proper education, practical education in the sense making them learn about Cryptcurrency and Bitcoins, getting them hands-on internship etc, I think education for knowledge to earn money is way out of poverty which is one of the black-mark in our society, would love to get your opinions and thoughts on how you would impact the world when you are a billionaire.

Look to create new cheaper ways to house people would be my idea, no reason why so many people are homeless.
Westin Landon Cox

Activity: 136

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 11:07:17 AM

I'd follow Obama's advice: Reward my friends and punish my enemies.

And I have a much longer list of enemies than friends.  Wink

hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:19:22 AM

Charities. Get celebs to sign and endorse my charity for humane causes.

I would create a fund for families who are dealing with childhood cancers.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:49:04 AM

Definitely promote and introduce means for bitcoin to be used in those countries that could really need it and slowly bring them out of hardship and wipe out some of the crazy loans that other larger countries have bestowed upon them.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:44:34 PM

I would use my power to end the global financial dictatorship.
I would spread bitcoin in underdeveloped countries, influence peoples thought against corrupt world leaders
and put an end to pooverty. Being a banker or a media giant would be less cool than it is.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: