Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Canadian Mint Concierge Service  (Read 434 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:43:50 PM

Hey folks,

As some of you may know, I collect coins. To this end, I have found myself in the perhaps-enviable position of being a member of the Royal Canadian Mint's "Masters Club", which affords me early access to new releases and occasional access to sold-out or in-store-only items, on a case-by-case basis. I have also recently been given access to concierge service, which means that I get new product alerts even earlier than regular Masters Club members.

Given the number of people around here who at least have a passing interest in numismatics, I figured I'd make the most of my unfettered access and pass on this service to you, my forum peers.

This is only for serious collectors like myself. If you do not want zero-day access to new coins or the ability to purchase sold-out coins, this isn't for you.

However, if this does sound like something you'd be interested in, I will forward advance product alerts to you as soon as I receive them, and I will also purchase coins on your behalf and have them shipped to you.

An administrative fee of $10/mo plus 2.5% of the value of any purchases will be charged for this service. Purchasing a coin will waive the $10 fee for the month in which the purchase was made.

All packages shipped promptly and discreetly from Canada.

PGP-signed version of this statement here.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:17:43 PM

Hey folks,

As some of you may know, I collect coins. To this end, I have found myself in the perhaps-enviable position of being a member of the Royal Canadian Mint's "Masters Club", which affords me early access to new releases and occasional access to sold-out or in-store-only items, on a case-by-case basis. I have also recently been given access to concierge service, which means that I get new product alerts even earlier than regular Masters Club members.

Given the number of people around here who at least have a passing interest in numismatics, I figured I'd make the most of my unfettered access and pass on this service to you, my forum peers.

This is only for serious collectors like myself. If you do not want zero-day access to new coins or the ability to purchase sold-out coins, this isn't for you.

However, if this does sound like something you'd be interested in, I will forward advance product alerts to you as soon as I receive them, and I will also purchase coins on your behalf and have them shipped to you.

An administrative fee of $10/mo plus 2.5% of the value of any purchases will be charged for this service. Purchasing a coin will waive the $10 fee for the month in which the purchase was made.

ok. please let me know if there's plan from rcm to mint bitcoins.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 01:38:58 AM

Shame they put the queens face on every coin...ruins them for me.  She is so ugly - every coin is cool looking until you flip it over and see her  Undecided.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1190

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:48:54 AM

Hey folks,

$120 a year just for product releases? How much advance warning do you get exactly, compared to someone just signed up to the mint mailing list? When you buy these coins for customers, is shipping covered by your 2.5% added fee? How many coins do they release per year?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:37:37 PM

$120 a year just for product releases? How much advance warning do you get exactly, compared to someone just signed up to the mint mailing list? When you buy these coins for customers, is shipping covered by your 2.5% added fee? How many coins do they release per year?

Nobody's saying you have to do it 12 months in a row, and you get your $10 back for every month in which you buy a coin.

I get several days advance warning, depending on the coin. I've seen coins sell out within two days of release to the general public. Also, I'm able to purchase coins that are no longer available online. Go ahead and try to purchase a $350 Majestic Moose, I dare ya!

Shipping is extra and will be based on actual cost to ship to your location. I receive free shipping from the mint to my home, so you wouldn't be paying double shipping charges or anything like that.

The mint produced 262 different numismatic pieces last year, up from 201 in 2013. They've been ramping up their production each year; I wouldn't be surprised to see over 300 unique pieces this year.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:46:10 PM

Shame they put the queens face on every coin...ruins them for me.  She is so ugly - every coin is cool looking until you flip it over and see her  Undecided.

Just wait until she kicks the bucket!

Incidentally, they occasionally produce pieces with older portraits of Betty:

Some of the war-themed coins even show the portrait of George VI:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: