Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Corruption  (Read 2771 times)
QuantumKiwi (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 02:24:50 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 10:09:09 PM by QuantumKiwi

*Removed

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 02:28:41 AM

Here in New Zealand, police corruption is getting worse by the month.

Im a victim myself of corruption/brutality.

During a police pursuit of which, yes I initiated in my WRX... I lost control of the wrx, jumped out and ran down the highway and into some bushes.

Sounds like what is missing is your awareness of the connection between your actions and the outcome.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
NestEggNessy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:32:27 AM

During a police pursuit of which, yes I initiated in my WRX... I lost control of the wrx, jumped out and ran down the highway and into some bushes.

Sounds like what is missing is your awareness of the connection between your actions and the outcome.

+2

Send tips/spare change/payment for crazy videos over here 1FCFaPA6XESaQnJNVYYy458HLa44N3Lxth
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:32:42 AM

Ok, I don't think I care what you wrote afterwards. And good luck having any business here with a such attitude.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:50:10 AM

He's got a point though. I know a little bit about NZ, and together with Australia they are turning into mini USA-style dictatorships. Same sort of history - British Crown moves in, displaces the locals, installs puppet governments (which the Governor General, who works for the Queen, can sack at any time if things steer off course), and they spend decades shaping society in their old Feudalist image.

Their police seem to be in the business of traffic oppression and endless drug crack-downs. On the drug side of things, it doesn't matter that marijuana grows all over NZ like a pest, or that their legal system is always bursting at the seams because so many people choose to smoke it. The attitude is that the population must not be allowed self-determination and they must be controlled.

From the driving side, NZ has some of the most dangerous (and awesome) rally roads in the world, and Australia has some of the longest speed strips. And likewise, the attitude is that the population cannot be trusted, they must be constantly supervised to make sure no-one steps out of line. And you have to ask yourself: to what end? What is the point of all that supervision/control/oppression? The official excuse is always along the lines of "to save lives", "protect the innocents" and all that. Is it not understandable if some people get sick of it and rebel?

I'm sure that for the most part, the police forces of those 2 countries are "just doing their best", but the whole population really needs to reform their control-freakish attitudes and do something about their idiotic politics. Let me guess, in NZ Taniwhas are still preventing motorways from getting built? And in Australia it's still a kindergarten shit-show with the idiots Julia Gillard and Tony tight-undies Abbot?

There are some places where 150kph motorway speeds are completely normal, like Germany and the Czech Republic and maybe France. Drug liberalisation probably needs a bit of work in Europe, but there also isn't such a huge cultural disconnect between the population and law enforcement either.

I once got pushed onto the road by a victorian cop who then proceeded to book me for jaywalking...these people are scumbags.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:17:51 AM

There are some places where 150kph motorway speeds are completely normal, like Germany and the Czech Republic and maybe France. Drug liberalisation probably needs a bit of work in Europe, but there also isn't such a huge cultural disconnect between the population and law enforcement either.

It's 130kph in France and Czech Republic (and in most European countries it is the same; Poland has 140kph limit), but there are no limits on most motorways in Germany.

Signature space available for rent.
CJGoodings

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:06:47 AM

Even if he got into a pursuit like an idiot, pigs know they can do fucked up shit and that they will always  have their brothers in blue to back them up no matter what they do.

This is especially true in the states, or countries within UN's reach.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:11:45 AM

It's 130kph in France and Czech Republic (and in most European countries it is the same; Poland has 140kph limit), but there are no limits on most motorways in Germany.

Maybe the legally dictated speed limit Wink but it's treated more like a guideline. Ironically, Poland is a curious example. Even though their driving is disgusting compared to the other three, and much worse than NZ driving, you don't see their cops torturing people to teach them a lesson.

Sorry, didn't read correctly.
Yeah, 150-160 on a motorway is normal if the driving conditions are safe (this doesn't apply to Poland though Tongue)

Signature space available for rent.
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 12:00:56 PM

Sounds like what your missing is the connection between justice and due process, something we don't get when a police officer acts as judge and jury and lets the dog maul the person we are chasing - which at that point we may not have known why we are chasing them. It takes a lot of self control not to run.

To disable a dog pull the front legs outwards ripping the heart. To disable a police officer you'll need cash and connections. Real criminals wear stab jackets and carry guns.

Were you able to find out who the dog handlers superior was? Keep going at it and make them regret. You don't need to listen to us for approval. Perhaps the Police officer wants you to join one of these to jutify their job on such a quiet country:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_New_Zealand

edit: Change of heart. Police Officers should have a bit of scope to unleash a bit of beating. But it's like beating a child; you want to aim for the minimum amount i.e. batten not dog

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:39:22 PM

miln40

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:54:40 PM

What about countries outside of UN reach? Bastions of democracy like North Korea and Rwanda have better police?

My primary BTC address:
1M5oZcUzHGT3mzNeA73opLUdSPSpKL5NE3
CJGoodings

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:13:38 PM

What about countries outside of UN reach? Bastions of democracy like North Korea and Rwanda have better police?

Then at that point, they just dont care anymore and they stop trying to hide it. Here in the states politicians put their smiles on and kiss babies even though a large majority are some of the most evil bastards known to man and would rather eat that baby (some police are the same way, not evil just trained horribly, imbued with an us vs them mentality). In countries outside the UN's grasps, governments and their policing force just dont give shit anymore about saving face, so they dont need backup to help clear their name for when reporters show up because the news stories have already been written and any witnesses shot. (and the populous already knows this as the status quo, as where those in the states still believe police and political representatives are there to protect and serve)
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:02:40 PM

Ok, I don't think I care what you wrote afterwards. And good luck having any business here with a such attitude.

You can tell where these guys are from.  You say you run into the bushes, they say you are guilty for anything else uniformed gang members choose to do to you later.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 07:08:49 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2012, 07:20:49 PM by casascius

The real travesty was that evil government probably had to confiscate somebody else's property and redistribute it to a medical professional in order to save you from a problem you unnecessarily caused yourself.  Thank your lucky stars that whoever actually performed the procedure looked past your own stupidity and probably gave his reasonable best efforts to leave you in the best possible condition, when he could have just as easily cut off your leg and tell you it was infected and necessary to save your life and that that run was your last, at which point no one would still ever question whether he "did his job".

I am all for exposing police corruption and checks and balances and all, but the authority for the police to chase you down and take you by force after you put your fellow citizens in danger by "initiating" a pursuit serves a legitimate public interest and is likely supported by an overwhelming majority of the population in your area.  This was a story of the police just doing their job.  Save the corruption whistle for when the police actually violate the rights of citizens who are at least claiming to be innocent.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 07:13:01 PM

Sounds like what your missing is the connection between justice and due process, something we don't get when a police officer acts as judge and jury and lets the dog maul the person we are chasing - which at that point we may not have known why we are chasing them. It takes a lot of self control not to run.

Due process takes due time, and by "initiating a pursuit" this guy chose to allow no time for it.  So in this case, he got the alternative he asked for.  Justice literally bit him in the ass, and from the view of the dog, was probably sweet and juicy too.

QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 09:28:15 PM

Well, from the replies ive concluded that most of you have not come across a corrupt police officer and been beaten up because your just a citizen.

I have rights, just like all of you - To be arrested without harm, yet i lost half my thigh.

I would love to see you guys complaining when you get a local cop bullying you....

NestEggNessy

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:39:23 PM

Well, from the replies ive concluded that most of you have not come across a corrupt police officer and been beaten up because your just a citizen.

I have rights, just like all of you - To be arrested without harm, yet i lost half my thigh.

I would love to see you guys complaining when you get a local cop bullying you....

Whether or not police brutality is present is irrelevant to what happened to you. The fact of the matter is that even IF you were a victim of police stereotyping from the police being corrupt, running away and blatantly breaking THEIR rules right in front of THEM in such a reckless manner (running across a highway into a forest... really??) is definitely going to end up with you getting your ass sackkkkked*.

The police choose to play by the states rules or not, they're all people so some wont play by those rules and they become corrupted. Your rights would have been waived by doing what you were doing corrupt or not.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPLhDJ0PQBU

Send tips/spare change/payment for crazy videos over here 1FCFaPA6XESaQnJNVYYy458HLa44N3Lxth
QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 09:44:49 PM

Unless your in New Zealand or aussy, i dont think any of you can say anything.

However if your from america, what do you think about the police killing and bashing innocent citizens left right and centre? Look on youtube...

Wether or not i ran, - Human rights entitles me to be arrested without harm.

I made the clear example of how a native in our country can rob a house, have a knife on him - and he gets less damage than me, i lost my thigh muscle.

Obviously you all dont understand the situation.

If you want to see the situation of whats going with the police becoming " police state like ". Fly down to NZ, otherwise dont spout firth your troll crap. Dont want to hear it Smiley

QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 09:46:06 PM

Oh but of course you all know better because you sit in front of a computer all day being know it all trolls eh?

lol, go out side people and see whats been pulled over your eyes.

Your all a bunch of sheep.

NestEggNessy

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:55:00 PM

Unless your in New Zealand or aussy, i dont think any of you can say anything.

However if your from america, what do you think about the police killing and bashing innocent citizens left right and centre? Look on youtube...

Wether or not i ran, - Human rights entitles me to be arrested without harm.

I made the clear example of how a native in our country can rob a house, have a knife on him - and he gets less damage than me, i lost my thigh muscle.

Obviously you all dont understand the situation.

If you want to see the situation of whats going with the police becoming " police state like ". Fly down to NZ, otherwise dont spout firth your troll crap. Dont want to hear it Smiley

Lol ok, you remind me of when i was 13-15.

Im from the States and my parents/rest of my family are from Argentina and lived through the entire Peron/Military junta so i think i know a thing or two about police states and social corruption.

A piece of paper is not armor to your body or an absolvement of your actions.

Like I said before, police choose to be corrupt. Some places have more corrupt cops than others, and i agree with you that corruption is becoming a much more serious issue. As for videos and youtube of US cops, yea it happens a lot and yea i've witnessed it in person, but thats only because the times when they do wrong stick out way worse than the times they actually do their job.

As for police corruption in NZ, trust me on this: if it is actually happening, you didnt suffer even a fraction of how far true corruption can escalate.

I do feel terrible for your loss though and i couldnt imagine how much that would suck being an outdoors person myself. So for that sorry dude, but you gotta realize by breaking their rules right away is just an instant loss for you.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: