Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a list of the things that are unique to NEM (XEM) or that it did FIRST?  (Read 445 times)
Chris001 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:02:16 AM

It seems that most people don't know just how much NEM has accomplished.

So I want to put together a list of just how successful NEM has become. It seems that because it has taken so long (and understandably so) that people haven't kept up with the amazing progress it has made.

If those that know can just reply with the details, I will add it here as they come.

I think those outside the community will be surprised how far we have come.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:08:38 AM

1 - Created the most sockpuppet accounts in the history of BTT.
2 - Scammed the most noobs in the history of BTT.
3 - Huh?
4 - PROFIT!!!!111

Edit: Scratch No 2.  You guys didn't even manage to do that.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Chris001 (OP)

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:23:04 AM

3 - Huh?
4 - PROFIT!!!!111

Wow, thanks for such a quick response!!

1. Yes, there were a lot of socks, a ton actually. That is understandable, as people are greedy. Of course that would happen as people seen it had potential and they wanted as much NEM as they could get. Sure, no argument there.

At the same time the community did such a great job weeding them out that even the founder lost his leadership position and his socks as well.

That's what I love about decentralized systems.

That's the power of the community.

2. How did noobs get scammed. They got in free, or for 10 bucks, and it was worth $1300 at one point.

Man, I want to be scammed like THAT!!!

3.Huh?

4. Yes, profit!! I would add that to the list, but as a lot of coins do cause people to lose BTC, there have been some profitable ones, so I don't think we can call that unique or a first.

Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:29:41 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 07:08:15 AM by kennyP

First coin to launch created by a known scammer.

repeat

First coin to launch created by a known scammer.

everyone KNEW utopianfuture was a scammer, and NEM still launched. That's a first, and absolutely amazing.

It's an incredible marketing opportunity. No other coin can claim this 'bad boy' heritage.

Of course many coin founders are suspected AFTER the launch, but UP was a KNOWN scammer before the launch. That's unique to NEM
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:49:41 AM

3 - Huh?
4 - PROFIT!!!!111

1. Yes, there were a lot of socks, a ton actually. That is understandable, as people are greedy. Of course that would happen as people seen it had potential and they wanted as much NEM as they could get. Sure, no argument there.

At the same time the community did such a great job weeding them out that even the founder lost his leadership position and his socks as well.

2. How did noobs get scammed. They got in free, or for 10 bucks, and it was worth $1300 at one point.

3.Huh?

4. Yes, profit!! I would add that to the list, but as a lot of coins do cause people to lose BTC, there have been some profitable ones, so I don't think we can call that unique or a first.

Nobody can honestly believe that all of UtopianFuture's socks were discovered.  He had literally hundreds of them.  He lost his position not because of the community's diligence, but because he's an idiot who logged in under one of his socks to post as UtopianFuture.

It's a scam because NEM was/is advertised as "an egalitarian/fair crypto" to the unsuspecting masses all while UtopianFuture defrauded everyone to profit.  The whole community found out about his deceit and kept up this ridiculous mantra.  Not to mention that UF claimed all his stakes in the beginning when they were free and then later changed the rules and started charging for them.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:35:13 AM

So I want to put together a list of just how successful NEM has become. It seems that because it has taken so long (and understandably so) that people haven't kept up with the amazing progress it has made.

If those that know can just reply with the details, I will add it here as they come.

If you mean features, then NEM was the first coin to offer proof-of-importance as an alternative to proof-of-stake and proof-of-work. Proof-of-importance was a modification of proof-of-stake that is designed to discourage hoarding and encourage its use as a currency. NEM was also the first altcoin to feature Eigentrust++ as a reputation system to help protect the network and disincentivize bad nodes as well as the first coin to implement blockchain-based multisig upon launch.

I have a few NEM myself (in addition to the NXT I originally had) which I intend to hold as a long term investment. Gotta say I do feel sorry for utopianfuture though (assuming that the sockpuppet scandal wasn't completely planned out and staged like some people here think). Without him, NEM would never have existed. I can completely understand how it might be easy to forget to log off and post under the wrong account. Sad

NXT was marred by a less-than-perfect initial distribution while NEM was marred by the founder getting caught with sockpuppets. Despite these, I still think that both coins have enormous potential to become major players in the future. Unfortunately for their communities however, these associations will probably continue to haunt these coins forever - as the replies made in this thread so far show.
Chris001 (OP)

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:39:11 AM

3 - Huh?
4 - PROFIT!!!!111

3.Huh?

Nobody can honestly believe that all of UtopianFuture's socks were discovered.  He had literally hundreds of them.  He lost his position not because of the community's diligence, but because he's an idiot who logged in under one of his socks to post as UtopianFuture.

It's a scam because NEM was/is advertised as "an egalitarian/fair crypto" to the unsuspecting masses all while UtopianFuture defrauded everyone to profit.  The whole community found out about his deceit and kept up this ridiculous mantra.  Not to mention that UF claimed all his stakes in the beginning when they were free and then later changed the rules and started charging for them.

I don't think you're going to argue, the community with very solid devs built NEM.

I assume because you have decentralized in your name you can appreciate that.

So let's get back to what is unique about NEM, technical achievements and so on.

Chris001 (OP)

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:56:32 AM

If you mean features, then NEM was the first coin to offer proof-of-importance as an alternative to proof-of-stake and proof-of-work. Proof-of-importance was a modification of proof-of-stake that is designed to discourage hoarding and encourage its use as a currency. NEM was also the first altcoin to feature Eigentrust++ as a reputation system to help protect the network and disincentivize bad nodes as well as the first coin to implement blockchain-based multisig upon launch.

I have a few NEM myself (in addition to the NXT I originally had) which I intend to hold as a long term investment. Gotta say I do feel sorry for utopianfuture though (assuming that the sockpuppet scandal wasn't completely planned out and staged like some people here think). Without him, NEM would never have existed. I can completely understand how it might be easy to forget to log off and post under the wrong account. Sad

NXT was marred by a less-than-perfect initial distribution while NEM was marred by the founder getting caught with sockpuppets. Despite these, I still think that both coins have enormous potential to become major players in the future. Unfortunately for their communities however, these associations will probably continue to haunt these coins forever - as the replies made in this thread so far show.

This is what I'm talking about. What else? Or what else is coming out?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: