View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:05:51 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 01:47:58 PM by -XXIII-

dead

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:43:35 AM

you are posting from a brand new account and your site wont even load, id suggest escrowing the bug bounty funds if you want any real attention for your site. seems suspicious than anything else.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
-XXIII- (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:49:29 AM

you are posting from a brand new account

I realize this is a new account, and knew this was going to be a problem. I never had the need to join a forum and actively participate in it, now that I have something to offer, this is how I'd like to become a part of this one. 

your site wont even load

It's loading fine on my end on both clearnet and tor hosts, can you try again?

id suggest escrowing the bug bounty funds

You mean escrow them in advanced? That's a good idea that I'll get started on.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:19:10 AM

you are posting from a brand new account

I realize this is a new account, and knew this was going to be a problem. I never had the need to join a forum and actively participate in it, now that I have something to offer, this is how I'd like to become a part of this one. 

your site wont even load

It's loading fine on my end on both clearnet and tor hosts, can you try again?

id suggest escrowing the bug bounty funds

You mean escrow them in advanced? That's a good idea that I'll get started on.

its not loading and i can guarantee that this isnt a problem on my end.

-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:39:09 AM

its not loading and i can guarantee that this isnt a problem on my end.

By the fork, you're right. Well now I feel dumb, I had my hosts file pointing locally.

I'm sorry, can you try again? It's working for me through a proxy browser now. Thanks for your patience.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:47:02 AM

both the clearnet and TOR versions are loading for me now, but im still hesitant on giving your site a test, because you know, new account, new site, and the lack of trust. there is little incentive to use your service when there are plenty of reputable escrow services available on this forum.

-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:05:02 AM

I understand your concern. If you have a chance, try out the testnet. If you like it, send me a pm and I'll do what can be done to gain at least one person's trust.

The incentive, I hoping, is the free escrow and multi-coin support.

melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:09:31 AM

There are lots of good escrows already, so why should we use yours?  I am not trolling, I am serious, what do you offer that can compete with other escrows?  And imo not charging anything is not exactly a good thing.  Being a escrow can be a pita, it takes work, so why would you do it for free?
-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:20:05 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 10:57:57 AM by -XXIII-

There are lots of good escrows already, so why should we use yours?  I am not trolling, I am serious, what do you offer that can compete with other escrows?  And imo not charging anything is not exactly a good thing.  Being a escrow can be a pita, it takes work, so why would you do it for free?

Other than free, another good thing is not needing an account to use this. You only provide a PGP key and email address.

Also is the availability on Tor, it's running as a hidden service which I couldn't find others running this way.

Just multiple coin support, free of use, seller-initiated, what else is there to get out of escrow?

Quote from: melody82
Being a escrow can be a pita

haha what?

Quote from: melody82
why would you do it for free

Here's my thinking: The only time that I get involved will be for dispute handling. This is the only charge. Other than that, the server runs itself, there are plenty of free services available, why shouldn't escrow be? So I made a (mostly) automated solution.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:09:40 PM

The fact that you are not using multisig does not encourage trust in your site. You can simply walk away with every escrow deposit overnight. With multisig you can not do that.
-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:26:35 PM

The fact that you are not using multisig does not encourage trust in your site. You can simply walk away with every escrow deposit overnight. With multisig you can not do that.

I'm seeing what can be done about this right now. Thanks for the push, this will be no.1 on my to-do for this project.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:44:56 PM

I'm seeing what can be done about this right now. Thanks for the push, this will be no.1 on my to-do for this project.
Put simply: allow multi-sig escrow.  I'm not sure how you would be involved for that though.  Maybe just offer a non-profit free service Smiley
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:45:52 PM

Did you ever put bug bounty funds in escrow.   I will do some penetration testing on your site but have little incentive to do so without funds in escrow.

-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:29:44 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 08:00:21 PM by -XXIII-

Did you ever put bug bounty funds in escrow.   I will do some penetration testing on your site but have little incentive to do so without funds in escrow.

Sorry, I'm multi-tasking a lot today. I'm getting on this now using that dude's escrow above. brb

nvm that's a closed beta. I don't know how other escrows work, what would be proof to you guys. I'll look for another escrow site.

edit: i'm doing a bunch of reading, and all I see for escrow are limitations which don't allow an open escrow,
http://www.reddit.com/r/BitMarket/wiki/escrow
https://bitcoinhelp.net/know/more/best-escrow-services

I don't know how to prove my honesty here, I have much funds available, here's around 100$ in btc I brought in the other day,
https://blockchain.info/tx/92a60feb4ac00ff3163e61b2c5afb336c2e979403a8081b505e05123cc44eb06
here's a screenshot;
https://i.imgur.com/aTitHbg.png

If I ended up screwing someone from the beginning I can guarantee myself failure which clearly isn't what I desire. I don't know how else to prove this sirs. Any suggestions?
secrethedgehog

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:17:22 PM

Thank you for this... Looks promising.

I understand where you are coming from with the new forum things... I have been using Bitcoin since 2011 and never used this forum until recently,

People don't trust here that easily though. Which is understandable due to all scamming that has been performed.

As its a free service, You are not losing anything by leaving it open. Just leave it open to people who want to use it and sure enough after some time when people start to trust you more people will use it. You can't force trust on someone.

Partly why I have not joined any Bitcoin related projects, as I am new to the BitcoinTalk community, I doubt anyone trust me.

I do wish you the best of luck with your project however. Just give it time.
-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:26:40 AM

I'm not sure how multisig will work with how I've implemented the technology available. I'm still trying to get a hold of the dev, but when I think about how multisig works and how Keyscrow works, it just doesn't fit.

Keyscrow generates BTC address keypairs offline, and encrypts the private WIF key on the spot with the vendor's PGP key. Finalizing sends the BTC Private key in WIF to the initiator's email address encrypted with with their provided PGP key.

The addresses we generate are offline, and there are no live wallets to move coins, so my thinking is with 2-of-3 how would I charge folks the support fee without being able to move the coins myself? The only time I get involved is to split disputes between seller and buyer, then take my cut. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how multisig works, but in needing 2 'auth' keys there's no way to take a cut after the keys are generated, which would require a live wallet to take a fee before creating multisig key right?

I really don't want to host a live wallet, for various reasons including funds security as well as my own peace of mind.

Maybe if I'm mistaken, someone will set me straight.

People don't trust here that easily though. Which is understandable due to all scamming that has been performed.

Yeah, people tend to get jaded easily after being ripped off. It only takes one person to give you a chance, trouble is finding that person eh? Thanks for the supporting encouragement my friend!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 12:14:11 PM

So if addresses are generated offline, are these addresses generated or send manually to email? If yes, wouldn't that be too time consuming?

-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:48:05 PM

So if addresses are generated offline, are these addresses generated or send manually to email? If yes, wouldn't that be too time consuming?

The entire process is automated except for disputes, where I'd have to manually split whatever agreement the exchanging parties agree to.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 12:49:18 PM

The entire process is automated except for disputes, where I'd have to manually split whatever agreement the exchanging parties agree to.

Then please tell what you mean by "offline".

-XXIII- (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:56:39 PM

Then please define what do you mean by "offline"?

Maybe I'm using improper wording, what I mean is just generating keypairs without using the wallet.
Like this:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/7491/how-to-generate-keypair-completely-offline
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: