Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Banx Capital joins BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 2145 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:17:33 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 04:53:26 PM by StanLarimer

Banx Capital announced today that it would be joining the BitShares Exchange Network when version 2.0 is released later this summer.

Since the end of 2013, Banx has been launching a portfolio of cryptocurrency businesses including a crypto currency exchange, mining company, trading company, physical coin company and a half dozen other enterprises intended to span the industry.

This is an exciting example of two new trends that will change the landscape of the Crypto industry this year:

MEGATREND 1.  Coins Upgrading to Shared Industrial Grade Networks.

BanxShares is the first Top Ten crypto currency on coinmarketcap to recognize it is not stuck with ancient 2014 technology.  Just because it was launched as an isolated stove-pipe blockchain doesn't mean that it is forever locked into the old model where it must cover its own blockchain's maintenance and operating costs and attract its own network effect, exchange listings, and community.  By snapshotting itself as a User Issued Asset (UIA) on the BitShares Exchange network, all those headaches go away.   It will still be an independent top ten coin on the world stage, but beneath the surface it will now be powered by BitShares 2.0.  

Yep.  Why license BitShare's awesome new technology when you can move onto the BitShares network itself for a small one time fee? BanxShares will instantly gain 1 second transaction times and all the other benefits of industrial grade performance - on the same day as BitShares upgrades itself.  

MEGATREND 2.  Exchanges Upgrading to Shared Industrial Grade Networks.

BANX.io is an innovative exchange that specializes in trading the shares of other startup businesses, including its own shares.  By moving onto the BitShares Exchange Network BANX.io instantly gains access to other members' products and services such as the fiat on/off ramps and globally welcomed Nanocard provided by CCEDK and Bit-X.   Its customers can trade with the combined customers and assets brought to the network by all other member exchanges.   And, thanks to the BitShares referral program, BANX.io still collects its share of the network-wide transaction fees paid by every customer it brings to the table.

“Some of the biggest digital currency exchanges have been hacked and the rest are looking over their shoulders” says Banx Capital CEO and Founder Mark Lyford, “BitShares are offering their Smartchain as a safe, level playing field for use by the whole industry.  It can serve as backbone network to all the exchanges as a way for them to trade with and against each other.  With shared order books we will have deeper markets, tighter spreads, and greater liquidity.  And since our customers keep their own keys while trading on this network, combined with hierarchical multi-sig capabilities we can’t get hacked - and our customers can’t get hacked.”

Welcome aboard Banx!

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:18:09 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 04:54:09 PM by StanLarimer

Dateline London - 23 June 2015

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

"Ate" might be a bit inaccurate.

BanxShares and Banx.io are new customers.

BitShares is a mere humble provider of industrial grade Smartchain services they found compelling.

Smiley
MarkLyford

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:19:47 PM

WOOOP!

sooooooo BitShares just ate Banxshares

I wouldn't say that. I would say we love what their new 2.0 is going to do and we want to be apart of it Wink
MarkLyford

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:31:24 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 04:18:17 PM by MarkLyford

I am super excited about the Bitshares 2.0 coming out soon and after speaking to Dan, Stan and the rest of the Bitshares team was convinced moving to BTS 2.0 was the right move for Banx.

Moving forward these changes will allow us to fly ahead with our plans as we grow.

I look forward to being part of this community and helping anyway we can

Regards

Mark Lyford
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but all the money a coin doesn't spend on its own block signing nodes can be used to grow the coin instead.  Savings can be used...

1.  To develop new products and services
2.  To attract new users
3.  To reward the owners by not increasing the supply for no good reason.

If they find out how easy it is to upgrade a coin to industrial grade performance, everyone will be doing it.

And there goes our unique advantage in the marketplace.
MarkLyford

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

I thought I would share a video my 15 yrs old son James put together around the office at banx in the UK for any of you interested (and yes I'm going on a diet next week Wink )

>>

>> https://vimeo.com/131121240
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:37:55 PM

Banx Update, 23rd June, 2015
Banx Joins BitShares Network

MarkLyford

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 05:30:38 PM

Banx Update - Banx Capital Joins the BitShares Exchange Network >>
http://banxcapital.com/banx-update-banx-capital-joins-the-bitshares-exchange-network/
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:42:00 PM

Banxshares will now live on the BitShares blockchain and it can cease all inflation due to mining.  Profitable business decision.

Honestly, I don't think the less than 0.001% yearly inflation is the reason why BANXshares is moving to Bitshares. A colored coin/smart tokens system is simply a better match for what are really tokens, not coins.

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:11:16 PM

FYI...

http://www.pressadvantage.com/story/2267-bitshares-and-banx-capital-announce-partnership

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:46:47 PM

EvilDave,

Thanks for visiting us.  Don't know if you'll be back to see my response, so I'll post it here rather than bumping the now resolved but unfortunately titled CMC controversy thread...where the following first occurred:

I liked this so much I decided to just go ahead and shamelessly quote myself here...

Swift kick.......love the [ANN], btw:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1097350.0

Any actual news to report ?

Seeing two Top Ten assets share one industrial grade blockchain:  Nice!

Seeing four exchanges partnering to produce a market bigger than their individual stovepipes:  Very Nice!

Realizing that your own coin or exchange is welcome to join the same party:  Priceless!

Oooh....our Stan  Angry
I'm not letting you get away with that one.......I asked a simple question about the Banx.io trading volume issue, and you dodged it like a pro.
Here's the BTT thread in question:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091855.0

I've gone on record as believing that BTS is a legitimate, honest project, but now I'm starting to have doubts.
Congratulating yourself loudly on your shilling skillz....it's kind of tacky, Stan.

(As are these bloody captchas.....who the hell are you trying keep out ? Well, apart from me.... Cool)

Hey, I admitted it was shameless!   Smiley

Interestingly, your question links to this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1097350.0
Which was the [ANN] thread over there, not
Which was the question you say I dodged like a pro.

Since you said you loved the ANN and linked to it, I commented on the essence of the news on that thread.
Namely, that others could take advantage of the same opportunity.

I didn't realize you were seeking news on the now resolved CMC controversy.
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:23:13 PM

You are a quick study Mr. Hullabaloo

You have earned you Bitcoin2.O diploma.

Just like Mr Keiser recently did:

You know, comparing anyone to Max Keiser is terrible PR.   For one thing, none of my coins have been abject failures.

Hopefully if BANX works people will use Mark Lyford as a comparison in the fugure. Smiley

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:07:09 PM

Stan, your quotes seem to be all over the place.

Here's the BitSharesTalk thread, featuring me on guest vocals:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17148.msg219847.html#msg219847

And here's the "BANX Trading volume" thread:

And, yeah, I am a curious little monkey about the whole BANX trading volume issue.....I'd mostly still like to know how long the error was in place, and how many reporting sites it affected apart from CMC, but as I mentioned on BTStalk, I'm not that bothered anymore.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:00:55 AM

Here's an update from Mark at Banx Capital

http://banxcapital.com/banx-update-6th-july-2015/

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:22:30 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 07:52:39 PM by StanLarimer

Nice overviews of BANX Capital...

Banx Overview
(BitShares is featured extensively starting at about the 13:30 minute mark.)

https://vimeo.com/125272899

BanxShares and BitShares are currently appearing in conjunction on coinmarketcap.com

When BitShares 2.0 comes out in September,
BanxShares will upgrade to run on BitShares as a User Issued Asset,
the easy way for any coin to upgrade to industrial strength performance
and shared network effect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: