Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: issues with biteasy.com as default block explorer  (Read 2116 times)
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:53:54 PM

I find that when I'm waiting for confirmations and I click the "browse" button on the tx, I get brought to biteasy.com.  The only issue is that 100% of the time, when I'm waiting for confirmations, biteasy says "the transaction is not in our database".  This makes me think that:

1) they simply don't show unconfirmed txs
2) it would be nice to either
  a) allow the user to choose the blockexplorer of their choice
  b) use a blockexplorer that can show unconfirmed txs

A lot of time I hit browse because I want to see that my tx has been seen by the network, using an explorer that doesn't show unconfirmed txs doesn't help with this.  Because there's no easy way to copy-paste the txid out of the app, I usually then have to copy-paste my address then go to blockchain.info or some other block explorer only to see that, ok, yes no problem, my tx has been seen it's just waiting for confirmations.

Can you address this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:31:23 AM

I recommend Blocktrail.com as default explorer. Blockchain.info is not really good and their mobile UI doesn't show transaction details correctly. Blockr.io is also good and in fact, better than Blockchain.info mobile UI.

-snip-
We also noticed during the test that of the 5 block explorers MultiBit HD provides, 3 had problems viewing our transactions. This was observed even though they were definitely out in the network and had been received in the destination wallet. These were: biteasy.com, blockchain.info and bitpay.com. The other 2 block explorers had no problems viewing our transactions. These were: blockr.io and blocktrail.com - so here's a shout out to those providers.

tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:25:18 PM

@MZ, thanks for the comment.  I'd be quite happy to see some sort of "choose the site" option for Android Wallet.  The other thing they could do which would make it easy would be to make the transaction id copyable.  Currently you can click "qr code" and see an image, but this doesn't help if you're trying to go to a browser---you can't copy-n-paste that qr code anywhere---and since this is a mobile wallet, you're already using your phone and you can't take a picture of the phone's screen using the phone.  Anyway, I'd just hope for some kind of upgrade here.  Maybe I'll see if I can do it myself and submit a pull request this weekend.
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:31:09 PM

FWIW, since a few weeks, the block explorer to use is now configurable.

Thanks for the update.  I'm using the lastest, and I've noticed this.  Thanks for the update.  I'll go ahead and close this issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: