Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from bahston  (Read 654 times)
teamhugs (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 01:03:59 PM

Hello from the environs around bahston in the state of Massachusetts.

Been following, reading, and pondering bitcoins for a long while. According to localbitcoins, there aren't many of us around here. They're all in NH pretending to live in a free state or something. Wink

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 01:09:08 PM

A bitcoinah neah Hahvahd? Wicked cool.

It stahts with one person somewheah. : )
ben-abuya

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 01:21:57 PM

Hello from the environs around bahston in the state of Massachusetts.

Been following, reading, and pondering bitcoins for a long while. According to localbitcoins, there aren't many of us around here. They're all in NH pretending to live in a free state or something. Wink

Finally, Boston! We've been trying to get something going there for a while and we were also surprised at the lack of interest from one of the world's great technological hubs and populations centers.  Any interest in hooking up and trying to get something planned for Boston? Feel free to PM me.

See:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104371.0

http://lamassubtc.com/
Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
teamhugs (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 04:01:54 PM

As a newbie, I can't reply to anything outside this forum yet. New Englanders are conservative for the most part. They're still catching on to this Internet thing; not sure if it's a fad or not.

I've read there's some sort of Saturday meetups in Harvard Sq. When I'm not traveling, I can probably make them once a month or something.

ben-abuya

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 04:16:28 PM

As a newbie, I can't reply to anything outside this forum yet. New Englanders are conservative for the most part. They're still catching on to this Internet thing; not sure if it's a fad or not.

I've read there's some sort of Saturday meetups in Harvard Sq. When I'm not traveling, I can probably make them once a month or something.

Hmm, where did you read about that? On the meetup wiki page? I don't think that's actually been happening. I'm a member of the associated facebook page, and there's nothing going on there. I'm working with samadamsbeer from the forum to get something started in Boston, so I'd love to hear from you if you've got any ideas or you'd like to help out. If you've got any contacts at the universities, that would be great.

Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
teamhugs (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 06:22:07 PM

Hmm, where did you read about that? On the meetup wiki page? I don't think that's actually been happening. I'm a member of the associated facebook page, and there's nothing going on there. I'm working with samadamsbeer from the forum to get something started in Boston, so I'd love to hear from you if you've got any ideas or you'd like to help out. If you've got any contacts at the universities, that would be great.

Yes, I read it on the meetup wiki page. I don' t have facebook, so can't join that group. I'm up for a meetup. I'm coming from the south shore, so something on the red line would be great. We could start small and just meet somewhere for drinks, food, and coins.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:20:21 AM

According to localbitcoins, there aren't many of us around here.

Ya, that's unusually sparse considering the population level and tech-savviness. 

Consider checking in on this thread:

NH & Boston area Bitcoiners
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104371.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

teamhugs (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 02:30:20 AM

I'm subbed to it, I just can't reply as a newbie, yet.

therustytrombone

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:38:08 AM

Red Sox suck, Bruins suck, Celtics suck!

Welcome!
ben-abuya

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 04:36:36 PM

... I'm up for a meetup. I'm coming from the south shore, so something on the red line would be great. We could start small and just meet somewhere for drinks, food, and coins.

Excellent. I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks, but when I get back, we'll organize a Boston meetup. I'll try to bring some NH guys and we'll see how many people we can draw.

Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
samadamsbeer

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 10:04:19 PM

Hello Teamhugs, as ben mentioned, been working on trying to get some stuff started in the area. Happy to meet for  beverage or something, I am very near the red line. I'll send you a PM.
Zack

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 10:22:21 PM

Wish there was Bitcoiners in the south florida area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: