Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive Program Buy in Crypto Last Week? (15 June 2015) Start of Something Big?  (Read 2086 times)
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:50:50 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 03:13:05 PM by HR

Did an across the board institutional buy program hit the cryptocurrencies last week?

We certainly saw across the board buying in the first few days of the week of June 15 and there’s absolutely no arguing the point that this involved many millions of dollars worth of buy orders.

Was it institutional, or just a(some) major investor(s)? Or, perhaps just a general change in marketplace psychology that just happened to happen all together at the same time?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114562/bitcoin-price-analysis-the-50-day-ema-is-a-brick-wall
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114583/price-alert-bitcoin-price-shoots-past-50-100-day-emas-a-trend-change

I’m inclined to think that that these charts are showing signs of “big players” and “smart money” coming into the cryptocurrencies. In my opinion, that was just too much general buying pressure for it to be anything else.

http://www.trading-analytics.info/2015/06/bitcoins-greece-bad-well-cryptocurrency.html

https://bullbearanalytics.com/2015/06/18/bitcoin-alive-undead/

IMPORTANT NOTE: Coin Market Cap’s charts are not equally percentage adjusted, meaning that a 1% move on one chart ultimately looks exactly like a 100% move on another (they might be better viewed as “stochastic” moves rather than price, but they all do clearly show major buying interest across the board early last week).

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:41:33 AM

Well, much fiat money has been withdrawn from emerging market countries because of the economical uncertainties around the world. This money is looking for new investment opportunities and some of it has probably flowed into crypto currencies. For a price increase of the last week, only a few millions of dollars are needed because the liquidy for most coins is bad. So you don't need much money to increase price of most coins by at least 50% percent.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:52:41 PM

Well, much fiat money has been withdrawn from emerging market countries because of the economical uncertainties around the world. This money is looking for new investment opportunities and some of it has probably flowed into crypto currencies. For a price increase of the last week, only a few millions of dollars are needed because the liquidy for most coins is bad. So you don't need much money to increase price of most coins by at least 50% percent.

I'd say somewhere between 20 and 40 million or so. Half in BTC and the other half proportionately invested in its "alt-cousins"?

Imagine how things could get if we really have started to see some serious fiat investing!

plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:22:57 PM

There has been a lot of old coins pumping for no reason, all the activity seems to be from China. My theory is that profit takers from the overblown Chinese stock markets are using their money to buy or pump altcoin. Volume is still low however, so it can't be many people.

Next week will be interesting, as we should see what will happen in Greece.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:00:13 PM

Definitely this week is a fiat leak week. What I don't get is the pumps happening in alts, mainly Litecoin and Dogecoin. It can't be just a fiat leak, there are pump groups playing with that and probably fooling noobs into participating on their pump and dumps. I hope that no greek puts their wealth in LTC or DOGE only because they are rising atm.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:03:17 PM

Definitely this week is a fiat leak week. What I don't get is the pumps happening in alts, mainly Litecoin and Dogecoin. It can't be just a fiat leak, there are pump groups playing with that and probably fooling noobs into participating on their pump and dumps. I hope that no greek puts their wealth in LTC or DOGE only because they are rising atm.

well one is because of the halving, and because litecoin is still considered the second bitcoin, and with all the fuss about the recent drama of bitcoin, it's easy to expect some jumping in the litecoin train instead

speaking about doge, i don't see any substantial rising, it was 70 satoshi now is 80, not a big deal yet...
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:11:57 PM

well one is because of the halving, and because litecoin is still considered the second bitcoin, and with all the fuss about the recent drama of bitcoin, it's easy to expect some jumping in the litecoin train instead

speaking about doge, i don't see any substantial rising, it was 70 satoshi now is 80, not a big deal yet...
The increase happened as a result of wide range of advertisements and exposure, I expect all the cryptocoins to rise regardless of their name and strength because it is all like a chain of reactions one rise will have effect in the other either positive or otherwise.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:50:49 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 03:12:22 PM by HR

The increase happened as a result of wide range of advertisements and exposure, I expect all the cryptocoins to rise regardless of their name and strength because it is all like a chain of reactions one rise will have effect in the other either positive or otherwise.

There were many coins that didn't participate and that did their best to just keep their heads above water . . . and a few more who had an even tougher time and couldn't do even that.

Things may be getting a bit more selective than they have been in the past. (That's the headline behind the headline I think.)

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:34:02 PM

Price rise as a result of these massive purchases is real. We don't know why or who did it, but I suspect that these are not long term investments.
Cryptocurrencies are not considered stable way to invest money among many economists. I am afraid that after some short time we will see massive dump of these assets.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:28:44 AM

In May the price of doge is just 40 satoshi, and today it climbs to 80 satoshi,100% incease dramatically.

Probably crypto will go to bull! Many investors are confident to come back and hold them for the long term!
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 06:40:56 AM

June 15th is a pay day for many people. This could just be a bump from average purchasers converting some of their paycheck to their crypto currency of choice. One way to find out would be to see if this similar activity happens following the 15th of other months in this year...can anyone put a chart like that together quickly?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:14:03 AM

In May the price of doge is just 40 satoshi, and today it climbs to 80 satoshi,100% incease dramatically.

for a fair comparison you should see what was the price before the increase, not one or two month before, otherwise one could say "in 2013 dogecoin price was 200 satoshi and now it's 80, so it is crash", which it look like a stupid argument

those random altcoin rising, could have something to do with the stagnation of bitcoin, traders want to play, if they cannot because the market is cemented, then they will move to another market, and what is the best if not altcoin?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 09:56:04 PM

can confirm the trend that reliable longterm coins like DMD Diamond https://bit.diamonds got a major boost

https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/diamond/btc/90_days

but while other lose as fast as gain DMD Diamond is a master in keep going upwards

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:16:39 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 10:41:00 AM by BitcoinNational

common sense reduction

1.  the Chinese market makers went big on the most classic coins from 2012-2013 between $300k-$3M market caps.
2.  the VTC buy in seems to be a Western big money play, MAX, FTC, Zeta likely in house buy ups.
3.  Black has achieved front runner status for stakes coins as ARCh and PAY fell.

The trend continues. 1 years ago only BTC, LTC, and Ripple seemed to be viable.
Now at least 25 coins have made 'it'.  Likely 25 more for a total of 50 will be sure things 1 year from now.

After that the new stuff will be ASSET/sidechain.  No one will attempt launching new networks. Hence ownership of the top 50 coin networks will be wealth.  Angel Investors (the big boys) are starting to enter the 'Alt' game.  

There might be room for 1000s of independant coin networks but they will never attract the investment to move beyond small hobby markets.  

I think coins like BATA, WBB, and NGL 2.0 are the last 'new' networks to be seen in POW.  Stake coins are nearing an end in the launch window also.  And once platforms like START or SWARM are working you will see an evolution in how assets are created.  The devs will consolidate into teams/projects (BLOCK, UNITY, etc) and constantly seek to improve the leading 50 coin networks.  We are already at the stage were 1 dev in not enough.  Launching any new 'coin' will require a professional team of vetted talent.

edit:  VTC was a Ryan Pumper play

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:37:09 AM

common sense reduction

1.  the Chinese market makers went big on the most classic coins from 2012-2013 between $300k-$3M market caps.
2.  the VTC buy in seems to be a Western big money play, MAX, FTC, Zeta likely in house buy ups.
3.  Black has achieved front runner status for stakes coins as ARCh and PAY fell.

The trend continues. 1 years ago only BTC, LTC, and Ripple seemed to be viable.
Now at least 25 coins have made 'it'.  Likely 25 more for a total of 50 will be sure things 1 year from now.

After that the new stuff will be ASSET/sidechain.  No one will attempt launching new networks. Hence ownership of the top 50 coin networks will be wealth.  Angel Investors (the big boys) are starting to enter the 'Alt' game.  

There might be room for 1000s of independant coin networks but they will never attract the investment to move beyond small hobby markets.  

I think coins like BATA, WBB, and NGL 2.0 are the last 'new' networks to be seen in POW.  Stake coins are nearing an end in the launch window also.  And once platforms like START or SWARM are working you will see an evolution in how assets are created.  The devs will consolidate into teams/projects (BLOCK, UNITY, etc) and constantly seek to improve the leading 50 coin networks.  We are already at the stage were 1 dev in not enough.

My common sense pretty much agrees.

It's amazing to see happen.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:06:29 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 02:35:39 PM by bit1

It is marketcap from Dic 2014 just coming  back..........................
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:40:15 PM

Very curious indeed... if one knew certian deals were going to go sour they could assume fringe investments would skyrocket.

I refuse to believe it's a pump and dump.. just WAY to much buying.. who are you going to dump it on.. the price needs to skyrocket for one to "dump"..

My bet is it was a buy up.. we will see another crash if not several more to allow for the mass accumulation of these coins then the duck tapped legs of our finacial system will be hit with a bat... they won't fail.. they will get more tape but the wealth to be made from this will be EPIC.

Martin Armstrongs waves seem to agree with shit will start in sep and get real in a couple years when we hit the bottom of the confidence model.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:17:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 04:34:38 PM by HR

Here’s a slightly longer term view of the cryptos that have rallied the most in the last month or so - 3 month charts.

There are two clear rallies that happened across the board. The fact that these short term rallies came off of lows and haven’t given much back (in the coins on this list - coins from the top 100 capitalization list that met inclusion criteria) suggests that this is not a P&D and that what we're seeing is most likely smart money coming into the cryptocurrency space, or at least into that part of the "space" that's represented by these particular coins.

That's some size money moving these 18 coins! Let's call it a rough 20 million USD on each of the main rallies (an eyeball figure spread across the 18 coins) and let's not forget the rough equivalent of 40 million that went into BTC (it did rally each time as well, but it just didn't make the filtering in order to be included on the list).

Filters used for inclusion:
  • $10,000 minimum daily trading volume
  • At least a 50% gain off of lows (the vast majority gained around 100%)
  • Not more than 1/2 the gains given back

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:21:27 PM

There has been a lot of old coins pumping for no reason, all the activity seems to be from China. My theory is that profit takers from the overblown Chinese stock markets are using their money to buy or pump altcoin. Volume is still low however, so it can't be many people.

Next week will be interesting, as we should see what will happen in Greece.

Chart from ZeroHedge showing how things are affecting BTC:

The rest of the story, complete with various charts showing a pretty nasty picture in fiat land, is here:

The important takeaway is how well BTC is responding in the face of these fiat problems, and just like it was designed to do.  Grin

Add: you're probably right about China too.

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:34:48 PM

"Like it or not, Bitcoin is an alternative to the fiat fraud money that is the backbone of the status quo."  - ZeroHedge

Fiat Faith Faltering? Bitcoin Surges 12% Post-Greferendum Announcement

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: