Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Mining Rig Is a Piece of Crap ( Please reed this thanks )  (Read 1469 times)
tmmapp (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:12:32 AM

I bot a GridSeed GC3355, the guy before me over clocked it. When i got it was mining good for over a month, and then it quit, but the fan runs. the guy took a pencil to R52. Is there any fixing it or did i buy a $25 piece of crap.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/gridseed-overclock/page/2/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:22:50 AM

when it quit the only led that work is the red one right?

i had those gridseed in the past and they were a bit a pain in the ass, because sometime they randomly stopped workin g for no reason and you need to remove all cable and reconnect everything for hoping for their restart
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:34:40 PM

You might have to add more lead to put the voltage in the operating range.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

Pencils do not contain lead, they use graphite.
tmmapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:41:17 AM

i had those gridseed in the past and they were a bit a pain in the ass, because sometime they randomly stopped workin g for no reason and you need to remove all cable and reconnect everything for hoping for their restart

No LEDs work and the pc does not see it. I seen it was a reset button on the board and I pressed it for about 15 seconds and it still don't work. Did it burn up?

Thanks for replying!
tmmapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:51:16 AM

You might have to add more lead to put the voltage in thge operating range.

Wouldn't adding more graphite increase the voltage too high and would burn it up?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:11:25 AM

No LEDs work and the pc does not see it. I seen it was a reset button on the board and I pressed it for about 15 seconds and it still don't work. Did it burn up?

Thanks for replying!

this is strange, if both leds are working it should hash regularly

resetting it should only bring the setting to default and nothing else, the fan is still there right? because maybe you did used it without the fan and in sha256 mode for distraction...
tmmapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 09:31:19 AM

Thanks for replying!

resetting it should only bring the setting to default and nothing else, the fan is still there right? because maybe you did used it without the fan and in sha256 mode for distraction...

No LEDs work! And it has a fan (OEM) on it the hole time i had it, and the fan works perfectly. And i was mining in sha256.  Smiley
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:01:59 PM

Thanks for replying!

No LEDs work! And it has a fan (OEM) on it the hole time i had it, and the fan works perfectly. And i was mining in sha256.  Smiley

ah sry i did not understand, then if no led work it is probably gone for good, it could be caused by the excessive usage under heavy oc, there was probably a voltage modification on it

you didn't already, you might try to remove every cable retarst your pc(or the machien you are using to run this asic) and reconnect everything
tmmapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 04:27:39 PM

Thanks for replying!

No LEDs work! And it has a fan (OEM) on it the hole time i had it, and the fan works perfectly. And i was mining in sha256.  Smiley

ah sry i did not understand, then if no led work it is probably gone for good, it could be caused by the excessive usage under heavy oc, there was probably a voltage modification on it

you didn't already, you might try to remove every cable retarst your pc(or the machien you are using to run this asic) and reconnect everything

I thought it was gone.  Cry

Thanks for your help!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: