Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 07:55:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-Market Just a Massive Pump & Dump with Trolling Everywhere? Even NXT...  (Read 560 times)
box0214 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:48:39 PM

I have been watching the market for about 12 months now and in particular with the NXT platform.

The whole crypto market seems like a massive pump and dump scene. Prices go up 20% then fall then do they same again.

Will it ever leave this stage? The NXT tech side is great but seems like no one is actually using it. They are just bag holders hoping for to become millionaires.

Would love a response to this question as well. People only seem to reply when someone with a reputation posts on this forum.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:50:33 PM

Nope, when your paying in bananas all you do is attract monkeys.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:41:25 PM

Nope, when your paying in bananas all you do is attract monkeys.

Did somebody say bananas?

If you think 20% is a pump and dump, you need to watch a bit more. 20% is normal volatility in this game. Hell, I've seen the spread between Ask and Bid at 20%.

medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:49:26 PM

yeah look how also the bigger coins move, huge moves in both directions are normal. more financial instruments will reduce volatility.

XMR Monero
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:44:15 PM

This is true.  Most altcoins only have gimmicks and marketing.  Take a look at VNL.  The developer is trying to solve all of the limitations of bitcoin.  For instance, having a highly synchronized global transaction pool that prevents block reorganizations; having plenty of low-powered nodes that can be set up on almost any computer, phone, tablet, or newer game console; and having a chain that downloads quickly.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:43:44 PM

the fact that you mentioned the price going up and down 20% tells me a lot..
me ? I wouldn't care about the price of a coin I am invested in long term, at least not the minor price fluctuations.
If your a long term supporter that should not be your metric of success
and caring what Trolls think is dumb.. who cares what they think or say etc ?

Whining about the market value and blaming Bitcointalk forum members ?
Pro Tip: The price should be determined by the mass public adopting the currency.
And if they do NOT adopt it ? Then the currency is a failure. (to me anyway)

I agree it is a pump and dump trolling mess but it's far less nasty than what it was last couple years..
because everyone left.

I don't see how a real coin supporter would post what you did here.
Sounds to me like you just want to make money and your mad your not rich yet and blaming those darn evil trolls  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: