Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:27:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's coordinate our contacts to merchants. Post a merchant contact info here.  (Read 401 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:41:10 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 01:19:09 PM by Elwar

Now that I am off of credit/debit cards I tend to e-mail a website that I would have used to purchase their services before I move on to find a way to pay with Bitcoin. Some have said that they have received inquiries in the past from others.

My contact is usually something along the lines of:
"Hello, I have dropped my credit/debit cards and have started using Bitcoin for all of my purchases. I wanted to use your service but notice that you have no option to pay with Bitcoin. Is this something you may be considering or have plans for implementing?"

Something simple like that. Takes a few seconds.

Let's create a list of links to various merchant's contact links so we can contact them and let them know that there are people out there that would like to pay with bitcoins on their websites.

I just sent one to Amazon. You can contact them by logging into your account, click Help, click on any of the Recommended topics on the bottom right. The page will have a "Contact Us" button.
Click "Prime or Something Else"
Choose one of the drop downs in section "2". Choose your method of contact (e-mail). Send your message.

Amazon's response:
Hello,

I'm sorry; currently we don't accept Bitcoin as a payment method on our website at this point.

However, I've forwarded your e-mail to our billing department for future construction.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:47:59 PM

I'm impressed by your plan on living on bitcoin, online. I imagine it's a hard thing to do, involving lots of investigation and so on.

Maybe you can make a post with the services or ways you found useful for living on bitcoin that way.

For your suggestion. It migth help but it might not work too when they get a big bunch of requests at a time and then nothing anymore. They would know it's a created demand, not having to be natural.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:52:25 PM

I'm impressed by your plan on living on bitcoin, online. I imagine it's a hard thing to do, involving lots of investigation and so on.

Maybe you can make a post with the services or ways you found useful for living on bitcoin that way.

For your suggestion. It migth help but it might not work too when they get a big bunch of requests at a time and then nothing anymore. They would know it's a created demand, not having to be natural.

I'm building a directory listing all kinds of online and offline shops where you can spend your BTC. If you would convince shops to accept BTC, i would be very thankfull if you added them to my list  Grin http://www.buywithbtc.biz

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:03:59 PM

I created a thread here of most of the services I use the most:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943143.0

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: