Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEVERMIND, SOLVED Bitcoin Wallet runtime error/stuck coins  (Read 4367 times)
almgal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:06:57 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 11:32:15 PM by almgal

So I set up bitcoin wallet on my netbook (running XP) after my employer offered it as an option. I set it running and it seemed to be doing fine with the syncing with the network, so I put in the ID# thing at my employer and have gotten two payments since then. The site said the coins wouldn't show up immediately, that I'd have to sync with the network, but once that was done, I'd be fine.

Two days later, the syncing had slowed to a trickle at about 95%, and after a reboot (which i'd done plenty of times with no problem), when bitcoin came on, as soon as it connected, it threw up a runtime error and shut down. I tried a few more times, and once got it to work, but the next time I tried to start up again, got the same error and can't seem to get it running again. Sad  

I shut down all other programs, and made sure I had enough free disk space (~3gb at moment.)

Ugh. Any advice? After the XP wallet was running for a while, I tried also downloading a wallet to my android phone, which works perfectly fine, and have since pointed my employer's thing toward that one, but I've currently got about 5.5 bitcoins pending aimed at this one on my netbook that keeps crapping out. I just need to get it running long enough to send the coins to that other wallet ... or is there a way to intercept the coins that are floating out there waiting for this thing to stop having runtime panic attacks?

Any help would be much appreciated.

ETA: This is the error:

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contac the application's support team for more information.

And then in the lower left

EXCEPTION: 22dbRunRecoveryException
DbEnv::txn_checkpoint: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal Error, run database recovery
C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe in ThreadDumpAddress()

To top it all off, from browsing, it seems that wallet.dat is the vital file to use, but can't find it.

EATA: Did some poking around, found the wallet.dat directory, deleted everything but, seems to be going fine now. Starting from the beginning, but fingers crossed I don't crap out at 95% again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:51:23 PM

EATA: Did some poking around, found the wallet.dat directory, deleted everything but, seems to be going fine now. Starting from the beginning, but fingers crossed I don't crap out at 95% again!

If you wanted to, you can speed that up by using the blockchain that has already reached block 170,000. 

Shut down your client, remove the blk000*.dat  and blkindex.dat then unzip the blockchain download.

- http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/blockchain/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:34:22 AM

If that happens again delete the addr.dat file first before deleting the blockchain.
From the error you posted it looks like it was some error on the blockchain itself. But it pays to troubleshoot the other files first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: