Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I used bitinstant to send bitcoins to my wallet but they never arrived.  (Read 1915 times)
saintelmo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:54:11 PM

So I used BitInstant to send 50 dollars to my bitcoin wallet. I followed the directions and used a local major bank, ive checked on blockchain and it looks like the transaction went through but my bitcoin wallet still has a 0.00 ballance. I thought that bitINSTANT was pretty instantanious. Is there a waiting time and what would I do if the funds simply never arrive?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:09:21 PM

it looks like the transaction went through

If it is showing on the blockchain then there is nothing more for BitInstant to do.

but my bitcoin wallet still has a 0.00 ballance.

Has your client downloaded all blocks and is now current?

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ#I_was_sent_some_bitcoins_and_they_haven.27t_arrived_yet.21_Where_are_they.3F

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

MDHoldings

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:18:33 PM

Is it confirmed on the block-chain? link it

make sure you can see that same address in your wallet.
theasian09

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:27:56 PM

it looks like the transaction went through

If it is showing on the blockchain then there is nothing more for BitInstant to do.

but my bitcoin wallet still has a 0.00 ballance.

Has your client downloaded all blocks and is now current?

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ#I_was_sent_some_bitcoins_and_they_haven.27t_arrived_yet.21_Where_are_they.3F

I encountered the same thing, but in fact my client was not current.  I left the bitcoin program on when i put my computer into standby and for some reason upon starting it back up, it never tried to update in about 2 hours.  It took a restart of my bc client to get it to start updating.  Sure enough as soon as it finished my transaction showed up.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 04:52:18 PM

So I used BitInstant to send 50 dollars to my bitcoin wallet. I followed the directions and used a local major bank, ive checked on blockchain and it looks like the transaction went through but my bitcoin wallet still has a 0.00 ballance. I thought that bitINSTANT was pretty instantanious. Is there a waiting time and what would I do if the funds simply never arrive?

Hey,

Im sorry for your trouble, but this is not a BitInstant issue as you stated.

In the future, please email support@bitinstant instead of posting here, we are a reputable company as anyone can tell you.

If your client has not downloaded the whole blockchain, or you are funding a third-party wallet like SR, they take up to 2 days to credit you.

Again, we sent the funds as promised.

OP/Mod - Can you please change the title of this thread to reflect its accuracy?

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:55:11 PM

I've never had any problems with bitinstant, the first time i attempted a paypal payout it did take a few hours, but ever other transaction after that been ~1 minute or less.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 05:10:23 PM

I've never had any problems with bitinstant, the first time i attempted a paypal payout it did take a few hours, but ever other transaction after that been ~1 minute or less.

Thanks!!! Yup, first time Paypal withdrawals go thru a fraud/blacklist check, but only the first time. This internal system has helped us keep paypal withdrawals alive!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: