Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's spelt NxT and besides it's an outted scam!!  (Read 784 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:31:31 PM

Jeff Garzik, one of the developers of Bitcoin and possibly the future lead developer, determined there are probable backdoors in the NXT source code.

NxT was a scam where its' founder owns at least 400 million NxT.   Shocked

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
levinhostar

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:29:41 PM

wow again. interesting. tell us more
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:52:01 AM

post proof?

link to garzik post?

link to 400m in the NXT owner accounts?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:17:06 AM

taken from the other thread:

For someone who's spent time in other echo chambers, here's the killer argument against the claim that Nxt is a scam:

Marketing

In addition to their, uh, ethical deficits, scammers and con artists always have one thing in common: they're very slick marketers. That's a constant - a very reliable behaviour pattern.

Now tell me, and tell me true instead of weaselling around: does this behavior patter match the guys in Nxt's inner circle?

I don't know about you, but I've read a lot of complaints about Nxt's marketing being less than what it should be. Those complaints drop the dime on the claim of Nxt being a scam: producing solid technical innovations but suboptimal marketing shows the opposite of the behavior pattern of a con artist.

Another behavior pattern of scammers is their short-term orientation. Even if they have a business that could really go places, they lack the patience to build it up. Instead, they jet off and run another scam.

Does this match the behavior pattern of the inner-circle Nxters? No, it doesn't. All of them have stuck with Nxt for well over a year - through a time when NXT's price was essentially going nowhere satoshi-wise.

So there's your answer as to why Nxt is not a scam. The behavior patterns don't match. Smiley
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:49:05 AM

Jeff Garzik, one of the developers of Bitcoin and possibly the future lead developer, determined there are probable backdoors in the NXT source code.

NxT was a scam where its' founder owns at least 400 million NxT.   Shocked

It's called TaunSew and is incapable of coming up with any new material:

Hashes do not match, the "open source" NXT that is available to download is not the same as the NXT that everybody downloads on their desktop, which contains probable backdoors (which explains much of the thefts which occurred within NXT since launch).

Jeff Garzik covered this ages ago

https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/511928969000943616

NXTers deny / refuse it but that's the power of running an internet cult.  Jeff Garzik has nothing personal against NXT.  He's a developer for BTC, possibly even the lead developer if Gavin steps down, and he's doing all sorts of ventures to build cryptocurrency as a whole.

Replying to TS is being increasingly difficult, to be honest, his lies are just.......amazing.
Not to mention the fact that I (and others) have already answered them repeatedly.

Lets start with the thefts from NXT accounts: there have been around 10-12 thefts directly from accounts. Mostly small amounts of NXT, always owing to lousy password security.
In some cases less than 1000 NXT, but even so, it still sucks to lose your funds like that, so we always take theft reports seriously.
We've checked all of the thefts out, and in some cases recovered the funds.
In every case, people lost their NXT by using a well known phrase as password, or a simple ABCDABCD....  repeating pattern.
Since we started beefing up password security a year ago....no more thefts.
Most of the guys/girls/whatever who lost NXT are still involved with Nxt, including the guy who actually had the most stolen (and recovered):
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/got-nxt-64-757-stolen-from-my-wallet-%27%28/msg50586/#msg50586
.....and now he's running a NXT-based business and representing NXT at conferences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1AmBhjkVQU&feature=youtu.be

The backdoor: If there was a systematic backdoor built into the NXT code, you'd expect to see thefts on a much larger scale.
We've had a shitload of coders look at the NXT code since then, and there is no backdoor to be found.
The NXT dev community comprehensively answered Jeff G, and he hasn't come up with any evidence either.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/a-longer-reply-to-jeff-garzik/
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/garzick-attacking-nxt-again/

Anyone who wants to check it out for themselves, and has the necessary skillz.........come on down, rip NXT to pieces and find that backdoor code:
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/

Just to finish off here, 'coz I'm getting tired and grumpy........if you want to see exactly how NXT works:
http://jnxt.org/nxt/
Log in to this test NXT client with the alias 'nxt' and take a good look at what Nxt has built over the last 2 years.

NXT isn't a scam or a frigging cult, it's a sane, honest and legitimate project, one of the best in crypto right now.

To anyone who is curious about NXT: do your own research, rather than taking the word of bitter, repetitive trolls like TS.
Grrr.....what a little tit. Angry

(And, very sadly, I don't have 50 million NXT either......I've spent the last 18 months accumulating NXT in any way possible, and I'm just getting close to my first million, which makes me happy.)

Have you considered the possiblity that you may have Alzheimers, TS ?
You live completely in the past, yet can't remember stuff that you posted 4 days ago..... Huh

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:50:03 PM

Watching NEM sink further on CMC makes TaunSew sad.  Cry
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 03:01:52 PM

taken from the other thread:

Yep, that was mine - and I stand by it.

Really: one of the difficulties around here is the inability to distinguish scammers from permabulls. Because the altcoin market is so "Fast and Furious", most people 'round here either fold permabulls into one of two categories: scammers or bagholders. But a permabull is a different breed of cat: ironically, he's the breed of cat that every bagholder yearns for. Go figure.

Now that the altcoin bear market seems to be over, we can spot permabulls fairly easily. Scammers, being the cynical sort, run for the border when a bear market chomps on an asset. So do ordinary punters, although they "capitulate" near the end of the bear's ravagings. Again, go figure.

But the permabull always sticks around, and is there to benefit when the bear turns into a friendly bull. Smiley In fact, a permabull is likely to load up as his favourite investment as the gnawing teeth of the bear scare away most. As he gets more and more lonely with his HODLing, he tends to get louder and louder. Again, go figure. Wink

If you're not hep to this type, the permabull looks an awful lot like a bagholder in times like these. In times like early 2014, in contradistinction, a permabull looks an awful lot like a scammer.

And, the funny thing about a permabull is that he benefits fully from a bubble while it inflates - he never, never sells - but inevitably gets wrecked when the bubble pops. Again, go figure. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: