Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling ad space on codinginmysleep.com  (Read 1328 times)
enmaku (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:17:13 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 10:33:07 PM by enmaku

I've resisted advertising on my blog for long enough and I've always said if I ever broke 50,000 hits in a 30 day span I'd reconsider. My dashboard widget says 50,045 pageviews for the last 30 days right now so I suppose it's time.

I'm initially offering two 125x125 ad slots via Operation Fabulous:

Slot 1 (top)
Slot 2

Both slots are located near the top center of the page - prime real estate.

These are brand new listings so opfab doesn't have any stats for my site left but I'll gladly give potential advertisers whatever information they need beyond the pageview count listed above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:30:56 PM

I'm also open to partnership deals - ad space purchased by the week or month which will appear above the OF ads. Also, since I can control the HTML, filenames and path for those ads there's a much smaller chance they'll get caught by ad blocking extensions - I can react to ad blocking much faster than OF since I only have to worry about your ads and not every ad currently live on every site.

Since I have the opportunity to negotiate with advertisers directly on these I'd like to have partners that I actually believe in, products and services that I use, etc. If you're interested in such a deal, send me a PM.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:00:59 PM

Try placing CoinURL banners. We always have ads to show in your slots.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:23:56 PM

Try placing CoinURL banners. We always have ads to show in your slots.

Do you offer 125x125 ad boxes? Because I don't want to put a big horizontal banner above my content.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:32:36 PM

I've replaced two of the OF ad boxes with coinurl boxes as a test, we'll see who wins Wink
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:36:03 PM

Do you offer 125x125 ad boxes?
Yes, we do.

I've replaced two of the OF ad boxes with coinurl boxes as a test, we'll see who wins Wink
I think you should keep both banners. Exclusive advertising (like OF) can bring you more earnings if you are lucky enough to find advertisers, but network-based advertising guarantees that you will always have ads in the slots.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:47:39 PM

I think you should keep both banners. Exclusive advertising (like OF) can bring you more earnings if you are lucky enough to find advertisers, but network-based advertising guarantees that you will always have ads in the slots.

Probably a fair plan. We'll see how both networks do  Grin
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:04:09 PM

Bump.

Seriously, no interest? CoinURL has delivered 2,000 impressions in the last 24 hours and there's no brand that wants building getting in on it on the OF side of the fence?

Maybe I've just got to wait for OF to populate stats for my site - speaking of which, holy crap it takes a long time for OF to generate site stats...
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 09:14:28 PM

Bump.

52,615 pageviews in the last 30 days.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:14:49 PM

Bump, 54,143 page views in the last 30 days.

I'd really hate to go to an ad network that isn't Bitcoin-related. Sad
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:17:42 PM

Odd... I'll get something up on op fab soon, I just assumed someone would jump in there quickly, so didn't bother to put an ad up myself..!

I need to make a new one the proper size though.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:19:49 PM

Odd... I'll get something up on op fab soon, I just assumed someone would jump in there quickly, so didn't bother to put an ad up myself..!

I need to make a new one the proper size though.

Yeah, it's kind of strange. I noticed that on their listings my site doesn't seem to appear at all, so I'm guessing that's why no one is bidding. I PM'd edd about it, but it's been an... odd... experience with op fab so far. I really hope my case is one of those strange unique things that only ever happen to me Tongue

In any case, thanks, you're awesome!
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:24:11 PM

Your minimum bid is too high for me, sorry.  Not that it's not worth it, but that I don't have the coin to spend on it.  If I were you, I'd drop it down to 0.01, then let the market figure out the right price.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:11:15 PM

Your minimum bid is too high for me, sorry.  Not that it's not worth it, but that I don't have the coin to spend on it.  If I were you, I'd drop it down to 0.01, then let the market figure out the right price.

Fair enough, I'm lowering the bid now. Better to have something there than the default op fab ads. I wish I could say I had faith in the market finding the price, but since I'm apparently not in op fab's listings, I don't know how the market is expected to find me Sad
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:21:46 PM

Your minimum bid is too high for me, sorry.  Not that it's not worth it, but that I don't have the coin to spend on it.  If I were you, I'd drop it down to 0.01, then let the market figure out the right price.

Fair enough, I'm lowering the bid now. Better to have something there than the default op fab ads. I wish I could say I had faith in the market finding the price, but since I'm apparently not in op fab's listings, I don't know how the market is expected to find me Sad
You're in the listings!  At least on the "old style" listings, which is what I use to find sites to advertise on.

I'll say this much:  The op-fab ad on my gaming community website (with around 1,500 daily pageviews) pays about $0.70/day at the bottom rate, vs maybe $0.10/day for the USD equivalent on the same site.  At peak, the op-fab ad has generated $12/day, and I had a 3-week run with > $5/day too.  So, keep it up for a while, it'll start generating some nice revenue soon.  Especially since it's a BTC-oriented website, much more of a related target audience than my gaming community website!

EDIT:  My attempt at creating an advertisement worthy of being shown using paint utterly failed.  I'll have to wait until I get home to put an ad up.  Wink
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:26:36 PM

The op-fab ad on my gaming community website (with around 1,500 daily pageviews) pays about $0.70/day at the bottom rate, vs maybe $0.10/day for the USD equivalent on the same site.  At peak, the op-fab ad has generated $12/day, and I had a 3-week run with > $5/day too.  So, keep it up for a while, it'll start generating some nice revenue soon.  Especially since it's a BTC-oriented website, much more of a related target audience than my gaming community website!

Those are some pretty decent stats, is that per slot or total? If you don't mind my asking, what's your average if $0.7 is your bottom and $12 is your peak?

I'm ok to stick it out as long as someone confirms I'm on the listings - maybe I just can't see my own sites? I'm very happy to accept BTC anywhere and everywhere I can, so ad-revenue should be a no-brainer, as long as it actually works  Wink
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:36:20 PM

The op-fab ad on my gaming community website (with around 1,500 daily pageviews) pays about $0.70/day at the bottom rate, vs maybe $0.10/day for the USD equivalent on the same site.  At peak, the op-fab ad has generated $12/day, and I had a 3-week run with > $5/day too.  So, keep it up for a while, it'll start generating some nice revenue soon.  Especially since it's a BTC-oriented website, much more of a related target audience than my gaming community website!

Those are some pretty decent stats, is that per slot or total? If you don't mind my asking, what's your average if $0.7 is your bottom and $12 is your peak?

I'm ok to stick it out as long as someone confirms I'm on the listings - maybe I just can't see my own sites? I'm very happy to accept BTC anywhere and everywhere I can, so ad-revenue should be a no-brainer, as long as it actually works  Wink
Not sure what my average is... maybe 0.1?  I'll say that most of the time, it is sitting at the 0.6 BTC rate, but those peaks from the bidding wars are very nice!  I only have one banner ad from op-fab, so it's per slot.

Look on this list:  https://www.operationfabulous.com/advertiser/index.php?e=add_bid

Your site does appear, and mine does too (to me).  You should definitely be able to see your own site.
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:14:22 PM

Not sure what my average is... maybe 0.1?  I'll say that most of the time, it is sitting at the 0.6 BTC rate, but those peaks from the bidding wars are very nice!  I only have one banner ad from op-fab, so it's per slot.

Look on this list:  https://www.operationfabulous.com/advertiser/index.php?e=add_bid

Your site does appear, and mine does too (to me).  You should definitely be able to see your own site.

Huh, it shows in the old interface but after paging through the new interface I don't see it anywhere. Weird... Maybe it just takes a while for op fab to finalize my listing or something - I am a member of that incredibly impatient generation that grew up with the internet (though, to be fair, I started with 9600 baud dialup, so I'm not as spoiled as most), so perhaps I'm the problem here. Grin

0.6 per day for ~1500 hits is about 0.4 BTC CPM which at current rates is ~$4.77 CPM - a damn good rate, very nice!
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:22:33 PM

Huh, it shows in the old interface but after paging through the new interface I don't see it anywhere. Weird... Maybe it just takes a while for op fab to finalize my listing or something - I am a member of that incredibly impatient generation that grew up with the internet (though, to be fair, I started with 9600 baud dialup, so I'm not as spoiled as most), so perhaps I'm the problem here. Grin

0.6 per day for ~1500 hits is about 0.4 BTC CPM which at current rates is ~$4.77 CPM - a damn good rate, very nice!
Sorry, I missed a 0 there!  It's currently sitting at 0.06 (or therabouts), but averaging in the peaks, I probably get 0.1 BTC.  $4.77 average CPM would be insane!  But my average is more around $1.20 CPM right now.  Which is still excellent even compared to google's adsense!
enmaku (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:25:19 PM

Sorry, I missed a 0 there!  It's currently sitting at 0.06 (or therabouts), but averaging in the peaks, I probably get 0.1 BTC.  $4.77 average CPM would be insane!  But my average is more around $1.20 CPM right now.  Which is still excellent even compared to google's adsense!

Ah, that makes more sense then. Still a good CPM though, yes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: