Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use OkCoin futures?  (Read 1299 times)
grigorescua87 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:57:37 PM

If yes, what do you think about them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

maybe yes, biggest bitcoin and litecoin market in world that 1 reason for me to use it, but im more comfortable use huobi, high volume too and 0% fee trading Smiley

CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 11:48:38 PM

Yes I love okcoin, but I haven't been trading futures recently.  The market is too stagnant & unpredictable for my taste right now, but I have had a great experience on their platform and will use it again in the future.

JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:46:47 AM

I used to. My primary trading was done at 10x futures. However, with all the rumors surrounding Okcoin (bad security protocols, front running their customers, making the market with un-backed accounts) I moved my funds elsewhere.

Sticking to BTC-E, Bitfinex, and Coinbase. But I do miss the low/no fees.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:13:45 AM

not too much i prefer to trade bitcoin, in another way, with stock and commodities, by closing or opening position, i can have a better control over the market, and there is more fluctuation, thus you're not forced to do leverage
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:13:19 AM

I used to. My primary trading was done at 10x futures. However, with all the rumors surrounding Okcoin (bad security protocols, front running their customers, making the market with un-backed accounts) I moved my funds elsewhere.

I have asked them to do a proof of reserves and publish balances managed by them - really hoping they are doing it.

the thing is, how much trust can you put into that? there was a reddit thread recently where the former CTO stated that Okcoin gamed the audit. here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/37tm1b/czs_statement_regarding_the_dispute_between/

I can confirm OKCoin removed a number of accounts (used by OKCoin bots) to pass the Proof-of-Reserve audit in Aug 2014. In essence, these bots trade on fractional (or fictional) reserves. Stephan Thomas was lied to during the audit. This is an unfortunate limitation of the proof-of-reserves method.
AccountTrader

Activity: 321

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:19:04 AM

I used to, but I gave it up about 5 months ago. The woodchipper took me for 7 btc and my lesson was learnt.
Moved on and never going to look back.
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:34:49 AM

Yeah just watch out for the woodchipper, you have to respect it.
Valanor

Activity: 252

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:06:42 AM

Sticking to BTC-E, Bitfinex, and Coinbase. But I do miss the low/no fees.

You can try HUOBI to lternative market, if you comfortable with Okcoin, Huobi will be comfortable too... and you must remember we can trade without fee on HUOBI and low interest Loan

noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:39:50 PM

No but what is really special about them?

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:55:55 AM

Okcoin has the most liquidity compared to the other future platforms. You can use up to 20x leverage. It's really where you want to be trading futures.
bt62567

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:25:03 PM

Okcoin has the most liquidity compared to the other future platforms. You can use up to 20x leverage. It's really where you want to be trading futures.

Well they don't really have a platform, just an exchange, with trading through the website. If you don't have custom software platform for trading then trading with 10 x or 20 x is somewhat asking for problems.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:18:02 PM

no, because i ain't a high trader.
i can only buy bitcoin via ATM for now.
OKcoin is useless for me.

that negative feedback is eternal, i was utterly lost every ability.  Cry

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: