Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SJWcoin -- scrypt -- 5k / 60sec blocks -- FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE  (Read 34300 times)
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:45:49 PM

I sent a request to C-Cex to add SJW to the voting.  It's not on the list yet, but I used ctrl-F and found sjw in 2 of the bitcoin deposit addresses.
Ha! I've done the same thing about 4 times today. Soon, perhaps.

don't even waste your time with votes - votes are useless. Post on the yobit btc thread requesting the coin to be listed, get on the yobit trollbox when blacksmith or warden are around and ask. get volume on yobit and other exchanges will take notice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 11:57:29 PM

"CHECK YOURE PRIVILIGE!!!"

Check your grammar Roll Eyes
sjwcoin (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 12:53:08 AM

I really should have put a comment in the source about that, don't suppose you'd believe me now if I told you that was on purpose...  Also, the whole concept is a pretty big joke, so, yeah...

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 01:28:50 AM

I really should have put a comment in the source about that, don't suppose you'd believe me now if I told you that was on purpose...  Also, the whole concept is a pretty big joke, so, yeah...

Social justice is no joke.  It is a super serious movement doing important work.  How many genders did you discover this week shitlord?  Tumblr has added 5 more to the SJW lexicon just this week.  Ugh...I can't even.....

Okay, I'll put away my SJW costume for a moment.  Serious question, do the blocks ever halve?  I see the coin cap is set at 500 million and this is nearing 100 million mined right now.  I see no mention of halving in the ANN, and I don't know where to look for it in the code.  I know this started as a joke, but plenty of people love to laugh at SJWs.  The website looks nice.  It's a start.  Hell, even if this lives solely on bleutrade and never breaks a $10,000 market cap, it's something.  It's alive.  But if it is going to go anywhere, hitting the coin cap at block 100k with no rewards to maintain the POW network or POS implemented would not bode well.
sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 01:59:21 AM

Social justice is no joke.  It is a super serious movement doing important work.  How many genders did you discover this week shitlord?  Tumblr has added 5 more to the SJW lexicon just this week.  Ugh...I can't even.....

Okay, I'll put away my SJW costume for a moment.  Serious question, do the blocks ever halve?  I see the coin cap is set at 500 million and this is nearing 100 million mined right now.  I see no mention of halving in the ANN, and I don't know where to look for it in the code.  I know this started as a joke, but plenty of people love to laugh at SJWs.  The website looks nice.  It's a start.  Hell, even if this lives solely on bleutrade and never breaks a $10,000 market cap, it's something.  It's alive.  But if it is going to go anywhere, hitting the coin cap at block 100k with no rewards to maintain the POW network or POS implemented would not bode well.

You are absolutely right and it is something that has been weighing on my mind the last few days. No, there are no halvenings. We are this far into blocks because I jacked up the initial difficulty timespan and percentage so there was a pretty healthy instamine for a while after launch and that hurt. We are back on track now, though much further ahead than we should be.

Proof of stake...  It has been asked a few times and at first I was dead set against it because I felt, and even still do, that it encourages hoarding. That is not how I hope SJW goes. There's a reddit tipbot, an IRC tipbot (though it's broken right now, a fellow SJWcoinian is building a new one) and I'm hoping to have a twitter tipbot and Voat done by mid-late July. What I'm getting at, is I want to see this currency tipped and moving all over the place! As much as it hurts right now that the price (we're only on the one exchange!) is so low, it doesn't really bother me that much. Sure, I'd love for it to go higher, but I'd love even more to see it get used in social circumstances to make a statement that words alone are not capable of.

But, if nobody will even look at the coin then none of that will happen anyways. POS may be the way forward. What say ye, O' Peanut Gallery?

Also, you totally had me going for a minute there with the rant. Well played, good Sir!

OT: I'm currently reworking the clients based off of the current dogecoin code. It's getting close to finished and will be a mandatory upgrade (lots of grace period, no worries) but I will most certainly be waiting for this upcoming security announcement before I even consider a release.

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:34:33 AM

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f7031175031423d80f3a20ebbef3d932303f84cc15df3a1d26d96c2b96ae157a/analysis/1435717959/

4 hits, what's up with that?

McAfee    Artemis!5EDCCC7C658A    20150701
McAfee-GW-Edition    Artemis!5EDCCC7C658A    20150630
sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 02:47:04 AM

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f7031175031423d80f3a20ebbef3d932303f84cc15df3a1d26d96c2b96ae157a/analysis/1435717959/

Wow. Yeah, I don't know. All the code is up on github. I'm working on a new build based off of the dogecoin core code which should get rid of all this garbage. It's really disheartening to see. It's not evil Sad

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

You are absolutely right and it is something that has been weighing on my mind the last few days. No, there are no halvenings. We are this far into blocks because I jacked up the initial difficulty timespan and percentage so there was a pretty healthy instamine for a while after launch and that hurt. We are back on track now, though much further ahead than we should be.

Proof of stake...  It has been asked a few times and at first I was dead set against it because I felt, and even still do, that it encourages hoarding. That is not how I hope SJW goes. There's a reddit tipbot, an IRC tipbot (though it's broken right now, a fellow SJWcoinian is building a new one) and I'm hoping to have a twitter tipbot and Voat done by mid-late July. What I'm getting at, is I want to see this currency tipped and moving all over the place! As much as it hurts right now that the price (we're only on the one exchange!) is so low, it doesn't really bother me that much. Sure, I'd love for it to go higher, but I'd love even more to see it get used in social circumstances to make a statement that words alone are not capable of.

But, if nobody will even look at the coin then none of that will happen anyways. POS may be the way forward. What say ye, O' Peanut Gallery?

Also, you totally had me going for a minute there with the rant. Well played, good Sir!

OT: I'm currently reworking the clients based off of the current dogecoin code. It's getting close to finished and will be a mandatory upgrade (lots of grace period, no worries) but I will most certainly be waiting for this upcoming security announcement before I even consider a release.

Keep it simple.  Just keep going with the dogecoin code, halve the blocks every 100k blocks until it ends at a base reward of like 300 or so?  So 5000 to 2500 to 1250 to 625 to 300 forever.  It would end up with just under 940 million coins once it hits the base reward, but with 60 second blocks it would still produce 300 x 1440 = 432,000 coins a day which would keep them abundant.  Could even add in one more halving down to 150 base reward, depending on how worried you are on inflation.

It looks like adware.  I haven't anything unusual with pop-ups in my web browser though.  Relatively harmless I guess but still sucks it is in there.  I'm assuming it comes from whatever coin this was forked from or stuck in by whoever prepared the original client.  This guy doesn't strike me as the malware inserting/scammer type.
sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 03:49:22 PM

Not gonna quote because it's starting to get a little long. Halving would be much easier to implement than staking, for sure. I'll put together some numbers and post here and see what everybody thinks and we can go that route rather easily. I am a fan of the 'Dogecoin inflation' where it just kind of continues to run as well, albeit at a very small subsidy. That would give miners incentive to continue after the main subsidy has ended, where as it is now, tx fees would not be enough to keep them interested (even with basically costless auxpow properly implemented).

As far as the adware/malware stuff, I honestly don't know. The original codebase was tacocoin. If I get enough time, I'll set up a proper fork of tacocoin on github and dump the current release sjwcoin code in there so people can do diffs more easily. Then post the entire build process used for the win32 binary. The initial build environment should not have been compromised as it was the IE9-WIN7 vm from modern.ie and the toolchain constructed via instructions from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0 I have half a mind to set it up in a virgin vm, run it, and start forensicating just to see if there really is some evil going on or if they're just false positives.

Thanks for the support and engaging conversation! It means a lot that even one person is interested enough to bring in questions on the future of sjw. Smiley I'm forever idling in #sjwcoin at freenode so if anybody ever has any questions, feel free to drop in. I might not be available straight away (I do have a normal job as well) but if you hang out I'll totally get back to you.

YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 01:34:59 AM

SJWcoin [SJW] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/SJW/BTC
SJWcoin Dice: https://yobit.net/en/dice/SJW

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 01:39:42 AM

What a bunch of pussies

sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 02:29:51 AM

That is outstanding! I'm crossing exhcanges off the Roadmap for now. Thanks for the opportunity, I hope we can really do some good with the chance!

What a bunch of pussies

Yeah man, you tell 'em!

runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:02:36 PM

Pussies get fucked, just like bagholders of Spots, Balls, MMXV, 10K, and any other ponzi scheme with 1000% interest from devs who make multiple coins with pump and dump coded into the coin

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:41:44 PM

http://sjwcoin.com/     Shocked         Grin
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:47:55 PM

http://sjwcoin.com/     Shocked         Grin

NASDAQ some day
runpaint

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:18:56 PM

NASDAQ is last century technology.  Altcoin exchanges are the future.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:35:56 PM

Okay guys let's keep it on topic and don't spam the thread with extraneous remarks.  It's getting a little crowded in here and it takes a while to sift for relevant informations.  Maybe somebody could start an auxiliary thread for the overflow conversation.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 07:18:23 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 12:43:06 AM by sjwcoin

Updated Payout Schedule.

Halves every 50,000 Blocks
5K->2.5K->1.25K->625->312->156
156 SJW payout will run for 100K blocks
after that, barely-inflation runs til eternity @ 100 SJW / block

It will take ~7 months to hit the 'inflation' point, if that's what you even want to call it. The updated wallet is coming along nicely and is pretty close to done so I'm hoping to get that out by the end of the week, or sometime this weekend at the latest. That frees me up to work on the Voat.co and twitter tipbots which should be pretty fun.

Current wallets are fine with halving for now. I went back over main.cpp and noticed that I did NOT remove the halving line as I had intended to do. I would still suggest updating at your earliest convenience though. There is an issue with auxpow that, while not a show stopper, it is something I would like to fix. That'll be the next major change with the wallet and will be a mandatory upgrade (chainID issue with tacocoin).

I couldn't get the built-in testnet working so I made a new repo that is exactly the same as the main core version just with port numbers and datadir changes. The qt client for the 'testnet' isn't quite proper but if you're using the testnet I'd image that you're probably playing with the daemon anyhow. https://github.com/sjwocin/sjwcoin-core-testnet if you are interested.

Hope everybody (who celebrates it) had a happy 4th of July weekend!

sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 12:02:26 AM

The newest version of the wallet is complete! It was almost a total rebuild, based off of the current dogecoin release (1.8.3) who we will be matching development with as best as possible.

This version is a mandatory upgrade PRIOR TO BLOCK 50,000 (appx 2 weeks from today) as we played with the schedule just a tad to get it to land on the exact block numbers (every 50K blocks, and then 100K for the run of 156 payout blocks). This version should take care of the DoS vulnerability that was recently disclosed as well! The wallet supports paper wallets and we are now poised for an android wallet hopefully very soon.

This is a pretty big milestone for the coin. The wallet updates are available on the the main website, http://sjwcoin.com/#portfolio-section and as always, feel free to roll your own with the source from https://github.com/sjwcoin/sjwcoin-core All of the wallets published were built using gitian!

sjwcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:45:46 PM

Twitter Tipbot launched. Tweet @sjwtip register to get started

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: