Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be the Ronald Wayne of Bitcoin  (Read 1658 times)
neurotypical (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:27:25 PM

You are having a bad day holding you coins? Remember this: in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stock in Apple for 800$.
Now its worth $60 Billion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NncbZBEZLJM

The train hasn't even left the station yet. Once we get close to the ATH and pass it again, consolidation of Bitcoin's amazing recovery will put it clear: The sky is the limit, and that 1.2K peak will look like it's nothing in the all time graph.

Long term holders: Don't be that guy.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:37:12 PM

Yeah but he didnt have a clue that apple would be world provider of smart phones though.

I mean its safe to say anyone could of made the same mistake, and its like years and years ago lol. Which means bitcoin will be years and years ago as well?

10 years+?

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:39:22 PM

Can I be the Bruce Wayne of bitcoin?

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:40:20 PM

less if banks steal money from people (like cyprus and 6%-10% cut on bank account).
real789

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:43:46 PM

You are having a bad day holding you coins? Remember this: in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stock in Apple for 800$.

The train hasn't even left the station yet. Once we get close to the ATH and pass it again, consolidation of Bitcoin's amazing recovery will put it clear: The sky is the limit, and that 1.2K peak will look like it's nothing in the all time graph.

that make me remember about CRAVE
i buy 2btc at rate 30ksatosi after i sell my CRAVE at 50k satosi price up to 500k satosi  Cheesy

that my sad story  Cry

===Sempak===
techgeek

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:46:02 PM

I think we`ll all be bruce wayne of bitcoin and end up with a batman cave and more if we hold it like some apple stock.

In the mean time, l`d just recommend storing it and forgetting about it until one day you hear about it on cnn or something promoting with amazon saying we`ll adopt the coin lol.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:48:37 PM

the problem for most people is patience. once they see they made 10-20% profit, they would probably take profits at that moment. only very few people are able to hold their coins for longer than a year.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:56:31 PM

Bitcoin already has a dark knight, and his name is Bruce Wa.......gner

Undecided
techgeek

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:23:36 PM

the problem for most people is patience. once they see they made 10-20% profit, they would probably take profits at that moment. only very few people are able to hold their coins for longer than a year.

well yeah, I mean its more the now factor for me as well and most.

usually though for me its more of paying an extra phone bill and I`m short on cash.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:43:03 PM

My biggest regret is selling my stock in Apple and buying apples.
I thought it was hilarious at the time, but everyone has an iPhone now.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:05:03 AM

Good point. That guy missed on like 30.000% profit gains... totally insane. But who would have hold for 20+ years? It's so damn difficult. Im going to try to leave a decent amount of BTC in cold storage and never touch them, and only touch the BTC i leave outside there, and see what happens in the mega long term.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:36:22 AM

Good point. That guy missed on like 30.000% profit gains... totally insane. But who would have hold for 20+ years? It's so damn difficult. Im going to try to leave a decent amount of BTC in cold storage and never touch them, and only touch the BTC i leave outside there, and see what happens in the mega long term.

yeah, which is why most of us would probably sell our bitcoin before the 1k value.

or even before it hit 30k value or whatever future value.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:54:02 AM

I really wouldnt know, cause bruce wayne problem is rich peoples problem.

If I had 4,000 btc and didnt have a time machine Id make the same mistake as that ronald guy.

Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:55:58 AM

all things are changing with time, perhaps 20 years later, Apple's market value is back to only -$60, and people would say Ronald Wayne did well in 1976
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:16:26 AM

Isn't the much more important question "how much did he invest to get 10% of the Apple stock?"

If he bought his 10% shares for 100$, then it's a really nice RoI. Compare it with the altcoin market in the cryptocurrency world. At that time, Apple was just a very tiny company.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:57:11 AM

I didn't know about this guy, thanks for that!

It's always a fear i have, missing the boat, but I also can't invest too much in something as risky as Bitcoin, and if the price rises I will be very tempted to sell, especially at $1000+.

I had a similar but lesser problem with Quark last year, just before it was announced that Bill Still would go on the Kaiser report I sold (actually was trading).  I woke up the next day and the price had more than tripled.  Cost me thousands, I could have cried, but I didn't know what I didn't know!  I could have bought back in, but then I would have lost again, as the was the all time high price!  Life isn't easy!
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:10:06 AM

For every Ronald Wayne, there are thousands of people who held onto stocks that have gone bust. You all should take note that you are running a much higher chance of holding onto worthless coins than bitcoin going to the moon.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:17:30 AM

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:49:30 AM

The comparison would be valid for those who bought BTC below 1$ and sold for ~10$. Try another comparison:

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:33:33 PM

For every Ronald Wayne, there are thousands of people who held onto stocks that have gone bust. You all should take note that you are running a much higher chance of holding onto worthless coins than bitcoin going to the moon.

Everyone here has understood what OP meant, spare the occasional retard known for his fudsters post that got the history backwards.
Only the 1% of people that bought cheap ass Apple stocks are still holding them becoming billionaires.
Tons of other stocks have never gone down in time. All of the best Warren Buffet picks he bought decades ago and still hasn't sold (too bad he lacks the long term vision for bitcoin or anything technological).
Not buying BTC now and holding for 2 decades is a guaranteed future suicide due too much regret, specially being an active member here.

The comparison would be valid for those who bought BTC below 1$ and sold for ~10$. Try another comparison:

Nope. Sure, you'll not become a billonaire unless you bought at the super early stages, but anyone can become a millionaire one buys now. The interim marketcap for BTC in the future is in the trillions, as it will change all electronic payments combined. This makes anyone holding 10 coins-ish inevitably a millionaire.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: