Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:40:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We need go to the next step on Bitcoin. Real world!  (Read 1436 times)
felipelalli (OP)

Activity: 229
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:19:40 AM

Let's go EVERYBODY to http://www.sportingbet.com/ and ask to them accept bitcoins. I did my part.
Do the same on eBay and Amazon.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:26:55 AM

lol .. we don't need sportingbet. Have had btcsportsbet.com for almost 2 years now!
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:53:00 AM

Bitcoin is already in the real word and Internet is also part of the real world...

https://localbitcoins.com/
http://www.theswisspharmacy.com/
http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog

just for example

Capital One Corporation

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:15:11 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2012, 04:29:55 AM by Capital One Corporation

Investing bitcoin capital into bitcoin non-related business and generating profit and distribution dividends in Bitcoin.
felipelalli (OP)

Activity: 229
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:23:38 AM

¬¬ they don't have Brazilian events! Sportingbet is much better. We need to request to traditional sites to accept bitcoins.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:39:26 PM

What you need is some sort of e-petitiion with loads of signatorees. If you could sign a petition with your bitcoin wallet even better. If a business gets a petition signed by 10,000 peeps saying they will do business then a lot of the smaller websites will defo jump on board. In the petition are links to technical instructions on how to make this happen in their shopping cart. We need a proforma petition template.

EDIT: nah, just target one or two big guys like eBay and Amazon.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Zack

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:06:37 PM

Something tells me it would be very unlikely for ebay to consider us, consider how much PayPal is used.
Zack

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:20:08 PM

Something tells me it would be very unlikely for ebay to consider us, consider how much PayPal is used.

Considering ebay owns paypal.

Paypal should just get with the times and accept Bitcoin as a funding and withdraw method.  Grin

Wouldn't happen, paypal is way too greedy. If it were to happen, I'm sure there would be a very steep fee for every transaction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:05:09 PM

EDIT: nah, just target one or two big guys like eBay and Amazon.

The big guys will not make a move on Bitcoin until there is clear legal precedent. We should not expect Amazon to be interested in Bitcoin anytime soon.

Once legal precedent happens... watch out!
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 06:39:59 PM

Don't waste your time with petitions. That's about as valuable to affect change as voting right now. 

...it's a rigged system. With the most rich and powerful people on the planet running it, with a deep vested interest in maintaining fiat currency.

Instead, if we put our energy into making Bitcoin easy to use and add viral tools it would be a far higher leverage point then petitions or anything else.

The problem with Bitcoin is it just for "techies" right now.  It needs to be click simple.  The Bitcoin clients need to be able to run on all mobile devices.   And it needs to be so simple a 12 year old would have no problems using it.

...it's far from that right now.

To a techie they see it as simple.  To a non-techie its a formidable task just to get all the moving parts working and secure.

Make it click simple.  Make it with viral devices to recruit new users friends... do that and the market will take care of the rest. 

The merchants will respond to their customers adoption of Bitcoin, not to our petitions.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 06:45:13 PM

Considering ebay owns paypal.

Paypal should just get with the times and accept Bitcoin as a funding and withdraw method.  Grin

Wouldn't happen, paypal is way too greedy. If it were to happen, I'm sure there would be a very steep fee for every transaction.
Oh it will.  Paypal makes money with transaction fees.  No reason they couldn't charge transaction fees on transactions denominated in Bitcoins just the same as they do with USD transactions, and no reason for that transaction fee to be any higher than their USD transaction fees.
Evolvex

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 06:47:43 PM

You make a lot of points that I agree with Sage!

Bitcoin is not ready for the masses as yet, its to hard for none techies to understand and use - as sage says, until its a one click deal people wont take to it as quick as techies do.

Bricks and mortar exchanges is what we need to reduce the fear none techies have until bitcoin can support 1 click type ease, come in, pay your fiat, get bitcoins on your smartphone right there, done.... im my humble opinion Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: