Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultimate Bitcoin Stress Test - Monday June 22nd - 13:00 GMT  (Read 21380 times)
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:17:47 PM

I really hope your identity gets revealed. It is clear your intent is malicious, and you deserve the full weight of the internet coming down on you.

The fact that you are hiding makes you a coward.

CoinWallet.eu
What more identification you need?
Has anyone contacted coinwallet.eu to confirm they are behind this? No legit bitcoin exchange would tamper with the bitcoin network, especially over and over again.

Regardless whoever is doing this is trying to blow the negatives way out of proportion. There is little evidence that services were disrupted, yet in their report they say almost every service was crippled without any evidence to back it up. They even claim the market was effected which is super ignorant.

This is mostly being done to make people fearful, which is essentially terrorism.

I personally don't need any evidence besides my personal experience: I tried to access blockchain.info website several times, it wouldn't show up. My transactions got frozen and confirmation times took ages.

Also, any eccentric millionaire could target an attack on BTC for the sake of it with a worse result than what we say today. Any eccentric billionaire could keep the network bloated 24/7 for as long as we wants to waste money at.. that was only something controlled. When the day of a real attack comes, there will be no one to complain.
Time to do something about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:24:12 PM

I still would love to know a bit more about ther person(s) in the background.

ahh really? why the fuck in this thread are some stupids asking for names, reasons, companies and similar bullshit? they tested network. for free. they also published results for free...and now is devs. turn to analyze and implement what is necessary.

is totally irrelevant who is behind and because it cost only 2BTC for 12 hours, some rich bored smart ass can start it right now and run it until end of his life..without single announcement or thread like this one. deal with it.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:30:54 PM

ahh really? why the fuck in this thread are some stupids asking for names, reasons, companies and similar bullshit? they tested network. for free. they also published results for free...and now is devs. turn to analyze and implement what is necessary.

is totally irrelevant who is behind and because it cost only 2BTC for 12 hours, some rich bored smart ass can start it right now and run it until end of his life..without single announcement or thread like this one. deal with it.

I understand your point of view, but is the nature of the community to always wanted to have that extra detail of who did what and when, the point here is a lot of people saw the difference of what this test showed in the result and during testing it has value for them and when you have value you want to give it a name.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:03:24 PM

There are conspiracy theories running around that this was:
(1) To cause the market to drop, and the "testers" would profit since they had millions in short positions set. (market didn't drop).
(2) That this was done by people within the pro 1MB Raising Camp of Devs/close supporters, to show stress.
(3) That this was done by people within the anti 1MB Raising Camp of Devs/close supporters pretending to be pro, but showed higher fees work.
(4) That this was done by miners who were trying to increase fees and show how 1MB Raising isn't currently needed. (they want more fees).
(5) That this was done by miners who were attempting to manipulate the fee market to rise before blocking halving (ex. new fee 0.0005 satos).
(6) That the location that this site (coinwallet.eu) is located is associated with a virtual office that is known to be used by HYIP and Scammers.
(7) That no one has heard of this wallet (coinwallet.eu) before and they used this test to build rep and get advertising.
(8.) whatever etc etc etc

So, some people are suspicious why someone would, that everyone doesn't know,
would blow through 20btc (which I'm not sure they did) to test the network. (Their servers crashed).

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, but of course, with this forum and other bitcoin related websites,
people are always fighting. This is just another one of those topics now... "Who really are these guys?"

Edit: added "s" to websites

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:59:52 AM

I guess at certain degree, the block size will stop its fast growth. That is when most of the people who are capable of use bitcoin have all involved

Given bitcoin's no central bank control thus high short term volatility, it will less likely to be used in daily commercial activities (And many countries have developed domestic third party/mobile payment system which can do real time and instant transactions with very low transaction fee, bitcoin does not have advantage in this area)

International remittance and long term anti-inflation storage is two major usage. These usage have a less customer base and less frequent transaction (You send money to another country once a month, saving once a month), so transaction capacity should be manageable for many years to come with a 32MB block size

International trading is another potential area, but due to the high cost of international transport, it might only happen at wholesale level, large transaction volume instead of frequency

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:27:51 AM

Where exactly have they published the results? They wrote that the test ultimately ended without reaching the goal due to server crashes. So show me the _useful_ results.

A lot of useful information has been published around this test, like the one from Peter Todd. But nothing that is absolutely new - otherwise the blocksize discussion wouldn't go on since a long time. And Peter Todd writes:

Not only does our fancy self-driving car refuse to let us pay for gas, but no-one will tell you how much it actually costs anyway.

If the testers would come up with suggestions how to solve the problem, I would happily cheer them - and I still would ask for some background information.

Instead, there is someone claiming to be a millionair who's exiting the Bitcoin community who all the sudden spends money for this test and shows some interest again. Then there is a wallet "company" with a virtual office without giving any information about who's behind it. Then they claim to be partnering with another wallet provider. And so on. I've seen too many scams in the Bitcoin world in the past to not ask some questions.

So if you think they are legit: Do you entrust them your coins? Have you opened a wallet with coinwallet.eu? Would you? Just as a reminder: They want you to send your coins to their hosted wallet but don't give you any information about who they are. So who is stupid at the end of the day? The one who gives them the coins or the one who asks who they are?

But of course: You can call me stupid for asking. This reminds me of system administrators who happily patch their systems for years without asking who delivers the patches....
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:13:25 PM

So ... new test this monday on 8:00AM ?  Wink
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:26:10 PM

Grin Ah, it's happening ... again.
http://statoshi.info/dashboard/db/transactions

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:31:52 PM

If this is the test it's good it's being done before stock markets open. Tomorrow will be a big day for Bitcoin.

3100 unconfirmed transactions and climbing like a rocket.

So we can take bets as to what collapses first: Their servers or the network  Wink
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:35:16 PM

correct address for unconfirmed : https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

1,5Mb requiered.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:36:28 PM

It's been 36 minutes since the last block, so actually can't say if this is a stress test based on unconfirmed transactions alone. https://blockchain.info/

https://tradeblock.com/blockchain/

Time will show, however, I doubt it.
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:39:54 PM

Not normal ... and we are sunday, too.  Kiss

poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:03:05 PM

There is a new thread today about this address that is sending numerous transactions to itself.

https://blockchain.info/address/1CD523oyvmb9QVyABc1uu9Zt9ovjPzXV7h

Could it belong to the stress testers? Is it being used to trial what their servers can handle before tomorrow, or could it be a copycat attempting his own stress test?
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:21:23 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 03:06:04 AM by Amitabh S

There is a new thread today about this address that is sending numerous transactions to itself.

Could it belong to the stress testers? Is it being used to trial what their servers can handle before tomorrow, or could it be a copycat attempting his own stress test?

Such transactions should not be allowed IMO. I tested this a while ago on litecoin and surprisingly it worked. Never gave it much thought. Hopefully some r values are reused in that test so we can break it.

Edit: Heres the litecoin test http://www.litechain.info/tx/fda9aa43c77a6dc570981339f1562f2d4ee824c1cafc513adbaf97a8ec11d6be

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:35:23 PM

Such transactions should not be allowed IMO.

yes WE NEED BITCOIN POLICE!!!1!.
That will save the world.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:42:58 PM

These transactions serve no purpose except to spam the blockchain. Can you give me ONE reason why I would send the same coins to the same address and not pay a fee. Im just taking out a dollar and putting it back in my wallet and making everyone pay for it.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:21:00 PM

These transactions serve no purpose except to spam the blockchain. Can you give me ONE reason why I would send the same coins to the same address and not pay a fee. Im just taking out a dollar and putting it back in my wallet and making everyone pay for it.

I don't know about you, but there is 0.00001 BTC being paid for every transaction in that address.
Let them waste their coins to the miners. They'll take care of it.
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:22:57 PM

i have send to kraken, actual fees is 0,00005 BTC ... to SEND (not receive a withdraw).
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:36:28 PM

There is 2mb of waiting transaction.  Undecided

That means 2 block to confirm all without taking the normal transaction.

This is huge. This is why people will soon have to raise fee.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 04:38:32 PM

I don't know about you, but there is 0.00001 BTC being paid for every transaction in that address.
Let them waste their coins to the miners. They'll take care of it.

I agree with you. If someone wants to waste their coins by paying a boat load in mining fees for their stunt to test the network then let them. Miner fees went up by 3x during the last stress test, so miners made more by doing the same amount of work, I'm sure they didn't mind.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: