Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:04:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [solved] few bitcoind on one server  (Read 642 times)
tcpdump (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:43:54 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 04:51:14 AM by tcpdump

Hi all. I have Ubuntu Server with bitcoind in full-node mode, for my web-application. But both branches of my product (dev and  production) in one server. Can I run 2 different bitcoin cores (full node for prod and testnet node for dev branches) in one server?

Update. Solved, great thanks to all
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:51:18 PM

Hi all. I have Ubuntu Server with bitcoind in full-node mode, for my web-application. But both branches of my product (dev and  production) in one server. Can I run 2 different bitcoin cores (full node for prod and testnet node for dev branches) in one server?

You should just need to specify the directory for each instance to use.

See eg:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771930.0
Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:39:40 AM

Afaik, you can run bitcoin-core in both normal and testnet mode on the same server without issues. Testnet had it's own directory within the ~/.bitcon directory that's called ~/.bitcoin/testnet3 (for 0.10.0) You might want to specify a config file for testnet, if you use a file other than the standard config, see "-conf"-flag.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:59:22 AM

Assuming you'e on some flavor of Linux...

Prod:
Code:
./bitcoind -datadir=~/.bitcoin_prod

Dev:
Code:
./bitcoind -testnet -datadir=~/.bitcoin_dev

If you ever want to run multiple production instances, you'll have to bind them each to different ports as well.  You can get away with what I showed above because production runs on different ports than testnet.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: