Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 04:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nike's former CIO is now the new CEO of Bitreserve  (Read 597 times)
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:27:34 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 01:04:59 AM by subSTRATA

https://fortune.com/2015/06/22/anthony-watson-nike-bitcoin-bitreserve-ceo/

"The value of bitcoin isn’t the currency, but the technology. I can’t see many major governments around the world saying, ‘We’re going to move to bitcoin as currency,’ but I suspect that the world will embrace the uses of the blockchain.” -Anthony Watson

Looks like Bitreserve might have a good future ahead.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:40:10 PM

another example of big company involvement the tech is there, speculators are on the wrong side of this
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:46:19 AM

Edit the title, it's former CIO, not CEO.

It think former large corp executives going into bitcoin will help bitcoin companies gain legitimacy. Clients will take these companies more seriously. We started seeing that when The Bitcoin Foundation had executives from banking sector on the board.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:53:42 AM

Edit the title, it's former CIO, not CEO.

It think former large corp executives going into bitcoin will help bitcoin companies gain legitimacy. Clients will take these companies more seriously. We started seeing that when The Bitcoin Foundation had executives from banking sector on the board.

should read "former nike employee", in other words, not really big news.
Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:57:02 AM

lol, nike cio, manufacturing workers have rushed to the scientific and technological circle  Cheesy Bitcoin charm really great!
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:10:01 AM

I read this news long before! cannot understand why you bring this out again! I know this will give a good image to bitcoin and expose Bitreserve publicly.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:40:29 AM

The mainstream meme is that the blockchain is great and ok to like BUT the Bitcoin currency is BAD BAD BAD AND FOR DRUGS!!!!

A bit like saying roads are great but cars should be banned. Bitcoin WAS created as a currency. The brilliance of Bitcoin is the blockchain but it was built to serve the Currency.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:03:51 AM

The mainstream meme is that the blockchain is great and ok to like BUT the Bitcoin currency is BAD BAD BAD AND FOR DRUGS!!!!

A bit like saying roads are great but cars should be banned. Bitcoin WAS created as a currency. The brilliance of Bitcoin is the blockchain but it was built to serve the Currency.
How did you get this conclusion "bitcoin is bad"? Bitcoin is still the leading cryptocoins and accepted by most ppl. Bitcoin and blockchain is perfect combination. Bitcoin leads the innovative movement in cryptoworld.

Just have some comments about the upper user's topic. Sorry to leave away the topic of this thread.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:06:33 AM

NEAT!  It is sort of funny to me that an execitive of a company that makes all it's profits from slave labor to get into a business where it's currency is mined in some of the same places.  Cheesy

dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:11:40 AM

"The value of bitcoin isn’t the currency, but the technology. I can’t see many major governments around the world saying, ‘We’re going to move to bitcoin as currency,’ but I suspect that the world will embrace the uses of the blockchain.” -Anthony Watson
What he said it true, The blockchain contains the record of every bitcoin transactions that is occured since the system began and it's shared maintained in the network. Bitcoin is peer to peer system, it has a legitimate transparency, most of the business giant wouldn't accept that process to avoid to hide their financial flow which comes in other way.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:43:34 AM

So all this bitcoin companies are aiming to become the new big corporations of the bitcoin era, is not bad to have that is just turns bitcoin something different then what the people want.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:55:31 AM

they will say that, just to avoid declaring that they need bitcoin in the end, but they will actually use it for they purpose when they will join the blockchain technology, because its network is simply more secure

and it does not make sense for them to create another big network(centralized) only for that
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:36:44 PM

What he said it true, The blockchain contains the record of every bitcoin transactions that is occured since the system began and it's shared maintained in the network. Bitcoin is peer to peer system, it has a legitimate transparency, most of the business giant wouldn't accept that process to avoid to hide their financial flow which comes in other way.

If you are using the blockchain you are indirectly using Bitcoin. There's no blockchain without Bitcoin, there's no Bitcoin without blockchain. It's pretty simple to understand but some keep not getting the point for some reason. If you remove the native currency *the blockchain doesnt work*.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: