Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost coins, help!  (Read 1956 times)
MysticTutor (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:36:45 AM

My bitcoin QT wallet has been crashing so I download Electrum wallet. I sent myself my coins from one wallet to the other, but they never arrived. I have no idea what to do now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:59:01 AM

My bitcoin QT wallet has been crashing so I download Electrum wallet. I sent myself my coins from one wallet to the other, but they never arrived. I have no idea what to do now.

can you post here the transaction ID? are you done syncing your Electrum?
Tim89

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:00:49 AM

Is the address you have sent it to correct? And how long ago did you sent them?

I can sometimes take a while to get a confirmation, but sometimes more confirmations are required. When you have sent them to a wrong address, then they're gone forever.
Btree

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

bitcoin é uma árvore que vai continuar a crescer

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:04:28 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 03:31:19 AM by Btree

i think your QT not synced perfect than you send your Bitcoin to that address...? right....?

Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:18:51 AM

Wait for it to sync and check on the blockchain if it is being confirmed if it has no confirmation wait for it. or double check the address you used you might have missed typed it.
MysticTutor (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:11:41 PM

Hexcoin; where do I find the transaction ID? An yes, Electrum is done syncing.

Tim89; yes, the address is correct. I coped and pasted to be sure. It's been about 24 hours now.

Btree; the QT wallet keeps crashing before it fully syncs.

Sarahiko; how do I check the blockchain and what and I looking for?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:32:29 PM

If your QT wallet doesn't run, and you didn't store a copy of the transactionID, then you may have some difficulty finding it.  If you know the address, you could look it up in any web based block explorer (such as blockchain.info or blockr.io).

Tim89; yes, the address is correct. I coped and pasted to be sure. It's been about 24 hours now.

If you can supply the bitcoin address, we can look it up and let you know what is happening.  My guess is that the QT wallet created the transaction, but never transmitted it to the network.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 04:51:32 PM

-snip-
 -snip-

- Bitcoin-qt version?
 - OS you are using?
 - Can you explain more about the crash?
 - People maybe able to help you if you post debug.log which you can find in data dorectory[1].

[1] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

If you cant use the old wallet and dont actually want to keep using it I see 3 4 possible solutions.

ordered by difficulty required:

#1 Give the wallet.dat to someone you trust or deem trustworthy enough. Let them create the TX for you.
#2 export the private keys into a light wallet like e.g. blockchain.info and send the coins from there (requires you to trust blockchain.info or any other service/wallet you are using and to handle unencrypted private keys, which is a risk)
#3 let someone create a raw TX for you, sign it yourself and post the signed version here for us to broadcast for you.
#4 create a raw TX by hand, sign it and post it here for us to broadcast it for you. (no trust required)

This is just my personal opinion. Its certainly a valid route to fix your problem with bitcoin core (as Muhammed suggested).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ChrisStewart5

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:51:41 PM

Did you generate the destination address with Electrum? If so you should be able to see the address on your electrum wallet. It would be helpful if you posted your destination address here so we can verify the transaction was broadcasted to the network.

You probably need to resync bitcoin core.

You can check your destination address at sites such as btc.blockr.io . Click the magnifying in the upper right hand corner and paste in your destination bitcoin address. Your address balance should reflect the amount of bitcoin you sent to that address assuming your transaction was broadcasted correctly. Here is an example of one:

https://btc.blockr.io/address/info/1C4kYhyLftmkn48YarSoLupxHfYFo8kp64

As a side note, you should always protect your bitcoins with nlocktime transactions to guarantee that you can access your bitcoins at a point in time in the future if something bad happens to your computer. You can do this with https://www.suredbits.com
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 06:34:59 AM

-snip-
#3 let someone create a raw TX for you, sign it yourself and post the signed version here for us to broadcast for you.
 -snip-

You should verify the Bitcoins are send to your address and not someone else in the raw transaction before signing. I suggest you to use https://coinb.in/#verify which will represent the data in a way you can understand easily.

zaqpp2

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:52:46 PM

what your transaction actually showed that sent bitcoin, usually no.

based on my experience, I always make backups private key in a note (usually I use excel).

I can only assume you:
1. try to find out the private key that is in the bitcoin-qt application, how: go to the debug window type "dumpprivkey [bitcoin address you]" >> notes and confidential
2. try to find out the private key electrum bitcoin you sent earlier, how: go to the console tab >> type "dumpprivkeys([bitcoin address you])". or right-click on bitcoin address and then click the private key >> >> copy
3. then you try to look for a computer with a decent internet speed so that synchronization can run faster (I recommend the VPS / Virtual Private Server)
4. download / install electrum in VPS >> imported private key in electrum
5. wait until synchronization is complete (usually 2 hours)
6. after the synchronization is complete send to the destination address (eg exchanger)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 07:23:39 PM

what your transaction actually showed that sent bitcoin, usually no.

based on my experience, I always make backups private key in a note (usually I use excel).

Uhm, I hope you encrypt that.

I can only assume you:
1. try to find out the private key that is in the bitcoin-qt application, how: go to the debug window type "dumpprivkey [bitcoin address you]" >> notes and confidential
2. try to find out the private key electrum bitcoin you sent earlier, how: go to the console tab >> type "dumpprivkeys([bitcoin address you])". or right-click on bitcoin address and then click the private key >> >> copy

Isnt 2. the same as 1. only for a specific address?

3. then you try to look for a computer with a decent internet speed so that synchronization can run faster (I recommend the VPS / Virtual Private Server)

uhm, why?

4. download / install electrum in VPS >> imported private key in electrum

The way I understand OP they already have a working electrum version, why would they need a different machine for this?

5. wait until synchronization is complete (usually 2 hours)

Did you ever use electrum? I never had it sync longer than a few seconds.

6. after the synchronization is complete send to the destination address (eg exchanger)

zaqpp2

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 11:42:58 PM

then you try to look for a computer with a decent internet speed so that synchronization can run faster (I recommend the VPS / Virtual Private Server)
uhm, why?

the actual should not be done, it is done when you have a busy job or your computer is restricted in use. I assume the use of VPS, because computers in VPS only you can control without the interference of others

The way I understand OP they already have a working electrum version, why would they need a different machine for this?
I just assumed only, and should not do  Cheesy

Did you ever use electrum? I never had it sync longer than a few seconds.
I'm electrum user. synchronization of electrum indeed is fast ,,, but I experienced anything like MysticTutor,, and by accident on my computer synchronization Electrum very long.

if synchronization electrum on your computer takes only a few seconds, I think that because electrum server and your internet connection looks fast
MysticTutor (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:42:35 PM

http://www.avwebmaker.com/ebay/bc.png

Hopefully I'm not showing anything sensitive.

QT version: 0.8.1
The crash is after about 5 minutes of synchronizing it gives me the "failed to write date" error. When I click OK the program shuts down.

As you can see from the image it sent 1.1 coins (top right). Bottom left you can see the same address in Electrum has not received them. I of course copy/pasted to make sure it's correct.

I do have the transaction ID and full info. When I put it in coinb.in as Muhammed Zakir suggested above it says, "Unable to decode". Is it safe to post that info here?

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:54:09 PM

Your core wallet is not synced to the network.
You should pushtx to network.
These steps you should follow:
1- Click the 1.1 sent tx on core wallet.
2- Double click this tx on the Transactions page.
3- Get the "tx id". (copy it)
4- Open the console from menu of Core wallet
5- type this command: "getrawtransaction txid" (you should paste the txid).
6- get the response (it'll be long hexadecimal string) copy it
7- go to http://blockchain.info/pushtx and past it here then push it to the network.

It'll show up on your electrum.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
MysticTutor (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:45:58 AM

Ingiltere. Step 3 I'm assuming that  tx id is the Transaction ID? I have that saved.
Step 4 Core wallet? Is the sending QT wallet? I can't find a console there. Or in the new receiving Electrum wallet? If it's the new Electrum wallet I typed getrawtransaction <Transaction ID> without quotes it says SyntaxError, if I type that with quotes it just repeates what I've typed.

1- Click the 1.1 sent tx on core wallet.
2- Double click this tx on the Transactions page.
3- Get the "tx id". (copy it)
4- Open the console from menu of Core wallet
5- type this command: "getrawtransaction txid" (you should paste the txid).
6- get the response (it'll be long hexadecimal string) copy it
7- go to http://blockchain.info/pushtx and past it here then push it to the network.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:54:38 AM

Step 4 Core wallet? Is the sending QT wallet?

Yes.

I can't find a console there.

Look for the "Help" menu.

On the "Help" menu, choose "Debug Window"

In the "Debug Window", choose "Console".

In the console, type:

Code:
getrawtransaction transactionID

(using the actual transactionID instead of the word "transactionID").
MysticTutor (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:46:58 AM

Danny. Found the console, typed the code, got a very long string, copy and pasted it in to https://blockchain.info/pushtx, got the following: The Maximum Very Small Inputs Exceeded (20).
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 06:49:14 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 07:07:10 AM by shorena

Danny. Found the console, typed the code, got a very long string, copy and pasted it in to https://blockchain.info/pushtx, got the following: The Maximum Very Small Inputs Exceeded (20).

Im not familiar with the error messages blockchain.info provides, but if you want you can paste the rawTX here so we can broadcast it with our own nodes for you. This will not leak anything sensetive. Instead of you broadcasting the TX to the network it would be one of us. Where the TX gets into the network does not matter, its only important that it reaches a miner.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: