Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:10:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosted mining space? Does anyone do it?  (Read 382 times)
Ty13rDerden (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:41:08 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 02:53:03 AM by Ty13rDerden

Does anyone know of anyone using hosted mining space? Like Asicspace? Not cloud mining, space where mining hardware is powered and stored.

The reason I ask is, I live in a house that has a Bitcoin mining room that can handle 600A at 208 V. Cost of electricity is extremely cheap here ~$0.04/kW/h.

The mining setup we have now is about to be removed.  The hardware does not belong to me and is leaving in a month.  I'm debating offering hosted mining space and wanted to know if this is a service worth offering?

Thanks for your help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:48:22 AM

it could if you can prove to be trustworthy, usually up to 0.1 it should be profitable to mine, so if you can find someone that has above 0.04 electricity cost and below 0.1, he would in theory join you and host his miners in your house

you can fit something like 245 tera hash there, with 124kw/h, it should be enough for someone that is searching for a small farm, although i think that you need at least 1 peta to compete..
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:55:17 AM

Does anyone know of anyone using hosted mining space? Like Asicspace? Not cloud mining, space where mining hardware is powered and stored.

The reason I ask is, I live in a house that has a Bitcoin mining room that can handle 600A at 208 V. Cost of electricity is extremely cheap here ~$0.04/kW/h.

The mining setup we have now is about to be removed.  The hardware does not belong to me and is leaving in a month.  I'm debating offering hosted mining space and wanted to know if this is a service worth offering?

Thanks for your help!
You got space for mining, cheap electricity!Why don't you run mining yourself? You could hire someone set it up for you if you don't know how to do it! Yes, you can rent out your mining space! There is no hassle for you!

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:56:57 AM

1: If you have a life, it won't be profitable.  You have to be able to spend time troubleshooting, reboot when something happens, setup/takedown/sell, impliment cooling...  It's a lot of work.  Not to mention, if you're away for a few days and a machine goes down, there goes a ton of your profit.  God forbid a piece of networking gear goes out

2: If you're going large scale, you need to think about the possibility of something going wrong.  You're not a datacenter with fire suppression, and you're working with a ton of power.  Spoondolies can easily happen to your house.  Insurance would negate any profit

3: You're a residential house using a ton of power.  This could easily be you

4: Power for the machines =/= power you'll use.  AC is expensive both to implement and run

5: Power strips to take advantage of your full capacity will cost a lot

6: If power goes out you're screwed.  Got a storm?  There goes your profit.  Same goes for internet.

Enjoy mining yourself, fill the room to your heart's content.  Don't try to make it into a business

Ty13rDerden (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:32:37 AM

1: If you have a life, it won't be profitable.  You have to be able to spend time troubleshooting, reboot when something happens, setup/takedown/sell, impliment cooling...  It's a lot of work.  Not to mention, if you're away for a few days and a machine goes down, there goes a ton of your profit.  God forbid a piece of networking gear goes out

2: If you're going large scale, you need to think about the possibility of something going wrong.  You're not a datacenter with fire suppression, and you're working with a ton of power.  Spoondolies can easily happen to your house.  Insurance would negate any profit

3: You're a residential house using a ton of power.  This could easily be you

4: Power for the machines =/= power you'll use.  AC is expensive both to implement and run

5: Power strips to take advantage of your full capacity will cost a lot

6: If power goes out you're screwed.  Got a storm?  There goes your profit.  Same goes for internet.

Enjoy mining yourself, fill the room to your heart's content.  Don't try to make it into a business

It's electrically wired to run a Bitcoin center, the room was built to host a small server farm. We already run 16 TH/s now. There has been quite a bit of money invested outside of my personal involvement. I'm just trying to figure out a way to cover the losses for my extended family without investing more money.  The primary question was does anyone know of anyone actually using hosted mining space.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: