Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to start a Bitcoin community site  (Read 995 times)
Zack (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:59:39 PM

Hello, I'm looking to start a Bitcoin community website. Something like a nice CMS with forums that would have latest news about Bitcoin and maybe even a widget that could view exchanges. I've already got the domain and hosting, so I'm looking for a partner or two that have at least some web/graphic design experience. Not trying to make and money off of this, just something to do for fun. If you have any suggestions that you think could expand on my ideas, feel free to PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:01:57 PM

Hello, I'm looking to start a Bitcoin community website. Something like a nice CMS with forums that would have latest news about Bitcoin and maybe even a widget that could view exchanges. I've already got the domain and hosting, so I'm looking for a partner or two that have at least some web/graphic design experience. Not trying to make and money off of this, just something to do for fun. If you have any suggestions that you think could expand on my ideas, feel free to PM me.

Think you should make it a Business only forum, post rules about off topic posts, trolls and other things. This site fails to maintain a business type stance, its more like a gamer forum or something.

Zack (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:53:16 PM

Think you should make it a Business only forum, post rules about off topic posts, trolls and other things. This site fails to maintain a business type stance, its more like a gamer forum or something.

Agreed, it would be strictly moderated. Looking for a couple partners to help with this venture.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:39:17 PM

Ill help with what I can if you need ideas or input, Ill be happy to help you out.

Zack (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:41:26 PM

Ill help with what I can if you need ideas or input, Ill be happy to help you out.

Mainly I'm just looking for some ideas regarding a Bitcoin community that hasn't been done before, I don't just want a simple forum like this, I want something more. Something that will attract good,contributing members of the Bitcoin community.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:43:28 PM

Mainly I'm just looking for some ideas regarding a Bitcoin community that hasn't been done before, I don't just want a simple forum like this, I want something more. Something that will attract good,contributing members of the Bitcoin community.

Gl with that, most of the bitcoin community is made up of trolls.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:50:50 PM

Go with 100% business only, strict rules about posting on types of threads,

Like the securities thread, Should be allowed only for posting that pertains to news or valid information about the IPO. Then leave a section for IPO review that people can talk about IPO's and say whatever they want.

Make a section for Lending business, Mining, Deposits, High Risk non backed securities and "Real World" I say real world like someone was to say they were going to open a bar, they could post there about how they are going to go about it.

People of course could ask questions but not just come on there and say " Your idea sucks your a scammer" They can put that in the IPO Reviews with there proof or notion why.  Do not allow for duel IP registration this will stop SOME not all sock puppets. If people do not obey the rules to the sections of the forum block them from that section. I think a respectful approach would be the best, not a Noob gamer type thing like here. Require members to have logged time only to post in the IPO section and Reviews.

Zack (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 12:04:45 AM

Go with 100% business only, strict rules about posting on types of threads,

Like the securities thread, Should be allowed only for posting that pertains to news or valid information about the IPO. Then leave a section for IPO review that people can talk about IPO's and say whatever they want.

Make a section for Lending business, Mining, Deposits, High Risk non backed securities and "Real World" I say real world like someone was to say they were going to open a bar, they could post there about how they are going to go about it.

People of course could ask questions but not just come on there and say " Your idea sucks your a scammer" They can put that in the IPO Reviews with there proof or notion why.  Do not allow for duel IP registration this will stop SOME not all sock puppets. If people do not obey the rules to the sections of the forum block them from that section. I think a respectful approach would be the best, not a Noob gamer type thing like here. Require members to have logged time only to post in the IPO section and Reviews.

Thank you for your suggestions. I guess now I should decide which open source forum software I want to utilize, since I don't plan on shelling out the nearly $200 for IPB or vB. Not to fond of SMF, so I will be looking at phpBB/MyBB.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:37:13 AM

Where are you located?
Zack (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:42:42 AM