Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 11:31:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul: Stock Market 'Day of Reckoning' is Near  (Read 358 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:47:48 AM

Despite record highs in the market, former Rep. Ron Paul says the Fed's easy money policies have left stocks and bonds are on the verge of a massive collapse.

"I am utterly amazed at how the Federal Reserve can play havoc with the market," Paul said on CNBC's "Futures Now" referring to Thursday's surge in stocks. The S&P 500 closed less than 1 percent off its all-time high. "I look at it as being very unstable."

In Paul's eyes, "the fallacy of economic planning" has created such a "horrendous bubble" in the bond market that it's only a matter of time before the bottom falls out. And when it does, it will lead to "stock market chaos."

As far as when the bubble will burst, the former Republican presidential candidate said, "I don't think there's any way to know what the [timeline] is, but after 35 years of a gigantic bull market in bonds, [the Fed] cannot reverse history and they cannot print money forever."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102771518
BLKBITZ

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:49:04 AM

its looks like its 08 all over again. Roll Eyes
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:08:38 AM

Yeah, a lot of people keep saying this...for nearly a year now, I keep waiting for it to happen while quietly continuing to buy into the market and watch it rise.

Honestly, I don't think the shakedown is going to come from the end of QE3, I believe that uncertainty was already priced into the market leading up to the end of the easing. The market can't continue to rise, of course, but 5-10% a year I'll take. If ppl start to act more financially responsible, like save more and spend less, we'd definitely see some pull back. The spending is what drives growth.

I guess the one element I don't know about is how increasing government debt is going to crack. That's going to be the real next-Bubble.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: