Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is bitcoin better than litecoin?  (Read 11702 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:47:06 AM

A better question: why is litecoin better than monero?

isn't dash better than monero, they shares the same thing, but dash is a more suited name for a coin than monero can even dream about

monero problem is its name really nothing else

and litecoin isn't better than monero, people are more attached to it for emotional reasons...

Uhm, that is simply not true. The technology behind monero is new and based on cryptonote, including a baseline anonymity feature. For example, you can't even know who has the most coins, or create a "rich-list". Moneros blockchain is not parsable.

you know that dashcoin has the same algorithm as monero which is cryptonight, so they share the same ring signature and the same level of anonimity, but the difference is that dash ahs a vbetter name

also monero wasn't the first that utilize cryptonight, it was bytecoin...

Wow! So very wrong!

Dash uses X11. They are very proud of inventing it. And Dash doesn't use ring sigs they use the masternode system, they also invented, for their anonymity.

All cryptonote coins like monero can do anonymous transactions without the help of anyone else because of ring sigs. Dash users need the help of masternodes to mix their coins to do anonymous transactions.

no it does not use x11 see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.0

first line Algorithm: CryptoNight

if there was another dashcoin in the past that was x11, then i'm not aware of it, and probably it vanished, or perhaps they changed the algo, i don't know

what i know is that dash is using cryptonigh
zenojb

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:04:42 PM

Because Bitcoin is most accepted by merchants, as well as the most frequent transactions   Grin
eyeknock

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:07:37 PM

is so simply BTC was the first, is "stable" and everybody accept it, this dont mean that Litecoin is bad or something like that, this just mean that ppl is using BTC more than other cryptos, same as the rest of alt coins.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:22:40 PM

Bitcoin is the most well known, has the most users, gets the most promotion, but doesn't mean others are less better.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:29:57 PM

isn't dash better than monero, they shares the same thing, but dash is a more suited name for a coin than monero can even dream about

and litecoin isn't better than monero, people are more attached to it for emotional reasons...

Uhm, that is simply not true. The technology behind monero is new and based on cryptonote, including a baseline anonymity feature. For example, you can't even know who has the most coins, or create a "rich-list". Moneros blockchain is not parsable.

you know that dashcoin has the same algorithm as monero which is cryptonight, so they share the same ring signature and the same level of anonimity, but the difference is that dash ahs a vbetter name

Wow! So very wrong!

Dash uses X11. They are very proud of inventing it. And Dash doesn't use ring sigs they use the masternode system, they also invented, for their anonymity.

All cryptonote coins like monero can do anonymous transactions without the help of anyone else because of ring sigs. Dash users need the help of masternodes to mix their coins to do anonymous transactions.

if there was another dashcoin in the past that was x11, then i'm not aware of it, and probably it vanished, or perhaps they changed the algo, i don't know

I think wires are getting crossed.

Dashcoin [DSH] does use the CryptoNight algo, and was called Dashcoin from its beginning.

However, there is also Dash [DASH]. i.e XCoin -> DarkCoin -> DASH. Darkcoin rebranded to DASH, which has confused some folks. It does use the X11 algo.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:44:48 PM

Wow! So very wrong!

Sorry, I misread the coin you were comparing. I saw dashcoin and assumed dash (darkcoin) seeing as their marketcaps are close and development teams are large. You didn't misspeak, dashcoin is a cryptonote coin and therefore does use cryptonight like all the rest.
Anirban Sarkar

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:50:48 PM

Bitcoin is awesome!!!! I like it however I don't about litecoin. but I really like bitcoin
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:05:30 PM

Bitcoin is the most well known, has the most users, gets the most promotion, but doesn't mean others are less better.

Well no it depends on what you are judging the contest on.  If its just code quality then bitcoin isnt the best. If its popularity and usability then it is the clear winner.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:24:50 PM

Wow! So very wrong!

Sorry, I misread the coin you were comparing. I saw dashcoin and assumed dash (darkcoin) seeing as their marketcaps are close and development teams are large. You didn't misspeak, dashcoin is a cryptonote coin and therefore does use cryptonight like all the rest.

well no problem, it's not our fault if the altsection is a complete mess, from any point of view

and they especially said to not use the same name for different algo, which could lead to confusion, like they did for bitcoin too, at the beginning, with bitcoin scrypt

i remember that it was banned from this forum as well
Alecabel

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:00:29 PM

Well? Let's hear it.

Obviously Bitcoin is much better than litecoin.Because Bitcoin has big market and world wide acceptance. 

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM  ▬▬▬ WITHDRAW YOUR CRYPTO TO ANY BANK CARD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱                                    INSTANT CRYPTOCURRENCY & FIAT EXCHANGE ✔       |  Vote For New Coins  |  Visit our Twitter |
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:52:40 PM

More appropriate block times. Bitcoin has a 10 minute target block time verses litecoin's 2.5 minute target block time. This results in much fewer orphaned blocks which makes mining (read: securing the network) a much more predictable endeavor and profitability can be more easily predicted.

I wonder if mining empty litecoin blocks will give you a serious advantage. I mean mining empty bitcoin blocks is already done, because its faster to spread an empty block to 50% of the nodes than spreading a 1MB block through thousands of nodes via p2p.

Did someone try if there is a reasonable difference?
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:54:48 PM

Well? Let's hear it.

Obviously Bitcoin is much better than litecoin.Because Bitcoin has big market and world wide acceptance. 
A large market and acceptance doesn't mean it is better by that standard then paypal is better than Bitcoin and we all know that is just not true.

It make you wonder why bitcoin because it was the first of its class, is like pairing litecoin and feathercoin the people give its value, we could say bitcoin is a lot better organize with bigger players in the game.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:25:05 PM

Well? Let's hear it.

A large market and acceptance doesn't mean it is better by that standard then paypal is better than Bitcoin and we all know that is just not true.

It make you wonder why bitcoin because it was the first of its class, is like pairing litecoin and feathercoin the people give its value, we could say bitcoin is a lot better organize with bigger players in the game.
Sorry I am bit confused but I am going to reply to the last part. I wouldn't say Bitcoin is more organized based off all of the drama with the blocksize but it definitely does has bigger players but does that really make it better? Does having more large companies trying to profit off a coin make it the better coin?

Yes it is true. Having more companies will make it a better coin. Larger companies bitcoin is depends on each people usage, the more usage the more

coin and the bigger is the company. I guess that is a lot of question why they are using bitcoin more than other coin. If there are no special things

about this coin compared to others it wont has a bigger player
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:38:11 PM

Bitcoin has notoriety. Something all other alt coins don't have.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:14:53 PM

Well? Let's hear it.

Sorry I am bit confused but I am going to reply to the last part. I wouldn't say Bitcoin is more organized based off all of the drama with the blocksize but it definitely does has bigger players but does that really make it better? Does having more large companies trying to profit off a coin make it the better coin?

Yes it is true. Having more companies will make it a better coin. Larger companies bitcoin is depends on each people usage, the more usage the more

coin and the bigger is the company. I guess that is a lot of question why they are using bitcoin more than other coin. If there are no special things

Network effect is so damn important, people seem to not get it. The best technology isn't always the one that ends up winning, but in this case, there isn't even better technology... tell me a coin that is technologically better that companies would find worth it dumping their BTC based infrastructures and investments to jump on it.. there's none. All the geniuses of coding are in Bitcoin, or indirectly working in something related to it.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:26:15 PM

Well no it depends on what you are judging the contest on.  If its just code quality then bitcoin isnt the best. If its popularity and usability then it is the clear winner.

Yes i actually meant regarding coding quality and some features, particularly in some 2.0 startups.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:28:35 PM

Well? Let's hear it.

Network effect is so damn important, people seem to not get it. The best technology isn't always the one that ends up winning, but in this case, there isn't even better technology... tell me a coin that is technologically better that companies would find worth it dumping their BTC based infrastructures and investments to jump on it.. there's none. All the geniuses of coding are in Bitcoin, or indirectly working in something related to it.
I get what you're saying and this is true we have seen it many times in the tech world but I think people are looking at it the wrong way. This isn't a betamax vs Vcr or an Hd Dvd vs Blu ray, this is a way to transfer money without a company needing to be around to make it possible. Litecoin doesn't need a ton of stores to accept it but it will have value as people like to hold it and trade it, we only see a couple coins really get any market acceptance but Litecoin at least has some.

Yup, there are always a lot of examples to this, for example with videogames. When the Gameboy came out it was awesome, but then they announced the GameGear which smashes the Gameboy technology wise, but guess what, it was a big flop and it never got even close to the Gameboy's amazing fame or "network effect."
Same for the Saturn vs the Playstation, or the Dreamcast vs Playstation 2... network effect and a powerful brand is half of the success.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

Because this

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:31:48 PM

LTC price follows BTC but mostly for speculation reasons. Also it may have developers actively supporting it but provides nothing new or innovative against bitcoin. So between the two the choise is obvious.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:32:36 AM

Well? Let's hear it.

you can not compare bitcoin with paypal at this stage. bitcoin is at its early stages and still needs more time and acceptance while paypal was around much more time hence the bigger market.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: