Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you spend your hard earned bitcoins[btc] on?  (Read 1958 times)
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 01:28:05 PM

it is ye, asic is a type of chip... cpu is asic, gpu is asic etcetc, this is just a new type of tech thats waaaaaaay faster at mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VogueBlackheart

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:58:37 PM

I do not advocate the usage of bitcoins in transactions where fiat currencies remain viable as a substitute, in the same way that I wouldn't trade gold or silver bullion as currency before exhausting other means of exchange. Bitcoin is, I believe, lower on Exter's pyramid than fiat, and may prove to be lower than even the monetary metals themselves. All will rise in purchasing power relative to paper assets. As long as the service infrastructure for Bitcoin commerce is thoroughly in place at the point of acute decline in fiat currencies, I don't think it matters if anyone was using it to buy or sell goods and services; being highly liquid and easy to access, it is capable of taking the reins from fiat at a moment's notice.
c0ffer

Activity: 672

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 05:02:31 PM

I like to buy silver and sometimes advertising Wink

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:05:31 PM

I used it for speculation, and improving mining equipment as well as paying programmers to get my own pool running.
Sadly i got burned on my speculation on qe3 last week, and the programmers i payd did not managed to get my pool runnning by now  Undecided

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:17:29 PM

I used it for speculation, and improving mining equipment as well as paying programmers to get my own pool running.
Sadly i got burned on my speculation on qe3 last week, and the programmers i payd did not managed to get my pool runnning by now  Undecided

Sorry to hear that..
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:38:13 PM

So what do you spend your hard earned BTC on?

I save most of my btc and send a small percentage to bitcoin developers as donations.

If we support our developers, they'll support us.
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:42:52 PM

Is there like a bitcoin savings account you can use?
ForeverAnony

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:37:38 PM

I like to stare at them Cheesy
ladida

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:12:32 PM

mostly computer stuff Smiley
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:15:35 PM

I'm constantly loosing my BTC on GLBSE at a slow rate, thanks to my awesome trading skills.

But at least I have fun. It's more fun than gambling.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:20:00 AM

So what do you spend your hard earned BTC on?

Or do you hoard them hoping the exchange rate will go up?

Gambling with some.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
VogueBlackheart

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:30:34 PM

The one thing I do use bitcoins for now: I've given several friends 1BTC as a gift. I let them know they can cash it out for the $12.50 or whatever the rate at the time is, but I recommend they hold on to it. They make an online wallet, I send it over, and a new Bitcoiner ...Bitcoineer? Bitcoinator!... is born.
VogueBlackheart

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:32:51 PM

Gambling with some.

Oh, I do that too. Guess I'm not the hoarder I think myself to be. Made a pretty nice return betting on Pirate's default in August, though. Cheesy
Monkey1

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:13:34 PM

Is there like a bitcoin savings account you can use?

There is a decent investment called pyramining whwere your investment is used to buy mining hardware, which then works to pay back your investment plus at least 10%.  Check out the links in my sig for a full explanation and the opportunity to participate.  PM me if you have any questions.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
seot

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:46:34 AM

I do not have many but after looking arround here I decided to invest in Pyramining. I have not the technology nor the knowlege to do the mining myself so I see Pyramining a way to outsource mining  Cheesy
HeavySteel

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:03:11 AM

I am selling Walmart, Target, and Amazon gift cards on www.bitmit.net.  They are a great way of spending bitcoins in the real world.  Amazon claim codes are also available.  Check it out.

http://www.bitmit.net/en/shop/c/23-money/2-us-dollar

In general, Bitmit is a great way of buying and selling items with bitcoins via its escrow feature.  It is the eBay of bitcoins.
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:45:36 AM

Ideally, one spends BTC on hard-to-acquire items, resells those items for fiat, and then converts the fiat back into BTC. This helps to drive the market.

Take for example, 1 LB medical grade Cannabis on SR for 230BTC. This is roughly $2775 at current exchange rate. Some parts of the US, an OZ sells for 400+. That's $6400. Double your BTC in a month, with a couple OZ for yourself/more profit.

disclaimer: I do not condone or suggest or take part in illegal transactions.
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:56:31 AM

I do not have many but after looking arround here I decided to invest in Pyramining. I have not the technology nor the knowlege to do the mining myself so I see Pyramining a way to outsource mining  Cheesy

You should only invest if you do it yourself, especially with GLBSE gone now. Since pirate everyone seems to have a license to steal. Bonus pool just stole 2 months worth of earnings from miners also. It's just not safe to trust anyone now. Investing in btc has so far, proven to be a lot more profitable then mining anyway.
markusvon

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 10:22:11 AM

newbie question: what is ASIC?, I presume from your posts it's a mining machine. Is it the same as the one that Butteryfly Labs is selling? Thank you

ASIC stands for 'Application-specific integrated circuit'. You are right, it is a mining device! Compared with current hardware such as GPU's it is much more efficient and produces many more Mh/s (in fact in most cases gh/s)

The new products from BFL are most certainly ASIC's yes Smiley
seot

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:42:12 PM

You should only invest if you do it yourself, especially with GLBSE gone now. Since pirate everyone seems to have a license to steal. Bonus pool just stole 2 months worth of earnings from miners also. It's just not safe to trust anyone now. Investing in btc has so far, proven to be a lot more profitable then mining anyway.

Thank you for your advice Beans, I´ve seen there has been a lot of trouble with various "pirates" arround here. I am just investing free earned Bitcoins   Wink , very very few Btc.  So, if I loose something, it will only be Time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: