Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (bitmarket) People pay me with PayPal even though I did not choose PP as accept  (Read 1576 times)
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:10:46 AM

I wonder if that happens to other sellers on bitmarket as well.  I've chosen only bank transfers as the accepted methods - but I've got already two PayPal transfers this night.  It got me suspicious - I don't know even how they found my PayPal account.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:16:27 AM

Are you talking about bitmarket.eu, or some other exchange? In case of bitmarket.eu - maybe you've put your paypal address in your "seller message" in Account section? Or maybe people are just sending the payments to the email address you use (which is plain stupid thing to do without asking you first).
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:55:03 AM

Yes - it is about bitmarket.eu and no - I don't have anything in seller message.  Maybe I'll add now that I don't accept PayPal.

I don't know - maybe it is just stupid - but I suspect that it is malicious.  Maybe it is people who did the withdraw trick before.  The more suspicious it is that one of them took a much above the market offer.
burp

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 09:01:11 PM

The same happened to me today  Angry

Fees of 0.55€ for a 10.40€ payment. Morons… I will need to change my bitmarket email address to one not known by paypal.
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 09:49:56 PM

I'm a buyer who have resorted to paying with PayPal (after negotiation with the seller) due to the sellers partially filling my offers with amounts below my bank's minimum SEPA transfer limit.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 04:55:05 AM

I don't get it. If people agree to pay a certain way then paying a different unacceptable way doesn't count. They can negotiate to get the PP back and I wouldn't play hardball, but why would you accept it as the agreed payment when it is not?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: