Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:42:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Satoshi Nakamoto be the CIA/NSA?  (Read 4199 times)
Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:27:41 PM

One thing is for sure. Bitcoin is being clamped down on. In a major way. Coinbase just recently now requires under the FinCEN deal that you provide government issued ID; in addition to all the previous "requirements" which require a "wait" period now while they "background check" the ID provided.

This shouldn't be a surprise. There's no way the governments and authorities were just going to sit back and let people launder money through bitcoins and avoid paying taxes. Regulations shouldn't be feared but be seen as a part of the natural evolution of bitcoin going mainstream.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:36:41 PM

Bitcoin, if it were to gain mainstream adoption, would be the end of the NSA/CIA/governments/wars/etc.
I like your optimism but either you are joking or you are a dreamer. Bitcoin is not the ultimate cure for humanity flaws and problems.
In fact bitcoin could be shut down quite easily, even decentralized nature of BTC could not help it when government decide to stop bitcoin revolution.
Imposing regulation which destroy bitcoin economy will be quite easy - all gov needs to do is regulate ASIC manufacturing.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:19:38 PM

Whoever made Bitcoin, or why, is completely irrelevant. Bitcoin is open source, and clearly documented, and everybody can verify that it does what it's supposed to do
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:10:56 PM

Whoever made Bitcoin, or why, is completely irrelevant. Bitcoin is open source, and clearly documented, and everybody can verify that it does what it's supposed to do
That's actually right, tho. But it's would be a pleasure to meet the creator of Bitcoin Cool

faucet used to be profitable
l1m3st0n3

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:20:16 PM

I am whatever you say I am,
If I wasn't then why would I say I am?
Nyau

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:24:16 PM

God the title of the thread caught my attention so much, is actually pretty interesting and it could make has a movie a rough coder goes against the government to create a financial revolution.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:30:27 PM

Could Satoshi Nakamoto be the CIA/NSA?

Yes, (s)he could be. Would it matter? NO, NOT AT ALL. Nobody cares if he was just a lone genius, or CIA or NSA or Spetsnaz or North Korea's Great Supreme Leader Kim Jung Un himself.

What if bitcoin miners are being used to generate rainbow tables for cracking password hashes.
Since Bitcoin is open source, we all know what is being hashed. And thus, with absolute positive 100% certainty, we know it's not password hashes.

What miners are calculating is hashes of hashes of merkle roots (=pseudorandom hashes on data that is influenced by everybody, and nobody has control over) plus an increasing random number (nonce) that is controlled by individual miners. So this has exactly nothing to do with password hashes.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
l1m3st0n3

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:35:58 PM

thanks for the explanation doc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: