Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NY Prison Escapees Still On The Run: DNA Found At Campground  (Read 603 times)
Trifixion713 (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:40:09 PM

I'm surprised these two are still out there, these two have been running for over two weeks now:

Two DNA matches have abruptly shifted police focus west -- to Owls Head, New York -- as the frantic search for escaped convicted murderers Richard Matt and David Sweat continues.

Authorities are investigating whether the inmates stayed at a hunting cabin in Owls Head after positive DNA samples were confirmed from both suspects from some kind of food found at the campsite, an official briefed on the search confirmed to ABC News.

...A witness called police saying she spotted two men who fit the description of Matt and Sweat on a railroad line along Route 20 in Friendship near the Pennsylvania border Saturday at 1:16 p.m., state police Major Michael Cerretto said at a news conference.

Matt was serving 25 years to life after he was convicted of kidnapping and beating a man to death in 1997. Sweat was serving a life sentence after he was convicted of killing a Broome County sheriff's deputy in 2002.

https://gma.yahoo.com/ny-prison-escape-dna-matches-found-campground-west-145617009--abc-news-topstories.html
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:18:12 AM

So am I!

I recall listening to news reports a few days (within a week) after it happening with these "experts" saying "oh, they'll be caught within 72 hours, i'm sure of it." Such bullshit statements! The media sucks some times, they'll put anyone on TV who can say anything and pass it off as some sort of fact.

The one thing that makes following this story interesting is that no one has been hurt yet in the wake of the escape. As long as no one gets hurt I'll be entertained by their life on the run...maybe they'll end up in Zihuatanejo.

dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:35:16 AM

I'm surprised these two are still out there, these two have been running for over two weeks now:
https://gma.yahoo.com/ny-prison-escape-dna-matches-found-campground-west-145617009--abc-news-topstories.html
When I see and hear such news, I feel that, Are they criminals are watching the action packed movies inside the cell and use the tactics how to escape from prison, and how to cheat the police guards, some times criminals disguise as a soft heart people and then act as of a good person, to get the attention of police officers to help them in a humanitarian way.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:23:27 AM

It's a relief to know that they didn't harm anyone yet. An escaping prisoners tend to break into houses and take some hostages, especially to know that they're both convicted for murder Undecided
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:00:39 AM

So am I!

I recall listening to news reports a few days (within a week) after it happening with these "experts" saying "oh, they'll be caught within 72 hours, i'm sure of it." Such bullshit statements! The media sucks some times, they'll put anyone on TV who can say anything and pass it off as some sort of fact.

lol these guys are murderers, for god's sake. anyone in their right mind wouldn't say something like "oh, I don't think these guys will get caught anytime soon." on tv unless they want the people to be scared.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:41:01 PM

I thought that successful prison breaks only happen in Hollywood movies, such as the The Great Escape and The Shawshank Redemption. Anyway, I just hope that these guys will be caught before they escape towards Canada. The DNA evidence was found in a forested area, which is very close to the Canadian border.
UliJonHoth

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:06:08 PM

Reminds me of the Texas 7 but these guys haven't killed anyone - yet -  it was over a month before they were killed or caught

http://www.prisonoffenders.com/prison_texas_seven.html
tyrexs

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:06:04 AM

I wonder what kind of dna evidence these two were leaving behind
A pair of underwear/ shorts?

ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:17:19 AM

NY Police will track them easily, unless and until they shouldn't be escape with any loose authorities. According to me, U.S Police, FBI can tract any prisoner who escapes from the jail shield, so much so this era is digital, it is not much difficult to trace them.
pureelite

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

Two DNA matches have abruptly shifted police focus west -- to Owls Head, New York -- as the frantic search for escaped convicted murderers Richard Matt and David Sweat continues.

Authorities are investigating whether the inmates stayed at a hunting cabin in Owls Head after positive DNA samples were confirmed from both suspects from some kind of food found at the campsite, an official briefed on the search confirmed to ABC News.

...A witness called police saying she spotted two men who fit the description of Matt and Sweat on a railroad line along Route 20 in Friendship near the Pennsylvania border Saturday at 1:16 p.m., state police Major Michael Cerretto said at a news conference.

Matt was serving 25 years to life after he was convicted of kidnapping and beating a man to death in 1997. Sweat was serving a life sentence after he was convicted of killing a Broome County sheriff's deputy in 2002.

I'm impressed, being on the run for two whole weeks! Hopefully they'll be brought to justice soon enough, but still, their skill is remarkable, it is a rare occasion.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:55:50 AM

So finally... the drama is heading to the much anticipated climax. Richard Matt has been shot dead by the cops, in a forested area just a few kilometers from the Canadian border. According to the NYPD, David Sweat is being pursued, and right now, he is confined to a very small area. Probably he will be killed within the next few hours.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/27/prison-escapee-richard-matt-shot-and-killed-by-law-enforcement-officers-source/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: