Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not use Coinbase  (Read 8321 times)
brian_armstrong

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:30:54 AM

Hello all,

First just let me say I'm sorry for the trouble in the past few weeks.  We indeed had a bunch of transactions go unconfirmed on the blockchain.  This was due to a feature we attempted to roll out that paid transaction fees on the user's behalf (which created some unconfirmed transaction chains).

We did some testing, and thought we had it down.  Obviously we were wrong.  That was my fault.

We've rolled it back for now so things appear to be back to normal.  I'm the first to admit we're still getting things "production ready" on Coinbase, so we won't come out of beta until we can safely say it's production ready.  We don't expect to earn your business unless we can execute on this and much more.  Thanks for bearing with us - we're in this thing for the long haul.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 09:42:25 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 06:25:08 PM by paraipan

Hello all,

First just let me say I'm sorry for the trouble in the past few weeks.  We indeed had a bunch of transactions go unconfirmed on the blockchain.  This was due to a feature we attempted to roll out that paid transaction fees on the user's behalf (which created some unconfirmed transaction chains).

We did some testing, and thought we had it down.  Obviously we were wrong.  That was my fault.

We've rolled it back for now so things appear to be back to normal.  I'm the first to admit we're still getting things "production ready" on Coinbase, so we won't come out of beta until we can safely say it's production ready.  We don't expect to earn your business unless we can execute on this and much more.  Thanks for bearing with us - we're in this thing for the long haul.

Two words... Bitcoin testnet

Edit: Keep up the good work guys

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

Hello all,

Thanks for this Brian.
brian_armstrong

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:07:47 AM

Two words... Bitcoin testnet

Edit: Keep up the good work guys

This is a good point.  We run about 100 tests on testnet before each deploy.  Unfortunately we didn't have a test case for the last problem that happened Sad  Race conditions in coin selection.

Thanks for the support though!  Really appreciate it.
MtGoxTraderBot

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:47:59 PM

Oof, thats gotta hurt.
chrebel

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:42:59 AM

Just transferred .01 btc from coinbase to local wallet very quickly.  Another transaction of 1.3x btc not going nearly as fast.  Hopefully it gets to my local wallet eventually since I have already gotten an email from coinbase telling me the transfer happened.
refta

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:57:11 PM

i also sent btc to and from them. it worked for me though.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: