Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the leading altcoins now?  (Read 1526 times)
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:43:31 AM

Litecoin has potential, learn more at litecoin.com

Also, any coin that's supported on the supernet (UNITY) is worth a look.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:12:50 AM

I have thought about this quite a bit. I have been baffled by alt coins. 99% of altcoin noise is all Pump and Dump action. The last two years have proven this time and time again.

Alt coin features themselves are simply the ammunition of the pumper. To 99% of all humanity features mean nothing, and it is the masses that will make any crytpo coin survive, NOT geeky crypto features. Which leads to my main factors for Alt-coin evaluation.

1. Hashrate stability and longevity
2. Does it have a base of holders (not users, no coin has users yet) just holders that are willing to hold as long as it takes.

I think most coins do not have either of these and never will.

Right now I own Litecoin

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:19:36 AM

I have thought about this quite a bit. I have been baffled by alt coins. 99% of altcoin noise is all Pump and Dump action. The last two years have proven this time and time again.

Alt coin features themselves are simply the ammunition of the pumper. To 99% of all humanity features mean nothing, and it is the masses that will make any crytpo coin survive, NOT geeky crypto features. Which leads to my main factors for Alt-coin evaluation.

2. Does it have a base of holders (not users, no coin has users yet) just holders that are willing to hold as long as it takes.

Right now I own Litecoin
Cannot agree with you! There are a few coins meeting the mentioned two criterias, such as bitcion, NXT, Bitshares etc

CarlesPuyol (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:46:32 AM

Right now I own Litecoin

The best way to earn from pump and dump coins is to catch the waves up and down, and do not be greedy. You dont need to wait for 100%+ profit. 20% is also very nice!
Tina1736

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:39:18 AM

I am on xmr now
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:15:49 PM

If you've spent time in the penny-stock madhouse Wink , you'd be less baffled. The pros have estimated that only three out of a thousand gold-exploration projects become real mines. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:27:43 PM

Cannot agree with you! There are a few coins meeting the mentioned two criterias, such as bitcion, NXT, Bitshares etc

I second the recommendation for Nxt. It's still humming along - churning out feature after feature - even though it's been through a severe bear market fiat-wise. When I first heard of it, in Jan-Feb of last year, I considered myself lucky to get NXT at a dime per coin. Nowadays, if you're lucky, you can get NXT for a penny each.

Granted that most of this severity is due to the Bitcoin bubble popping, but 90% is still a huge drop: it's more-or-less the same as the drop in the Dow Jones from 1929 to 1933.

Severe bear markets are a brutal Darwininan process. Do you know what type it selects for? Permabulls. When a market is hot, permabulls and scammers look a lot alike. When a cold snap of a bear market comes in, though, they act in opposite ways. Slicksters jet off; permabulls go down with the ship.

Example: gold in 2001. Due to a brutal bear market that last two decades, the only ones left saying "Buy Gold!" were the hyperinflation-is-coming permabulls. This brutal selection process, you'll see in any asset that's weathered a severe bear market - including Bitcoin, and including Nxt.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:15:09 PM

I was investing in altcoins an year ago when the leading altcoins were blackcoin and vericoin.
I would like to make a comeback, so I need some help:
What are the strongest coins now? New developments, good dev etc...
Thanks.

See my blog for 2 tips LOL

deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:29:49 PM

I second the recommendation for Nxt. It's still humming along - churning out feature after feature - even though it's been through a severe bear market fiat-wise. When I first heard of it, in Jan-Feb of last year, I considered myself lucky to get NXT at a dime per coin. Nowadays, if you're lucky, you can get NXT for a penny each.

Granted that most of this severity is due to the Bitcoin bubble popping, but 90% is still a huge drop: it's more-or-less the same as the drop in the Dow Jones from 1929 to 1933.

Severe bear markets are a brutal Darwininan process. Do you know what type it selects for? Permabulls. When a market is hot, permabulls and scammers look a lot alike. When a cold snap of a bear market comes in, though, they act in opposite ways. Slicksters jet off; permabulls go down with the ship.

Example: gold in 2001. Due to a brutal bear market that last two decades, the only ones left saying "Buy Gold!" were the hyperinflation-is-coming permabulls. This brutal selection process, you'll see in any asset that's weathered a severe bear market - including Bitcoin, and including Nxt.

NXT
and CIRC.

I agree with you about NXT. Great coin,
ellave

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:39:55 PM

NXT and XMR
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:42:10 PM

It's spelt NxT, it's an outted scam and it's doing worse than that dog shit Doge. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Eliphaz Fimk

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 08:01:09 PM

The current market price has nothing to do with a coin's success. A coin's success is defined by the popularity of the real world applications it facilitates.

FIMK (https://www.ccedk.com/fimk-btc) has both because of its partially centralized non-profit association governance. FIMK, launched in July 2014 is based on NXT and improves on it by halving the block target, bringing out guaranteed block rewards for POS coin, and implementing basic income with strong authentication. The FIMK client is platform independent with both options: thin client and full server available in the same software. It uses websockets and boasts advanced features such as encrypted messaging and Private Asset Trading that will enable anyone to trade anything, decentralized.

Never mind the plug, it's simply the most overlooked cryptocurrency ATM - probably because of its reputation as a NXT 'clone' whereas in reality it's politically a whole different story and technically quite a bit more than NXT.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:11:37 PM

The current market price has nothing to do with a coin's success. A coin's success is defined by the popularity of the real world applications it facilitates.

Tumblr acquired 75,000 users within its' first 12 days.  We have an estimate from the Federal Reserve Bank that only 100,000 (addresses =/= users) people are using Bitcoin and that is over 6+ years.  Alexa rank, Google Trends and other tracking services indicate that Bitcoin is actually dropping in popularity.  If Bitcoin was a company it would had been shut down years ago as, for something aimed at a global market, it simply isn't being adopted by anybody.

There's no cryptocurrency with real world application or adoption yet.  Even Bitcoin right now is primarily hoarded and used as a speculator investment (terrible one at that as it has lost 80% of its' value since February 2014).

What if the chances are the first real viral cryptocurrency rivals the growth of something like Tumblr?  How do you buy something on day #1-#3 before it goes to the moon by day #12?  Chances are you wouldn't be able to and would be left behind.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:22:33 AM

Tumblr? Sheep, a 'look at me' as I try to capture reality, yet distracted from what's really going on around them. Let's make sure the world knows what we're doing all the time because it makes me feel accepted. Brilliant! Mission accomplished for now. Bitcoin is not a business, it's a paradigm shift sir. to compare it to one kinda makes me wonder why you even frequent these forums. So go ahead and idolize idolatry, you'll fit right in with everyone else.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
KingJo

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:28:09 PM

Creva coin is an electronic money developed by South Korea.
Now, It is can be used like cash in 60,000 affiliates In Korea. and generated ATM for crevacoin.
crevacoin is have public confidence because
It swaped with BTC, LTC and 1.8 millions visit creva homepage and minning by about 200 nations a day, and trade in C-CEX.COM lively!

Its e-money business starts with its branch in Korea, where the Internet environment is excellent.
and soon be lunch ATM for crevacoin, and now, It trading very fast at c-cex.
All this combined makes CREVACOIN a good bet for 2015.

http://www.crevacoin.com

https://c-cex.com/?id=stat
CarlesPuyol (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:31:32 PM

Creva coin is an electronic money developed by South Korea.
Now, It is can be used like cash in 60,000 affiliates In Korea. and generated ATM for crevacoin.
crevacoin is have public confidence because
It swaped with BTC, LTC and 1.8 millions visit creva homepage and minning by about 200 nations a day, and trade in C-CEX.COM lively!

Its e-money business starts with its branch in Korea, where the Internet environment is excellent.
and soon be lunch ATM for crevacoin, and now, It trading very fast at c-cex.
All this combined makes CREVACOIN a good bet for 2015.

http://www.crevacoin.com

https://c-cex.com/?id=stat

I dont think that 2btc volume in 24 hours can be counting as "leading altcoin".
Maybe its a good bet for 2015, but it just a bet...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: