Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: winning tricks Calling Outs and ODDS Poker (POKER LOUNGE)  (Read 1630 times)
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:11:56 PM

Thank you darling, that was a beautiful explanation :*  Now I need to find a bot that can do this for me!  I find this idea really interesting, and I love it how math wins AGAIN.

I really hope that helped you a little to understand the game
when you are playing like 4 tables I think there is no need for bots or even EV calculator
mathematical in poker is not that hard , and people can master it by time but of course it needs working on it

Here's the issue: the probability is only over extended periods of time (100k+ hands minimum, 10m+ preferred). In a game like dice where you roll thousands of times, it makes more sense than in a game of poker where you may only play 50 hands. Your probability in poker isn't nearly as important as your ability to read opponents.

well people who take poker seriously at least play 4 tables at the same time , and people who make a living by playing poker u can find them play easily 8 tables and you would be surprised if you know that there are some people play +24 tables at the same time
and most of these players prefer 6max games , now let's say that the hand will take 1 minute that means you can play around 60 hands every hour per table
if you play more than 8 tables you would know that without knowing these numbers you can't know what's your hourly rate  Grin
you are talking about reading people , and this is not important at all in online poker
you can benefit by knowing how your opponents play ( their game style like LAG or TAG ..etc ) , and this job is only for your poker tracker or Holdem Manger
poker is a lot more complicated than what you and I said , but I was only trying to show how math works
and believe me without knowing the math in poker , dice would be much better

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:46:45 AM

Thank you darling, that was a beautiful explanation :*  Now I need to find a bot that can do this for me!  I find this idea really interesting, and I love it how math wins AGAIN.

I really hope that helped you a little to understand the game
when you are playing like 4 tables I think there is no need for bots or even EV calculator
mathematical in poker is not that hard , and people can master it by time but of course it needs working on it

Here's the issue: the probability is only over extended periods of time (100k+ hands minimum, 10m+ preferred). In a game like dice where you roll thousands of times, it makes more sense than in a game of poker where you may only play 50 hands. Your probability in poker isn't nearly as important as your ability to read opponents.

well people who take poker seriously at least play 4 tables at the same time , and people who make a living by playing poker u can find them play easily 8 tables and you would be surprised if you know that there are some people play +24 tables at the same time
and most of these players prefer 6max games , now let's say that the hand will take 1 minute that means you can play around 60 hands every hour per table
if you play more than 8 tables you would know that without knowing these numbers you can't know what's your hourly rate  Grin
you are talking about reading people , and this is not important at all in online poker
you can benefit by knowing how your opponents play ( their game style like LAG or TAG ..etc ) , and this job is only for your poker tracker or Holdem Manger
poker is a lot more complicated than what you and I said , but I was only trying to show how math works
and believe me without knowing the math in poker , dice would be much better

Eh, you can push whatever notion you want. My consistent cashing in tournaments both in RL and online is proof to myself that what I do works. You can't possibly be getting top 3 over 80% of the time just by using math -- it's improbable that you'd lock in enough good hands (and get enough play) for that to get you to the end. In any case, it's good when some of you base all your decisions on math -- you help me win more, :p.

Math tells you the probability that your hand is going to win at showdown. This is irrelevant if you can push the otherwise winning hands from the pot. If you only play strong hands, you're not going to make it far very often.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:44:51 AM

Eh, you can push whatever notion you want. My consistent cashing in tournaments both in RL and online is proof to myself that what I do works. You can't possibly be getting top 3 over 80% of the time just by using math -- it's improbable that you'd lock in enough good hands (and get enough play) for that to get you to the end. In any case, it's good when some of you base all your decisions on math -- you help me win more, :p.

Math tells you the probability that your hand is going to win at showdown. This is irrelevant if you can push the otherwise winning hands from the pot. If you only play strong hands, you're not going to make it far very often.

+1

If you let any good opponent read you for playing strong hands pre-flop and 'math' thereon, he will crush your soul. (Who doesn't love to isolate these guys.)

Because while you may play your cards perfectly, he won't be playing cards. He'll be playing souls, and he'll be playing yours like an orchestra ...
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:13:42 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 06:37:01 AM by SyGambler

excuse me , but I have checked my posts more than one time and I'm sure I didn't say tourneys in my posts
would you please tell me how u assumed that I'm talking about tourneys  Huh
everyone knows that poker is more complicated , but that doesn't mean that you don't need to understand what you are doing and what is your expected value
Tourneys have a big luck part , most of the times you have to gamble while playing tourneys and that not against the math cause tourneys has payout structure and if you have 10K chips and other player has only 1 chip he may get paid more than you
I was talking about cash games and everyone ignoring the math and EV in cash games he is just fooling himself

+1

If you let any good opponent read you for playing strong hands pre-flop and 'math' thereon, he will crush your soul. (Who doesn't love to isolate these guys.)

Because while you may play your cards perfectly, he won't be playing cards. He'll be playing souls, and he'll be playing yours like an orchestra ...

that's why there is a term ( changing gears )
and by the way if u have checked my example you would know what I'm talking about
I gave a small example about holding A2s , and how to know if you can make money by calling in that situation or not
yes math is not all the poker , but without math poker is not +EV game
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:18:24 AM

excuse me , but I have checked my posts more than one time and I'm sure I didn't say tourneys in my posts
would you please tell me how u assumed that I'm talking about tourneys  Huh
everyone knows that poker is more complicated , but that doesn't mean that you don't need to understand what you are doing and what is your expected value
Tourneys have a very good luck part , most of the times you have to gamble while playing tourneys and that not against the math cause tourneys has payout structure and if you have 10K chips and other player has only 1 chip he may get paid more than you
I was talking about cash games and everyone ignoring the math and EV in cash games he is just fooling himself

It's the same principle in cash games -- there is no difference. Your posts make it fairly obvious that you don't play poker much or at least don't win (that or you're playing donkey stakes, aka "micro stakes"). Any real table would eat you alive if you seriously believe the crap you're posting here. But maybe that's your goal, to spread false information in the hopes that newbies will believe it and you can take advantage of them.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:46:07 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 09:50:30 AM by SyGambler

would you please tell me how u assumed that I'm talking about tourneys  Huh
Tourneys have a very good luck part , most of the times you have to gamble while playing tourneys and that not against the math cause tourneys has payout structure and if you have 10K chips and other player has only 1 chip he may get paid more than you

It's the same principle in cash games -- there is no difference. Your posts make it fairly obvious that you don't play poker much or at least don't win (that or you're playing donkey stakes, aka "micro stakes"). Any real table would eat you alive if you seriously believe the crap you're posting here. But maybe that's your goal, to spread false information in the hopes that newbies will believe it and you can take advantage of them.

I won't write much cause it's obvious you don't understand anything
the OP was asking about the outs and the odds and I have answered him with numbers and facts , then you started to post about reading how people play
anyway I won't post any more about this , hopefully I have answered the OP about what he needs

I think I should just say what magicmexican said to you , this explains a lot and it's obvious you suffer from playing one table

In a game like dice where you roll thousands of times, it makes more sense than in a game of poker where you may only play 50 hands. Your probability in poker isn't nearly as important as your ability to read opponents.

In what particular situation you will play only 50 hands? Having a sample of of tens/hundreds of thousands of hands is standard for any poker professional.

Giving too much weight to the "psychology" and "reads" is a standard fallacy that some new players fall into.

Its pretty tough to describe what it takes to be a good at poker, but if i would have to say in a few words it would be "have a sick determination to spend thousands of hours at pen&paper 'homework' "
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:58:15 AM

Math tells you the probability that your hand is going to win at showdown.

Do you seriosly think this is the only one application for math in poker? Also lol'd at being top3 in 80% in mtts

it's good when some of you base all your decisions on math -- you help me win more

Every poker decision is based on math, some people just dont understand what it means.

This thread is pretty tilting actually. People thinking that math in poker is like sitting there with odds calculator, trying to figure out can you call with your flush draw or not, and rest of the poker is PSYCHOLOGY. Lol. Is it 2004 again?
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:16:46 AM

Math tells you the probability that your hand is going to win at showdown.

Do you seriosly think this is the only one application for math in poker? Also lol'd at being top3 in 80% in mtts

it's good when some of you base all your decisions on math -- you help me win more

Every poker decision is based on math, some people just dont understand what it means.

This thread is pretty tilting actually. People thinking that math in poker is like sitting there with odds calculator, trying to figure out can you call with your flush draw or not, and rest of the poker is PSYCHOLOGY. Lol. Is it 2004 again?

Haha wish it was 2004  Grin

Math is used to make every single decision in poker, psychology is used where possible to help narrow down the probability of certain outcomes.  Every bit of extra information you get from psychology should be converted back into mathmatical odds BEFORE you make a betting decision.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:28:30 PM

This turned into arguments really quickly.

We should just have occasional cash BTC games and let the results do the talking Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: