Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:23:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Left Pool Info on Sold Miner  (Read 1209 times)
Jnarowe (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:16:25 PM

I Just realized I did not delete the pool info from a couple of Terraminers that I have sent to a buyer. Does that pose any potential problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:03:09 PM

if you don't have any money in your account, it shouldn't, at best he can mine with your account and recieve balance there, but if he can't access it(i don't remember if there is the password too) he will do nothing

otherwise if he have the password too it is better for you to not mine with that account anymore, create another one
Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:32:07 PM

Thank you for the quick reply!

That's basically what I assumed. A couple of the pools don't even have passwords to mine, but obviously require them to log in and manipulate the account. I have virtually everything moved out of the pools, as I did that automatically while mining.

I guess I need to check everything thoroughly again just to make sure. Maybe change the passwords and 2F just to be sure there is no path that can be followed to my BTC account.

It seems to me that if the new owner mined to those pools, he would just be giving me money. Obviously I don't know the guy, but I can't imagine buying one of these boxes at this point, so I am not too sure of the intellect factor.

Thanks!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:45:13 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 08:36:56 PM by notlist3d

Thank you for the quick reply!

That's basically what I assumed. A couple of the pools don't even have passwords to mine, but obviously require them to log in and manipulate the account. I have virtually everything moved out of the pools, as I did that automatically while mining.

I guess I need to check everything thoroughly again just to make sure. Maybe change the passwords and 2F just to be sure there is no path that can be followed to my BTC account.

It seems to me that if the new owner mined to those pools, he would just be giving me money. Obviously I don't know the guy, but I can't imagine buying one of these boxes at this point, so I am not too sure of the intellect factor.

Thanks!

As long as you did not use a password you use for sites or something else your fine.  Only problem is if you used a password that is confidential.  I know my worker passwords are nothing special or something I use elsewhere.

But you chances are will get a few minutes of miner coming online, then new buyer will change configuration.  When new buyer changes to his/her pools it will get rid of your pools.
Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:29:14 PM

Thank you!
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 03:24:46 AM

no, the buyer can't do anything to your account as the details in your miner will be of the worker that you have created in your account and not your login details.

Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:00:34 PM

Thanks!

Even better news, the guy that bought them refused delivery. After slow-paying the "Buy It Now" on ebay to the point I had to open a non-payment ticket, he then refused the shipment upon arrival, while claiming they must be going back since it's the same tracking number, but also had filed a "not as described" complaint with Paypal. The tracking info clearly shows he refused them. Total douche is going to cost me a lot in shipping.

I am really beginning to hate eBay and Paypal.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:42:04 PM

Thanks!

Even better news, the guy that bought them refused delivery. After slow-paying the "Buy It Now" on ebay to the point I had to open a non-payment ticket, he then refused the shipment upon arrival, while claiming they must be going back since it's the same tracking number, but also had filed a "not as described" complaint with Paypal. The tracking info clearly shows he refused them. Total douche is going to cost me a lot in shipping.

I am really beginning to hate eBay and Paypal.

What part did he say was not as described?

You do have to be safe on ebay sales, sadly it can end in loss of money and time..
Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:49:22 PM

You do have to be safe on ebay sales, sadly it can end in loss of money and time..

He didn't. he didn't open the boxes because he refused them on delivery. At least that is what I have gleaned from his nonsensical claim.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:19:14 AM

He didn't. he didn't open the boxes because he refused them on delivery. At least that is what I have gleaned from his nonsensical claim.

Ebay/paypal almost all of the time will side with buyer.   If you did not miss quoted date of delivery or anything I would work with ebay/paypal.

If you are lucky you get a dispute where you can get shipping paid.  But it sadly will be a battle for sure.
Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:10:41 PM

Ebay/paypal almost all of the time will side with buyer.   If you did not miss quoted date of delivery or anything I would work with ebay/paypal.

If you are lucky you get a dispute where you can get shipping paid.  But it sadly will be a battle for sure.

I have a very strong feeling this is a kid.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:34:20 PM

I have a very strong feeling this is a kid.

I hope for your dispute you are wrong.  If they say a child ordered something on parents account, and parents denied package most likely you will be out everything and just get machine back.

So I hope it was an adult who ordered.   
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:45:22 PM

The sad thing is that assuming you went through the proper eBay channels (like paying with paypal, communicating only through eBay, etc), you as the seller can still be screwed pretty badly.  Even if you mark the items as no returns or refunds on the sale, if the buyer files a complaint and says the item wasn't as described, he's likely to win that dispute.  The buyer has 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim with eBay stating the item was not as described.  Feasibly the guy could get your miner, plug it in, mine for a month and then file a claim.  He'd be refunded.  It's a sad situation, but eBay basically offers no protection whatsoever to the seller.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:04:10 PM

Well he refused delivery rather than open it. But I hear what you are saying, which is th eprimary reason I do not use eBay or Paypal for my business.

I uploaded pics to the complaint, and today they are gone. lol
Jnarowe (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:08:03 AM

Yeah. Screwed. He doesn't have the product so he doesn't have to cover shipping. I sent him a bill anyway and re-listed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: